Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conquest point results - Noticable changes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conquest point results - Noticable changes.

Following on from this thread in the screenshots section about blooper conquest results I beleive this is a good point of discussion generally. so i have created this thread to discuss the following...

I have noticed after every conquest results on Garuda that more regions are being dominated by beastmen a minimum of 4-5 at any time. I have been playing the game for nearly a year now and it is only in the last month I have noticed this as being more and more common.

It is known that there are a lot more RMT's about on servers camping certain monsters etc. There has also been outrage of many MPK methods employed by these people.

The question is do you think the amount of deaths of RMT's using noobish (I hate that word) characters i.e no sub jobs, lack of proper gear etc and dieing quite frequently (as people have made many observation in various threads on this forum about this) and the MPKing incidents is this adding to the problem of increasing Beastmen dominance in certain regions? These are not regions that you have to exp in to gain certain levels i.e. Qufim or Elshimo, but others where many NM's are and "proffitable drop monster" areas, which leads me to distinguish that it is not the influx of new characters with the 360 release and new influx of players on other platforms but as this is higher level areas it may be more to do with RMT's trying to get high value items and camping agressivly in NM areas.

If this is common accross servers then this would be another way that RMT's are affecting us (for others see this thread )

What does the comunity think of this concept? Discuss.

Re: Conquest point results - Noticable changes.

yeah, that usually happens <_<
    group A of gilsellers go to fight XXXX NM, and they all die, due to inexperience. group B of gilsellers go to fight same NM, and they all die >_>, random hnm LS comes, and kills NM O_o making alot of deaths, causing beastmen controlled areas? O_o iono, my theory. lol
    WAR75/ MNK45/ WHM38/ RDM6/ DRG13/ RNG42/ BLM21/ THF45 /SAM22 /NIN53 /BRD64 /DRK11 /SMN12/BST28/ PLD13/18 BLU/17 COR/1 PUP

"The man all the ladies want."

Comment

It's due to everyone leveling in ToAU areas.
      http://www.mixcloud.com/hamza-sibai/

Comment

Originally posted by Inferknite
        I agree. It's not RMTs really. There's just not nearly as many players in non-ToAU areas to uphold Conquest, particularly at higher levels where the conquest results from higher level players can more strongly affect the outcome.

Icemage

Comment

eh, i didnt know we were talking about toau zones <_< yeah, whole PTs die there XD
          WAR75/ MNK45/ WHM38/ RDM6/ DRG13/ RNG42/ BLM21/ THF45 /SAM22 /NIN53 /BRD64 /DRK11 /SMN12/BST28/ PLD13/18 BLU/17 COR/1 PUP

Comment

Originally posted by Akai
            eh, i didnt know we were talking about toau zones <_< yeah, whole PTs die there XD
            They weren't, but because everyone is leveling in ToAU zones there is no one to gaining CP in the pre-ToAU zones and so they fall to the beastmen.
            I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

O.o gosh, im confused now...lol o.o alot of people still lvl in sky, bibiki, etc, since some people decide not to get new expansions~ but maybe a death is more crititcal than 1 PT lvling there

Comment

Thats an interesting concept, never thought about that, it certainly makes it more difficult for people levelling in these higher areas where they is no outpost to save at.

Comment

Not only does it suck for outpost warps but also for crafting. I use regional vendors all the time. When a region is under beastmen control supplies are limited and sometimes what I need is not on the ah.
                  Thanks Kazuki.
                  Dragoon Equipment

Comment

yeah, i hate beastmen controlled xarcabard(not sure on area name)...sucks when you pay for a tele-vazhl, and you find out halfway, that its beastmen controlled :x
                    also, not alot of people set their HP to outposts O_o just mostly newer people :x

Comment

qft

[75NIN] | [75RNG] | [64NPC]
                      [W10] | [ZM Complete] | [PM Complete] | [TA25]
                      San d' Oria 0 | Bastok 0
                      Current: Apocolypse Nigh

Comment

Originally posted by Akai
                        yeah, i hate beastmen controlled xarcabard(not sure on area name)...sucks when you pay for a tele-vazhl, and you find out halfway, that its beastmen controlled :x
                        also, not alot of people set their HP to outposts O_o just mostly newer people :x
                        There's no reason to set your HP at an outpost past qufim.
                        "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

i doubt the RMT really had anything to do with this. . . I think ToAU had a lot to do with it.

before COP the Kolushu region was controlled by beastmen almost all the time. since COP, they haven't won control once.

after ToAU, there were regions either rarely controlled or never controlled by beastmen going into their hands. most likely this happened the week after a nation that was 1st in conquest had control.

vollbrow region is only controlled about once per year, usually around chinese new year.

yeah, I know ToAU zones are popular, but since the update I'm starting to notice Sky and Uleguand filling up again. Of course the evil empire had to add in some of our all time favorites in the ToAU zones like crawlers, spiders, raptors, birds, bats, etc.

oh yeah, defoilators got a crap drop rate on silk
                          Dig A10; Main: Bonecraft 100+3/subs: 60/Fishing 59.7
                          Mules: Cooking 100+3/Alchemy 77.7

http://www.youtube.com/Ayrlie

Comment

It's interesting and very controversial, the current region situation.

Server: UNICORN

After the recent RMT counter-measures resulting in alot of sellers being permanently banned for violations came a new wave what me and my linkshell call the elbow taru's. At least 50 Taru's with names that look like they were typed with elbows eg. Ujkhd // Hjihea // Kjknasf etc etc.. Were created at the same time, these were usually in groups of six or small alliances exping from one person (you could tell this because they were all on follow and all d/cd at the same time if there was a connection problem)

Anyway, the elbow taru's grew in numbers over the last few months untill now, I really think there are more low level elbow taru's than genuine adventurer's. These soon changed from Taru's to other race's and I believe this is the new RMT wave, they train them to lv75 then sell them. So demand would be taru's cos people like the lil cute things lol.

getting back to the point. The RMT counter-measure and rise of the elbow taru's came at the same time as the release of ToAU so it is hard to tell whether we lose regions more to the fact that we just don't exp there anymore or that elbow taru's die because they are in-experienced eg. in Garlaige Citadel an alliance of these people camped infront of us and wiped 4+ times.

A thing that I have picked up on though, is Bastok on Unicorn is always last, the reason being for this is because all of the elite high levels move together (i think anyway) and at the moment are on windy and sandy.. I also get told the conquest items are far more useful on those cities (I am bastokan myself) Since I joined in December2005 I had seen Bastok in 2nd place 5 times.. and never in 1st.

The elbow taru's are all Bastok.. and Bastok has been first 5 times in the last 4 weeks.
                            Crank dat Soulja boy..

Comment

Originally posted by Andvari View Post
                              A thing that I have picked up on though, is Bastok on Unicorn is always last, the reason being for this is because all of the elite high levels move together (i think anyway) and at the moment are on windy and sandy.. I also get told the conquest items are far more useful on those cities (I am bastokan myself) Since I joined in December2005 I had seen Bastok in 2nd place 5 times.. and never in 1st.
                              That's actually a fair assessment. My HNMLS is 95% Windurstian Rank 10, with a fistful of San d'Orians, and maybe two Bastokans who cling to it out of sentimental value. Windurst offers some ofthe best R/EX CP items, the best CP ammunition (Patriarch Protector's Arrow).

The only items Bastok offers that are really exceptional are the Presidential Hairpin and the Republic Gold Medal.

The elbow taru's are all Bastok.. and Bastok has been first 5 times in the last 4 weeks.
                              Scary.

Icemage

Comment

Working...
                              X