Lost Soul = Me :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost Soul = Me :(

hey guys i cant take this NO MORE!...play or dont play PLAY or dont PLAY..i wasted my entire BLOODY summer asking that DANG question instead of actually playing..and now im here..last resort...asking my friends the only community i come to just..read and enjoy.. I have a lvl 26 BLM on the kujata server..i dont mind playing ffxi but man o man does it EVER take tons of time out of my life lol..so i sit here and i ask you seriosuly not just as a gamer but as a friend (lol) should i..SHOULD i play FFXI..or dump it and play EQII..i dont want to play WoW..i hate that dam name and i hate that dam game..i like fighting giant monsters..i LOVE story lines..i love TO GAME..i hate downtimes but only if in the end it is bloody rewarding..and it BEST be rewarding..i have given ffxi so many chances..and i sit here as i write this and think..is this game just not for me..i love Final Fantasy .. all of them..i love the graphics in this one i love the community i love everything..only problem is...does this game have any reasons for me 2 play and want to STAY..yes i know im a lost idiot..but i have no where else to turn...ignore me..or respond doesnt matter this has given me a chance to think lol hope this helps others who are in the same boat as I

Re: Lost Soul = Me

I think perhaps you need to sit back, take a deep breath and sort out what you like to do in this game. Do you enjoy taking on NMs, quests, exploring, doing fun stuff with the friends you've made in the game, leveling different jobs?

Yes, the game is time consuming and the rewards come when you accomplish the goals you set for yourself. I can't give you reasons to stay or leave, I can only state my own reasons for staying for over 2yrs even though I sometimes delete a character and start over. I stay because of the good friends I have made and the good times we have together. I also enjoy the warm, fuzzy feeling I get when a new player asks me for help and is appreciative. Then there's all the times I love to just go out and explore the various zones so I can see every nook and cranny that are hiding wonderful surprises (the glowing night time flowers in the jungles are my favorite). Okay, to sum it up, the only thing I don't stay for is the leveling grind, everything else is fun for me.

The choice is really up to if you stay or go. You just need to figure out if the things you enjoy about the game are worth the time and effort you put into it. Although I could make the choice for you if you really want someone to hold a hexagun to your head. (^.^)

Comment

If you're having fun while playing, stay.

If you're not having fun, why are you paying for a game you don't like?

For what it's worth, at level 26, you're still barely scratching the surface of the very complex game that is Final Fantasy XI. It's NOT like any of the console FF games, and it's not intended to be, so if you're playing FFXI simply because you thought it'd be an online version of the same style, then maybe you need to re-evaluate why you're playing in the first place.

For what it's worth, you'd have to shove red hot coals in my eye sockets before I'd play EverQuest II.

Icemage

Comment

Here's my stance on it, and it's similar to what you're going through right now.

I left the game a few months ago because I was bored with the leveling grind. After sitting back, I never really thought about coming back until now. I miss my old friends Tijan and Donjuan on Valefor, I miss helping out new players, I miss my linkshell, etc. I left because I couldn't afford to play because the enjoyment didn't outweigh the cost. Now I desperately want to come back but I'm forced to wait until I get my new debit card, and let me tell you, it is a painful wait.

My advice to you is to stay. I've played EQ2, MxO, WoW, etc, and I haven't experienced the same level of commerodary or friendship in any of them as I have in FFXI. The only two minus' I can point out in FFXI is not being able to select a server (which is understandable from a technical standpoint) and that damned inflation :-P

Comment

If you like the game, just play it. It's doesn't have to be such a huge drama in your life. It's a game. So, if you like playing the game and it doesn't have any sort of adverse effect on your life, then have at it! If it does, then don't.

Problem solved!

Comment

Remember you can always turn your content ID off for months with out losing your character data.

If its becoming a big drama in your life then take a vacation or limit your play a little, I think the game becomes less of a drag once you can start leveling advanced classes. And after 30 is when you start scratching the surface of what the game has to offer.

Yes from time to time we all think about quiting (or making a Tarutaru paladin) but in a game this big you can always find something to do. (err the Tarutaru paladin may just be my idea)

But if you can find some redeeming quality's in the game the try and at least make to the advanced classes and see how you feel. I remember becoming disinterested with the whole wait and hour get a pt that disbands in 30mins and repeat thats common around your level also.

But in my own opinion, FFXI's biggest success's are also it's biggest flaw's.

Comment

Sounds like the OP shouldn't be playing anything, and instead should be summer schooled.

Comment

Originally posted by Thrasher
                Yes from time to time we all think about quiting (or making a Tarutaru paladin) but in a game this big you can always find something to do. (err the Tarutaru paladin may just be my idea)
                I often have the same idea.

Impaction: As long as the class is something on either english or keyboarding. Because, wow.

Then again maybe his spacebar is broken.

Comment

I always create taru mules so if I'm feeling down I can just play them for 20mins to cheer me up :D I could go outside I suppose but theres no need, I would tan then >.>
                  75 Mnk Sam | 70 Drk | 40 Blm | 37 Nin Rng Thf War
                  Woodworking 91.9+2
                  ZM:Complete CoP:Complete ToAU:27

Comment

But you are already a taru!

Aren't you? (in game - I have no confirmation one way or the other of your out of game taru status)

Comment

Nah I went back to being mithra cause Im a sucker for cats.
                      Woodworking 91.9+2

Comment

wel u know what i want to say sorry for the way i acted and just say thank you..i looked at the final fantasy box and i said to myself..u know what...im playing...started my account up again and im back in the game and im not going to make this little minor thing into something so large when it doesnt have to be...i dont care i love final fantasy i love the game nothing is perfect not the game not us in these forums not even myself..as we can all clearly see after my display..when i know all is dark i can easily and with great confidence..for some strange reason know that u guys and gals will give me some advice..the words i want to hear lol and those i dont..ffxi has built an awesome community the best i have seen..and i would just like to congratulate u guys on building this and i will do my best to continue what has been built!..

Comment

Some advice, since you are keen on getting it from us.

Spacebar. Shift Key. Enter Key. Learn them, live them, love them. And we will love you too.

Comment

Originally posted by Aelathir
                            Some advice, since you are keen on getting it from us.

Spacebar. Shift Key. Enter Key. Learn them, live them, love them. And we will love you too.
                            whateverdoyoume lol.........yourlanguageskillsconfuseme

Comment

Originally posted by Telal
                              whateverdoyoume lol.........yourlanguageskillsconfuseme
                              What ever do you me lol ........ your language skills confuse me.

"What ever do you me" Okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.
                              Woodworking 91.9+2

Comment

Working...
                              X