Accomplishing a big goal....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accomplishing a big goal....

I am taking my first big breath of happiness because I have finally acquired all of my red mage artifact armor.

Now i'm sure some of you have several sets, but this was my first so I feel rather happy about accomplishing such a big goal. And now i'm so psyched that i'm goin to help a friend get his SAM Artifact armor.

I know it's not as big as Limit Breaks, but I feel it's a very good milestone.

So tell me, how did you feel after receiving your first and last piece of Artifact Armor?

Re: Accomplishing a big goal....

I haven't yet, still don't feel the need to get my AF5... Mabye when my invintory runs low.
    Originally posted by Ellipses
    Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
    Originally posted by MCLV
    A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
    More Sig:

Comment

I completed my first full Rdm AF set at level 57 long ago ^^ The cap was only 60 back then. I almost jump of my windows hehe.
      There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
      but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
      transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

My friend says that some SAM is useless but he wants to collect it for sentimental reason

Comment

Actually, the SAM AF hands are very good, especially with T. Rice Balls.
          Originally posted by Ellipses
          Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
          Originally posted by MCLV
          A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
          More Sig:

Comment

The first AF I completed was my DRG AF and while it was it was pure elation in retrospect, I also came to realized I had been used by someone, so it wasn't all fond memories.

There was this chick in our LS who said her family was making her quit the game to prioritze college. I understood their reasoning for making her do this, yet, I didn't want to see her walk away from the game without at least completing her DRG AF. At the time, I had no real personal need to complete the set, I was level 54, she was level 60.

We quested some of the AFs together and tried to get the helmet on our own with a small group out to do Carby Mitts NM. We borked a part of the quest's sequence, resulting in wasted time. The next evening, I rallied the LS to help us get the quest done and we rejoined the guys on their Carby Mitts quest as well.

When we got the AF done I was beaming, not just for myself, but her as well. I felt we had given her a proper send-off and she could look back at her time with a sense of accomplishment. DRG AF story still remains my favorite, too.

But two weeks later she was back, needy, addicted and eventually degenerated into a gilbuying, golddigging, selfloathing, endgame-obsessed freak. If it lets her flail a joyeuse about, she'll play the job and play it poorly. She's still around, likely failing college, I /slap her now.

Completion of my BRD AF was rather satisfying, unlike so many BRDs that just skip AFs entirely, I stuck it out for three weeks, not levelling at all, but finding others with that same goal in mind. I farmed for staves and quested hard for gil to pay for future gear as well. There was a big sense of accomplishment that followed this one. Great AF story too.

RDM i levelled for a static, that static rallied around me to get it done. It was great for a time, then the static blew up in our faces a week later thanks to some endgame drama. RDM AF story was utter crap.

Doing RNG AF storyline and its pretty much a repeat of my BRD AF experience. Slowing things down, looking for other people looking to get it done, gearing up for the future. I'm loving the story so far as well, and I'm finally happy to be doing a quest tied to Windurst and get some mithra lore to boot.

Comment

Back in the day when I did my first AF it was a real accomplishment. We didn't know exactly how to do them! LOL We had a hint here and there that we gleaned from some JP's but no walkthrough. So there were more than a few trial and errors and LOTS of frustration. But, all in all, it was such an accomplishment and being able to pass the information along to others just made you feel so good.
              Originally posted by Feba
              But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
              Originally posted by Taskmage
              God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
              Originally posted by DakAttack
              ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

My first set of AF was a nightmare marathon of favors traded and received. 40+ AF key/coffer/NM runs for other people to earn mine.

These days, it's a lot easier to do AF, since there are ever so many more level 75 players to call upon for help, but it was challenging (to say the least) when the majority of the North American playerbase was attempting to do AF all at the same time.

Nonetheless I definitely understand being happy about your first set of AF. Congratulations!

Icemage

Comment

The only thing i'm completely sad about now is that i'm 2 lvl's from wearing the last piece, the hat.

And that happens to be the coolest headgear in the game IMO.

Comment

Only until corsairs get their pirate hat! Arrrrrrr ^^

I had just completed my first full set of AF too.
                    Feels really great when all the LS mates that were there clapped as I put the full set on and did a /bow.

Comment

Equipping my RDM AF after leveling another job still makes me smile.

Double Post Edited:
                      Originally posted by Oogami
                      Only until corsairs get their pirate hat!
                      Are you comparing the hat of a fruity RDM wannabe to *the* AF hat in the game?
                      Last edited by Mhurron; 06-18-2006, 06:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                      I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

The first AF I got was the RDM sword thingy, but it wasn't really that good. When I got onto the gear quests I got more and more excited about it, and couldn't wait to get it completed (concidering it didn't really look right without the whole set).

The last piece I got was the Warlock's Tabard. Took FOREVER in Castle Oztroja. Took a long time to get up to the floor with the mobs that drop the coffer keys. The first few of us got to the top, but I had to go all the way back down and take up 3 others who didn't know the way. The coffer chest itself was just down the stairs from the coffer mobs. I swear I checked that thing every other battle to make sure no one else had taken it. After about 2-3 hours of killing we were about to give up and help someone else beat a NM you fish out of the water it dropped and I completed my AF ^^.

Main Job: 70RDM/BLM or WHM ~ Fairy (I hate you, Maat)
                        Currently Leveling: 49WHM/BLM
                        Windurst Rank 10 ~ As of 5/25/07! Woot!

My Fanfiction (please read, or at least skim!)

Susan>> Babies are just like people.
                        Susan>> Just smaller.
                        [GM]Dave>> But I don't like people.
                        [GM]Dave>> I hate people.
                        Susan>> Babies are like small people that can't talk.
                        [GM]Dave>> ...
                        [GM]Dave>> I'm listening.

Comment

My first piece-Good Altana, I have to repeat this crap several more times, as I got my Gallant boots.
                          My last piece-When I completed the ridiculously long Gallant Surcoat quest, I was swept by a powerful feeling of gratitude, because I wouldn't have to do this again until my next job.
                          MisterCookie: Alla refugee since May 2006

MisterCookie: Writing poor signatures since January 1999

http://www.songbirdnest.com - OSS Media Player

Comment

The first one I went after was the sword actually.

Oddly I went after another piece every time I got to it's level requirements. Except the hat, I wanted that now

Considering the two insanely powerful nm's you fight for it, I think you'd want it as quick as possible to right?

Comment

To be completely honest, AF quests blow a serious chunk of time out of gameplay. This holds especially true to me since my time in game is restricted by work and recreational activities. I've done 3 sets of AF now, and I'm on my fourth. Every time I've finished, I never really thought back on how hard it was until I started on a new set. Just thinking back on the amount of times I had to shout for key/skill up pts, opening the coffer for 7000 gil instead of your af, or forming an alliance by yourself for your af3 makes me cringe. It gets much easier after completing your first af set, since you'll have a high lvl character to complete any other set. Seriously, big thumbs up to you for completing this. It is certainly something to be proud of.

Comment

Working...
                              X