Stat Comparisons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stat Comparisons

I'm wondering if anyone knows a site address that you can compare base job/race stats for levels 1-75. I used to be able to view one like this, but the bookmark is lost.
    If there hapens to be a site featuring equipment combinations for each job by level that would also be helpful.
    Thankyou in advance to those contributing and please don't turn this into a stats don't matter thread I'm just looking for tactical information.

Re: Stat Comparisons

Google FTW.

Comment

Originally posted by Atma
      Can already tell you that one isn't accurate, checked it on my jobs races.

I know for a fact my Hume RNG/WAR has more HP then the 800's and that is without any +HP gear on, with +HP gear he is just shy of 1k when he reaches 75 he'll definatly be way beyond that.

Problem with these calculators they are not accurate at all.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Originally posted by Macht
        Can already tell you that one isn't accurate, checked it on my jobs races.

I know for a fact my Hume RNG/WAR has more HP then the 800's and that is without any +HP gear on, with +HP gear he is just shy of 1k when he reaches 75 he'll definatly be way beyond that.

Problem with these calculators they are not accurate at all.
        No merits I assume?

But yeah, definitely agree these things are inaccurate, but I think that the one there is still the most accurate of the inaccurates ^^

Comment

Taru BST75/WHM37.
          My CHR is 72, but this one says 73.
          But everything is really close enough to have an idea of what it's gonna be.
          It's cool calculator. I'm putting this one in my favorite :D

Comment

there is not point anyway race does nto matter with jobs :p why must everyone make a big deal about it, it has a slight effect, but not life threatening
            -------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kailea
              there is not point anyway race does nto matter with jobs :p why must everyone make a big deal about it, it has a slight effect, but not life threatening
              Well, in fairness it has a large bearing on HP and MP, and RSE doesn't last forever ^^ But I agree, overall I don't really even look at race when making parties past say, 20

Comment

The "no difference" group is so adamant that they will say there is no difference even when presented with a calculator describing the differences.

There are differences. It does affect playingstyle and effectiveness, to a degree. While true, it is never a job breaking difference (for experience points parties, anyway), it is a difference.

If stats made no difference, why do leaping boots cost so much?

Comment

Because people pay way too much for +3DEX/AGI. >_>
                  Generic Info!

Comment

* posted in the wrong thread >_<

but in reply, yeah they do cost way too much, but there is a difference. "Some difference" doesn't equal "No difference", or even "No meaningful difference". Race will never mean that you can't do your job (except for maybe a taru pld tanking an HNM or something extreme like that), but it will make a difference in how you play your job.

People pay big gil to get bonuses to stats that some races receive naturally. If there was no value in those bonuses, then they wouldn't try to get them.

Comment

Originally posted by Tirrock
                      Because people pay way too much for +3DEX/AGI. >_>
                      Precisely.
                      Race does matter, but in 99% of cases its hardly noticable. The most notable is HP/MP. Stats in small numbers do help, but unless you parse huge numbers of battles, you'll probably never notice it. The items that give small number stat boosts are expensive, because when combined with lots of other small numbers those stats add up and become much more noticable. Str differences in races can be seen to some extent, but it is easily overcome with proper gear builds.
                      Anyway, the stat calculator is there and it does show the differences in races. Do with it what you will.
                      I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Non HP/MP stats don't matter. MP stats don't matter much after around level 30 when you first get access to RSE, though even there there are issues (Galka Red Mages don't get much mileage from Convert no matter what gear they wear, for instance)

HP is the only stat that makes any significant difference, and even there it isn't completely insurmountable (and even there, it really only affects tank jobs). Not to put too bald a face on it, but a Taru NIN is never going to tank as well as a Galka NIN with similar gear and playing skill. He can still tank well, but the loss of several hundred HP hurts Tarutaru who play tanking jobs and no amount of sugarcoating will make it otherwise.

Icemage

Comment

Thankyou for the stat calculator I'll hold onto that. It's always handy to be able to compare notes on what each job/race combo has to offer, not to mention differences in one subjob vs another. As long as it is reasonably accurate base comparisons can be quite handy.

/salute Atma for posting useful information without attempting to make this a race doesn't matter thread. (I was a little afraid that was all I'ld get as an answer on this thread.)
                          Thankyou and take care.

Edit: If anyone else has information links that are useful for advising on gear combinations including possible equipment choices by level/job/exc or might otherwise be useful to players trying different jobs please feel free to post it. This way if their decisions are right or wrong the individual has the oportunity to make an informed decision.
                          Happy adventuring everyone.
                          Last edited by Theyaden; 06-19-2006, 12:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X