Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• controler or mouse

Which would be best to play with?

Read if you don't value your braincells.

Re: controler or mouse

Yes.

I use a controller and/or the keyboard. Have never used the mouse. But it's kind of a personal preference, y'know?
    Ellipses on Fenrir
    There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
    . . .

Comment

As Ellipses said, use what feels the best.

I use keyboard and mouse but that's because it's more natural than a controller is for me.

| 75 DRG | 75 MNK | 75 BRD | 37 WAR | 37 NIN | 38 WHM | 37 THF | 60 RNG |
      | 65 SAM | 61 BST | 37 BLM | 46 RDM | 14 BLU | 10 PUP | 10 COR |

Comment

I use strickly keyboard. No controler and no mouse, it's all personal prefference.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

There's also that logitech keyboard/controller combo... I'm sure if you do a forum search for "logitech" you'll find a post from TheGrandMom linking where you could buy it. But it's certainly not necessary. Some people like controllers, some like keyboards.

You can't really tell the difference between who uses a keyboard and who uses a controller. So:
          Originally posted by Ellipses
          But it's kind of a personal preference, y'know?
          Originally posted by Taolynn
          As Ellipses said, use what feels the best.
          Here's another vote for using whatever one you like the best.
          Generic Info!

Comment

I vote for using what I say you should use! No crying!

Seriously though, just use what is most comfortable. I use keyboard onry.

Comment

Aside from the suggestion for you to use what feels best, I use a 360 controller on my PC.. used PS2 converted before, i cannot function without... but this is because controller just feels best for ME! I've never used mouse for ffxi

Comment

I honestly feel that the mouse just complicates things with this game. It's not necessary at all. That can be either good or bad depending on what you're used to, I guess.

Comment

Mouse feels very unintuitive to me in FFXI. I use a PS2 controller with converter, plus keyboard for typing. I much prefer using the analog sticks to control movement and camera, and the slight loss in macro speed is worth it to me for better awareness of the environment and for judging distances.

Icemage

Comment

Keyboard for me on Bst. (Gotta get over to charm/tame/etc macros FAST) Most other jobs I can use a controller fairly easily.

San d'Oria 8-2 :: ZM14 :: PM Storms of Fate :: ToAU 15
                    Want an Optical Hat? 1M (Your cluster) / 2.5M (Cluster suplied). /tell Cesario, Firedevil, or Duong. (Siren)

Comment

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...Fencoding=UTF8

That is the Logitech Netplay. It is a very comfortable keyboard/controller combo. It is not huge, in fact, the entire unit is slightly smaller than a standard keyboard. You no longer need to set down the controller and pick up the keyboard to type with this. I also use some of the keyboard contols along with the controller so its the best of both worlds. Unfortunately, amazon.com is out of stock of them. I'm sure you can find them in a local gamestore, Best Buy (where I originally got mine), or on Ebay.

I prefer the controller. Even my son who is a huge PC FPS freak prefers the controller after trying both. My entire family uses the Netplay and loves it.
                      Originally posted by Feba
                      But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                      Originally posted by Taskmage
                      God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                      Originally posted by DakAttack
                      ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

I am a part of the keyboard only crowd. I find that the pointer jumps around a lot when I use the mouse, which I find annoying. Plus all the menus are easily accesable through keyboard shortcuts.

Comment

I use a controller, since im so use to it because I rarely play PC games.
                          irontempest.clicdev.com

Comment

I guess what i meant to ask was what are the advantages and disadvantages of using keyboard/controler/mouse.

Read if you don't value your braincells.

Comment

Well, as we've all indicated, it depends a lot on you. If you are really used to console gaming, you might find the controller to be a more comfortable setup. You can move the camera around pretty easily, and access your macros via the shoulder buttons. A lot of people who use the controller feel that it allows them to do things faster. I have no way of knowing if that's true, because I feel that I am faster on the keyboard.

I mean, you're going to need a keyboard to play anyway. You'll have one already if you're on the PC, and if not, you have to buy one, or you can use that Logitech controller that TGM is so fond of.^^

Comment

Working...
                              X