This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Player Guide to Easy Gil

Well I've noticed that one of the hardest aspects of the game is making money (gil isn't easy to come by), in fact most of the game is spent, not only by lvling your character, but also earning gil to buy weapons/armor/weapons/etc...

I've also decided that instead of having ppl post threads about "How do I earn gil?" and then it dissappearing off the first page of the forum, I've decided to create a thread completely dedicated to helping newbs (like myself ) get tips and hints from veteran players on how to be a gillionare!

So veterans, It's up to you to help us newbs and enlighten us (especially me ) on how to get rich!

I'll even start with some suggestions (if these are wrong, please correct me)

* Always casting signet on you before leaving town
    * Use the THF job to increase chances of rare drops and gil

Feel free to add more suggestions!

Re: FFXIonline's guide to being a Gillionare!

Not to put a damper on anything..... but use the search function

This has been discussed a gagillion times and I think the people who do know how to make gil get tired of repeatedly typing the same thing over and over again. hehe
    ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Since all money in the game is gil, wouldn't simply having any make you a gillionaire?
      I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Beastman and Kindred seals. Never throw them away. BCNMs can make you a lot of gil in a short amount of time, but it's always a crapshoot how things are going to go. But even if you lose, it's not as if you can't get more and go again and again...and again...and again...

ENMs. Free to enter, exp or merit boost, and possibility for a tidy profit drop.

Another tip is to farm crafting supplies. Not necessarily to craft yourself, but for other crafters to use as they skill. Things like beehive chips and pot shards and slime oil...etc etc. Check out crafts between 10 and 50 and you will find a lot of farmed supplies that they'll need to skill. And you can even skill up yourself making basic supplies into something that sells for better.

Something as easy as farming sheep can get you skill in clothcraft and something as easy as smashing bees can get you skill in alchemy. Then sell (or use) the product of that for a nice little profit.

Another thing is to choose an area and just slaughter everything you see. It's a nice way to relieve stress and you can either save drops to sell on AH or zone to the nearest NPC and sell it all. No matter what it is you sell it's all for profit. Even if it's a small one. Just swing your sword and make some cash.

Then there are NMs. Yeah.
        75 RNG-BRD-BLM (working on the rest)

Comment

As in life, so in FFXI. Buy low, sell high.

If you see something rising in price and think it will continue to do so, get some and sell it. If you see something falling in price, sell it fast before it falls too far.

Do the first more often than you do the second and you'll have a comfortable income.

There's a lot of other ways to make money:

ENM battles
          BCNM battles
          HNM hunting
          Crafting
          HELM (Harvesting, Excavating, Logging, Mining)
          Selling limited commodities like Dynamis currency, Ancient Beastcoins (from Limbus), Imperial currency (ToAU)...

Just find an activity you enjoy, learn what makes the most money from that activity, and focus on it.

Icemage

Comment

Well, the thing is that most people don't really want to share their secrets for gaining gil. Sure they'll tell you basic stuff like BCNM, etc. But they are likely not to share their real money~making secrets.
            "Oh, you ca'n't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're Mad."
            "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
            "You must be", said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

Welcome to Alice in FFXI =P

Comment

Steal from BRP. :3

Comment

Originally posted by Mog
                Not to put a damper on anything..... but use the search function

This has been discussed a gagillion times and I think the people who do know how to make gil get tired of repeatedly typing the same thing over and over again. hehe
                Mog's right. But seeing as how people already started replying let's see how well this thread goes...

my contribution:
                FARM
                get your THF up to 15 (at least) for treasure hunter and go farm things with valueable drops. Bees for chips and honey, lizards for skins, sheep & rams for hides and crawlers for silk (there are more, just take a look at your local AH)

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

I think the biggest thing to remember is that, like life, you get out what you put into it. Either you invest money into playing the AH or leveling a craft, or your put time into camping NM's, farming valuable drops, or HELM. BCNM's are big money makers, and actually doing the BCNM doesnt take long (if you have people ready for it), but it trades off since you can't do one everysingle day you play the game, and you risk death everytime you step into one. I think I've heard of good people dieing in pretty any BCNM you can think of. Sometimes crap just happens.

Anyway, does anyone remember the "Ultimate Gil Making Guide" thread from a couple years ago by AJ5000? Lets all pray this thread doesn't turn into that mess.
                  I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

This is a "How do you make gil easy?" thread in disguise....search is your friend.
                    Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
                    Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
                    Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
                    Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
                    Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

Originally posted by Caspian
                      I think the biggest thing to remember is that, like life, you get out what you put into it. Either you invest money into playing the AH or leveling a craft, or your put time into camping NM's, farming valuable drops, or HELM. BCNM's are big money makers, and actually doing the BCNM doesnt take long (if you have people ready for it), but it trades off since you can't do one everysingle day you play the game, and you risk death everytime you step into one. I think I've heard of good people dieing in pretty any BCNM you can think of. Sometimes crap just happens.

Anyway, does anyone remember the "Ultimate Gil Making Guide" thread from a couple years ago by AJ5000? Lets all pray this thread doesn't turn into that mess.

"Ultimate Gil Making Guide?", what happened to that?

Comment

Originally posted by Susurrus
                        This is a "How do you make gil easy?" thread in disguise....search is your friend.
                        QFT.

And one word.

Mining.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryouken
                          "Ultimate Gil Making Guide?", what happened to that?
                          Turned into a flame fest.
                          I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

I thought this thread was about forum gil when I saw the topic
                            There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                            but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                            transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

New Player Guide to Easy Gil

I play on Asura and there are frequently new players that just start the game and begin begging for gil. This is probably going to be the shortest guide written for FFXI, but if I reach even one new player...

Step 1: Do not beg, you do not need gil when you first start and gil is easily obtained.

Step 2: Look around town and familiarize yourself with the Auction House (the place where 100 people seem to be standing next to little windows).

Step 3: Go to any gate in your town (marked in red on your map).

Step 4: Talk to the NPC (name green) who is near the gate and has a credential (ex. ,I.M.) after his name.

Step 5: Request Signet to be cast on you.

Step 6: Equip you weapon or read your scroll and exit town.

Step 7: Kill monsters (resting as necessary) and collect crystals (resting as necessary).

Step 8: Sell crystals at the Auction House (further AH).

-Sometimes you can sell a single crystal for as much as 1000gil if it is the only one, but generally a stack of crystals get a bet per crystal price.

Now you're going to tell me that this is way to slow...well you just increased your wealth many times in just a few short minutes, so have a little patience.

Step 9: Typically select one or more of the following products to synth based on AH prices and the guilds available in your city. You may wonder why such easy synths make 1k or more every 20 or seconds, but just consider the amount of gil a character can make per synth with more skill than you using your "cheap" labor. You will need to purchase supplies at a guild or at the auction house.

Arrowood Lumber: Use Windcrystal add Arrowood Log hit OK. If windcrystals are cheap you can make 3000gil or more every 12 synths and arrowood lumber moves fast!

Copper Ingots: Use Fire Crystal add Copper Ore four times hit OK. A staple starting synth for goldsmithing copper is used recipes of different levels and sells quickly.

Bronze Ingot: Use Fire Crystal add Tin Ore and Copper Ore times 3 hit OK. There just never is enough bronze. If you're lucky you can pick up a stack at the smithing guild for ultra-cheap and sell it at the AH (feel dirty for doing it afterward).

These three synths are great for Bastok and San'doria and don't require alot "starter capital," but if you're stuck in Windurst or have more money to burn you can...

Grass Tread: Use Lightning crystal add Moko Grass times 2 hit OK. This ussually sells for a small profit at the AH.

Grass Cloth: Use Earth crystal add Grass Thread time 3 hit OK. Ditto.
                              Sheep Leather: Use Dark Crystal add Distilled Water (from merchant), Sheep Skin (auction house or guild in San'doria), and Windurstian Tea Leaves OR willow log (Auction House, Guild Shop for log in San'doria, or merchant for Tea Leaves in Windurst). These ussually have an excellent profit margin but sell sporadically in Windurst. Expensive to make per stack.

Also, remeber some things from the guild shops may be sold for high profits at the Auction House (you may feel some guilt for selling a 4k stack of bronze ingots to another crafter for 20-40k though), or cheap ingredients (like sheep skins for 400gil in the Leatherworkers Guild in San'doria). Have fun and gain levels!
                              Last edited by neighbortaru; 06-03-2006, 10:25 AM. Reason: merged threads

Comment

Working...
                              X