This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zoning Problems in Aht Urghan/Al Zahbi

I was just wondering if anybody had similar problems.

Since earlier today, when zoning into Aht Urghan and Al Zahbi, often the Map Loading screen would remain for a time, and then I would disconnect.

My internet seems fine and this seems to happen only in Al Zahbi and Whitegate.

Yesterday evening, I got an error that disconnected me while playing, and I couldn't log on for a time after that.

Any ideas what could be wrong? I haven't played with anything for a long time now, so personally I'm not sure.

Also, I looked through the forum index and couldn't find a tech help page.

Thanks. :D

Edit:

Also, I got got on fine, but my auto-translator is translating everything to the same japanese phrase, in my own and other peoples text.

And it's clientside, because my shell can't see it.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Matera; 05-31-2006, 01:43 PM.

Re: Zoning Problems in Aht Urghan/Al Zahbi

It's just increasingly high population. There's a hard limit of 750 players in Al Zhabi, and probably similar for Whitegate, so if the zone is at capacity it can really slow down zoning to a crawl due to too much pressure on the server.

Case in point: A LS member and I were participating in Besieged last night and after we fought off the last attack, it looked like he was standing next to me so I waved. Then I realized he was back in a completely other zone (via my Party list), but his character model, complete with gear, was still visible on my screen, and stayed so until he zoned back into Al Zhabi to join me and see if I could get a screenshot with his "twin". Unfortunately I guess the game unscrambled itself and the phantom copy of him disappeared once he entered visual range of me...

Icemage

Comment

I'd like to play it off to lag, but I've also been getting Windows errors playing since yesterday.

Any other thoughts?

Comment

Quick checklist off the top of my head, in order of most likely to least likely to produce your symptoms:

- Have you installed any new software in the last day or so?

- Have you defragmented your hard drive recently, or have you downloaded any extremely large files within the last day or so (i.e. BitTorrent).?

- Check for spyware/viruses

- Check your CPU temperature in your system BIOS

- Try reseating your memory sticks

- Have you had a lightning strike or storm within the last day? Might be electrical power quality damage (hopefully not)

- Even without a storm, some areas have very bad power quality - do you use an uninterruptible power supply?

Icemage

Comment

- No new software.

- I DID defrag a few days ago... Would that be the problem or the solution?

- Okay.

- CPU temp should be fine.

- Reseated RAM a couple weeks ago.

- No storms.

- I'm not sure, but it does have a surge protector.

Thanks!

Comment

I'm having problems logging in now. I play on Xbox mostly. I haven't had ANY DC problems since I swtiched over from PS2. Now, when I try to log on, I get into my mog house, and my R is 43, then BAM! straight to R0 and I disconnect. I don't know what's wrong. But I'm thinking of putting my HP back to Jeuno. :/
            Rodin - Ragnarok Server (Out of Retirement)
            90BRD 90SMN 90WHM 75BLM 75RDM 61BST 50RNG 37NIN 37THF

Goal: All jobs max level and capped merits.

Comment

Ditto, this is quite annoying.

I'd definately reset my HP if it weren't for Besieged.

Comment

Please list the errors. Windows errors doesnt mean anything in terms of troubleshooting.

What did the error say? Is there an error in the event log?

If your troubles only come from those 2 zones it probably is due connection issues or your cpu/gpu not being able to handle the number of people in the zone. Maybe your settings are too high and it causes your system to crash because if it.

not being able to logon right after is most likely your character still timing out of the game. even though you have lost connection and have been kicked out of the game, the server still thinks your character is still there and theres a time limit of loss of connection before the server acknowledges your character is not logged on anymore. trying to login before that will result in an error.
                Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
                ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

The error I got last night was a POL-0001 or something, and it was on the screen after the Game selection page in POL.

My CPU can handle the amount of people, I've been in 700+ people sieges.

And yeah, the not being able to log on is still my char timing out, but afterwards I still get the loading screen.

It just got a lot worse, happening more frequently and right now I've been timed out by it 5 times in a row.

Comment

The auto translate issue is related to logging out to POL and back into FFXI (either because you meant to, or because FFXI crashed) and is unrelated to anything else. I've heard people say that you only get the auto translate bug if use windower, but that's bogus; I can personally attest to it happening outside of windower, too. Anyhow, its likely unrelated to your crashing issue.

I can't read japanese but I've been told the phrase you are seeing says roughly, "Cannot load dictionary file" or something similar.

Comment

{That's Interesting.}{Cannot load dictionary file.}

Anyways... Another question.

Should I keep my HP in Aht Urghan or move it to Jeuno?

Comment

I've only had a problem once, and that was being home pointed in Al Zahbi during a JP prime time, friday night Besegied. That issue has been fixed for me, so i still homepointed there.

Comment

Usually takes a long time to zone after besieged, so it's probably just the huge server congestion. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Comment

it could be windower. I've noticed sometimes when I zone and the window focus is on another window, it tends ot 'freeze' FFXI for while.

Comment

Yeah, but right now it's Wednesday... Not exactly the busiest time of the week.

No sieges going on either.
                              Last edited by Matera; 05-31-2006, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X