This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question about Poison and Disease

This weekend while playing, I was poisened with Bio. After killing the monster I started waiting for the effects to wear off like Dia or Disease so I could start healing.

-140 hp later I was dead.

Do you have to use an antidote or is there other ways of surviving it?

Re: A question about Poison and Disease

Antidotes are ineffective against bio; In terms of spells, only the level 32 white magic 'Erase' can remove it.

I can't state this with certainty, but I don't believe it can be truly removed with an item; Your best bet would be to carry a regen drink, such as a pear or apple au lait or two to counteract the hp erosion.

They can be found under the Food > Drinks classification of the Auction House.

Comment

i believe that Bio, like Dia is only removable with the white mage spell erase.
      Kylestie was defeated by Curiosity.

Comment

Poison and Bio are two completely different status ailments. Poison just lowers you HP over time for a little while, and bio does the same but lowers your attack too. Both wear off over time, but bio can last quite a while depending on your level and how strong the spell was.

Sorry bout what happened to you, but I don't know of anything else that'll get rid of it other than waiting Maybe erase, but I have a feeling you were soloing if you didn't get cured.

Main Job: 70RDM/BLM or WHM ~ Fairy (I hate you, Maat)
        Currently Leveling: 49WHM/BLM
        Windurst Rank 10 ~ As of 5/25/07! Woot!

My Fanfiction (please read, or at least skim!)

Susan>> Babies are just like people.
        Susan>> Just smaller.
        [GM]Dave>> But I don't like people.
        [GM]Dave>> I hate people.
        Susan>> Babies are like small people that can't talk.
        [GM]Dave>> ...
        [GM]Dave>> I'm listening.

Comment

I like to carry Selbina Milk on lower level jobs as a cheaper, stackable alternative to Au Laits. When I was levelling my mule off of crawlers, waaaaay at the back of Saruta, I got venom'ed good, and made it all the way back to town on two milks.

Comment

Originally posted by Lilani
            Poison and Bio are two completely different status ailments. Poison just lowers you HP over time for a little while, and bio does the same but lowers your attack too. Both wear off over time, but bio can last quite a while depending on your level and how strong the spell was.

Sorry bout what happened to you, but I don't know of anything else that'll get rid of it other than waiting Maybe erase, but I have a feeling you were soloing if you didn't get cured.
            How'd you guess. I had just came back from my first time in the dunes.

I had found a party of players (all Japanese). After the first monster I leveled to 16.
            People were starting to complain that I was to high of a level (Everybody else was 14/15). I asked if they wanted me to leave. The leader sayed yay, sorry. I said No problem adn left.

I hope it was because of the level and not because i was playing bad.

Comment

If you were only there for one fight, it's not because you were playing bad. Especially as a Monk with no subjob. There's basically nothing for you to do wrong, except maybe Boost too much and pull hate when they don't want you to.
              Ellipses on Fenrir
              There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
              . . .

Comment

Dia/Bio 1 always lasts for one minute, Dia/Bio 2 always lasts for two minutes. Poison spells have the same durations, but they can be lessened if the spells are resisted. Poison abilities are different; they've all got varying levels of effectiveness and duration.

Comment

Your question has been answered, but I'd like to give you this small list for future reference. A small sampling of what spell removes what status effect. Your WHM won't have access to the erase spell until level 32 (or level 64 if you have someone subbing WHM). I still see some WHM's in their 50's and 60's who don't know what some of their spells do.

Poison - removed by Poisana or an Antidote
                  Dia - removed by Erase
                  Bio - removed by Erase
                  Paralyze - removed by Paralyna
                  Silence - removed by Silena or Echo drops

And at higher levels:

Curse - removed by Cursna (I've seen WHM's use Erase on this)
                  Disease - removed by Viruna (again, I've seen WHM's use Erase for this)
                  Slow - removed by Erase (at Crawlers Nest levels I believe Haste can cancel slow, but at higher levels it must be removed before haste can be applied)
                  DRG 75 / SMN 75

Cooking: 93.7

Comment

Spider's slow will overwrite Haste. Haste will overwrite and prevent Crawler's Slow.

Unsure about any other slows.

Comment

Originally posted by Mesha
                      Your question has been answered, but I'd like to give you this small list for future reference. A small sampling of what spell removes what status effect. Your WHM won't have access to the erase spell until level 32 (or level 64 if you have someone subbing WHM). I still see some WHM's in their 50's and 60's who don't know what some of their spells do.

Poison - removed by Poisana or an Antidote
                      Dia - removed by Erase
                      Bio - removed by Erase
                      Paralyze - removed by Paralyna
                      Silence - removed by Silena or Echo drops

And at higher levels:

Curse - removed by Cursna (I've seen WHM's use Erase on this)
                      Disease - removed by Viruna (again, I've seen WHM's use Erase for this)
                      Slow - removed by Erase (at Crawlers Nest levels I believe Haste can cancel slow, but at higher levels it must be removed before haste can be applied)
                      Since you added some items in there:
                      Holy water will remove Curse and maybe Doom (sometimes it takes a bunch and even then you can't always get rid of it in time)
                      Remedy removes Paralyze, Silence, Blind, Poison and Disease.

Viruna will remove Disease and Plague
                      I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Stona for pertrify. Erase can remove many detrimental effects (one by one though).

Edited to correct information. I forgot about weakened, and never encountered debuffs such as Terror. Just going by spell description

I am positive that Erase can remove effects such as Stats Down (-STR etc) though.
                        Last edited by Oogami; 05-16-2006, 01:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Oogami
                          Stona for pertrify. Erase can remove any detrimental effect (one by one though).
                          Erase does NOT remove just any effect. It will not remove any effect that is covered by another spell, with just a tiny exception for Haste's overlap with respect to Slow effects.

Erase cannot remove: Paralyze, Disease, Poison, Petrification, Sleep, Curse, Bane, Plague, Blindness, Silence, Doom

No spell (not even Erase) can remove: Terror, Weakness, Quiescence, Amnesia

Icemage

Comment

Ooooo Yeah I forgot about Stona! LOL I want to cry when I'm /whm and the WHM in the party tries to use Erase to remove Petrified

Thanks Mhurron I totally forgot about Remedies and Holy Water
                            DRG 75 / SMN 75

Cooking: 93.7

Comment

Working...
                            X