This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Best" day of PTing so far...

Wow... what an amazing day for a PT I had today... let me relive my experience...

/begin rant.

I get a /tell from a PLD asking if I want to PT. Sure... he's lvl 46 and I'm lvl 44THF. Not too bad. He then proceeds to invite 2 more 44's, a whm and drg. Fine. Then he invites a lvl 47 BLU. Ok... now I'm beginning to doubt the PLD.
    I tell the PLD I don't have my empress band ready, and a couple minutes later, after already experience low XP, he proceeds to use his.

So we get down to figuring out the SC... BLU's Screwdriver with my Viper Bite.

At this point, I'm getting because people apparently forget how SATA works, so I had a really hard time trying to get it done due to bad positioning on the parts of the PLD and DRG... He said I can sata on the BLU. I asked, "Are you sure? I'd rather the DRG provoke first so I can SATA on to you."

The PLD says, "Yes I'm sure. Hate won't be taken away from me."

Ok fine, so I did, and the BLU almost died, and of course the BLU got pissy and got on the PLD for saying that. Then DRG couldn't get the hang of voking first and just didn't get the positioning right, even after constant training.

After a while, the 47 BLU offers to leave due to bad exp. I said, "Ok DRG, now that the BLU left, it's up to you and I to SC."

DRG says, "Ok, but I don't have screwdriver."

Oh dear me... /sigh

PLD leader then gets another RDM, 46, who's close to getting 47.

DING, RDM lvls, and he says, "I'm sleepy" and disbands.

Then the PLD sends me a /tell telling me he knows how hard SATA is because he's a THF himself. If he is, then he would have agree in the beginning to let DRG voke first. Oh well. He then tells me, "Why don't you do the quest for your Marauder's Knife again so you can have 2?"

Is he serious? I didn't know there was an update that allows you to carry 2 rare/ex items. (Please note the sarcasm)

So we start fighting with 5 people... Soldier Crawlers... still low XP but were staying alive. Then the PLD says, "I have to go soon". This was a couple of minutes after he said he had 400 TNL. How "convenient" if you ask me.

He then also proceeds to disband when he lvls. During this time I am now leader and start searching for a rdm and a tank. WHM asks if she can go down to look for the Crawler's Next Coffer while we wait. We agreed to let her go, so she did.

I find a RDM, and she comes over to the secret room. Next thing you know, I see fighting text in my log. Apparently the RDM pulled it and started fighting. I dropped my search box and went to attack it. She didn't bother telling anyone, just went on and did it. WHM was no where near and we didn't even have a tank yet. I asked politely, "Why did you do that? WHM wasn't near us and we have no tank."

"Oh, I like to pull and fight while I wait. "

"Well, if you want to do that, can you atleast do it out of PT then?"

RDM starts casting Warp.
    RDM vanishes.

/sigh

Of course, she also disbanded... all without a word. WOW... just amazing.

Needless to say the PT didn't last too long after.

Atleast one good thing came out of all that... WHM and I became friends. We were talking smack about those people through out the PT... heh, so that kept me sane for a while.

So after that, I go seeking again. I'm still lvl 44 at this point.

A RNG invites me to a PT.... then a RDM, then a DRK, then a... I forgot... BLU I think. We didn't have a main heal and no tank. I bring it up to the PT leader, and he simply said, "It's ok... RDM can main heal."

I suggested that he get another healer to help the rdm atleast, and he said no.
    What puzzles me is that even the RDM said in the PT chat, "plz get another healer."

Of course, Mr. Rank 10 RNG said no and wanted to get a WAR. Hmm, this PT isn't sounding very good at all. Then the DRK says, "Eohmer is sounding very noobish."

"Fine, call me a noob. All I know is I don't want to die." I don't want to disband because then I would like a jerk, so I wait until they kick me, which they did. I didn't care.

It's amazing how people can be nowadays. /sigh I think I'm done for the day. I just wanted to rant and see what you guys think.

/end rant

Double Post Edited:
    wow that's a long post >.< lol
    Last edited by Eohmer; 05-11-2006, 02:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Re: &quot;Best&quot; day of PTing so far...

Several truths:

Truth 1: Rank 10 nubs exist.
    Truth 2: Every man for himself.
    Truth 3: Very rarely can PLDs hold hate to a SATA+WS on the "other" tank.
    Truth 4: Time to make your own parties.

Comment

wow, that sucks, :/ bad days happen. Just a shame you had to find 2 stupid party leaders in one go.

>.> <.< normally i ask for leader for a moment whilst seeking replacements, and hijack the party. it goes well after that.

Comment

Yeah... I've had some bad PTs myself.

Keep at it though, and try to take a proactive pleace in a party.

Comment

Scratch it up to experience and start forming your own parties. :/

Hang in there Eohmer... you haven't got too much further before you leave most of those idiots behind.

Icemage

Comment

The funny thing is... I ALWAYS start my own PT's. When I was invited, I was literally the ONLY person seeking at the moment.

Comment

...ouch...
              Originally posted by Ellipses
              Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
              Originally posted by MCLV
              A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
              More Sig:

Comment

Oh yeah... I also forgot to mention that I only got 2k exp in 4 hours from this! >.< So I'm STILL lvl 44... /cry

Comment

Nothing against my DRG friends out there, but I cannot understand why so few DRGs understand the concept of SATA. It's one of the main reasons they are invited to parties in the first place! It would behoove them to get the setup down as soon as SATA becomes available for Thieves! Geez.

It's stories like this that are causing me to drag my feet when it comes to leveling past the 20's. I know I'm going to have to do it eventually, but I remember how truly mind-numbing a bad party can be. I guess I'll be starting my own most of the way.

Comment

That is why you see japanese put this in their pt comment
                    JP ONLY

Comment

Actually I see very little of the "JP ONLY" comment these days. There are a lot of seasoned English speaking players now, many of whom have playing skills and gear that rival the best Japanese players.

It's not really the general non-Japanese population that's currently at issue; it's the influx of new players from the XBox360 release. Many of these players are new and haven't learned the lessons and skills that older players have, and in time, the ones who have no ability to learn and adapt will move on and quit, the same way that our contemporaries did when each of us started playing.

Eventually, the ones that stay and learn the ropes will eventually become good players overall, just as the JP, NA and EU waves did before them.

Icemage

Comment

my PT last night was 4NA with 1JP Thf. We were getting 7k/hour inboyada tree @63.
                        After 2 hours or so our only JP, the Thf, disconnected and never came back.... so we keep killing with 5 people. Me Blm, Whm Nin Mnk Brd.
                        To my surprised we were still getting up to chains 4 for 230+ exp a kill. (was up to 5 chains with thf)
                        There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                        but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                        transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

ok back at level 49 i got in a pt with war, drg,sam, rdm, whm while leveling thief. drg and sam were not willing to do first voke, they wouldn't get in position to allow me to SA+TA them, and to make matters worse, the war/nin refused to let me SA+TA him. that first war/nin leaves after 4 fights, and we get another war/nin which was even worse than the first one. my SA+TA were constantly missing, and when they did hit, they only did 100-150 on helm beetle in quicksands. the last straw came when we had a beetle at 1%, mages out of mp, war/nin dies, my SA+TA misses, tachi-enpi misses, rdm converts and pulls hate the moment he did it and dies as well. samauri finally used 2hr to put mob out of misery.

i disbanded after that fight. I got less than 3k xp in 2 hours. I have not seen any of them in XP PT after that. the WAR/NIN we had was rank 7, the SAM/WAR was rank 10, btw.

and last night was in a pt in boyahda where the PLD did not hold hate one bit, not even SA+TA+VB for 500+ was putting hate on the tank. we also had a very bad drg (different one than the quicksands one) as well, but he left shortly after I got there. we had no refresher, but that was no excuse for pld to try to heal himself. he also would not rest between fights.
                          Dig A10; Main: Bonecraft 100+3/subs: 60/Fishing 59.7
                          Mules: Cooking 100+3/Alchemy 77.7

http://www.youtube.com/Ayrlie

Comment

I so, so feel your pain.

This is what I've been doing: whenever I hit a new levelling area (somewhere I literally haven't worked in before), I seek party rather than lead. I want to get used to the location and its quirks first. I might even seek the next couple of times in that location.

After that I form my own parties. For other than main jobs, the easy thing is that I've already done the rounds once so getting a party together and organised is usually rewarding.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuut. I seem to have hit a wall with BLM at the moment. Getting from 53 to 54 was like pulling teeth. A string of horrible parties in locations I was not yet too comfortable in...

I would love to know from the more experienced players here - at level 54, which area would you suggest is THE best for levelling?

Sorry for the little hijack-ette...
                            --
                            Hi! If you visit my website, I promise not to blow schhhmoke in your eyes...

Comment

DRG says, "Ok, but I don't have screwdriver."
                              While I feel your pain about crappy parties (as I have had a few myself), the above quote just made my day. ^^
                              Hopefully your next experience will get better, seems that for every crappy party, I manage to get a few exellent ones later to diminish the memory of the bad one.

Comment

Working...
                              X