X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Sanction" - Someone notice this?

[The Astral Candescence]

The Astral Candescence is the name of the treasure over which the beastmen and the Aht Urhgan Empire are fighting. The mysterious object emanates an unperceivable melody from its place atop an “astral plinth.” This melody has the power to affect both the players and the beastmen.
    Ok... so.. yea.

When the Astral Candescence is in the Empire of Aht Urhgan:

- The Astral Candescence is located on the astral plinth in the Hall of Binding.
    - Players will receive an experience bonus while under the effect of Sanction.
    The following bonuses can be earned in exchange for Imperial Standing credits:
    Latent effect: Regen, Latent effect: Refresh, increased meal duration

These bonuses become more powerful with the number of times Al Zahbi is successfully defended. However, they will revert to their original strength if the Astral Candescence is taken by the beastmen. You can confirm the current number of successive victories by speaking to an Imperial guard in town.
    Are the bonuses only for besieged events? or are these going to be in effect during regular gameplay? Huh? Huh? Hmmm? Wouldnt make much sense if it was just for besieged, else i doubt many people would bother with that event, these effects remain on you... even a regular 1mp/3sec is really good!

Imperial Standing points seem to be sort of like conquest points:

When the Astral Candescence is in a beastman stronghold:

The Astral Candescence is located on an astral plinth.
    The beastmen will become more powerful by an amount determined by the number of “archaic mirrors” in the stronghold.
    When fighting in a beastman stronghold where the Astral Candescence is located, you will receive an increased number of Imperial Standing credits.
    To clarify:

Sanction

You can speak to an Imperial guard to receive Sanction after becoming a mercenary. Defeating monsters with Sanction cast on you will allow you to receive crystals and may increase your Imperial Standing.

You may only receive Sanction in the Treasures of Aht Urhgan areas, but only Signet is available in all previously released areas, so please take care when traveling between regions.

Your Imperial Standing is a measure of how much you have individually contributed to the Empire of Aht Urhgan. Imperial Standing credits can be used in a number of beneficial ways, such as exchanging them for items, or using them to earn transport to staging points.

You can increase your Imperial Standing by defeating monsters that you can gain experience points from.
    This worries me, but not too much:

Order of Events for Recovery

1. After being taken from Al Zahbi, the Astral Candescence is placed on an astral plinth in the enemy base, and the beastmen and monsters there will receive certain effects.
    2. The area where the astral plinth is located will become a battlefield, requiring two key items for entry. These key items will be lost in the event that you log out or leave the area and must be reacquired before entering the battlefield.
    3. The battlefield will have no level restriction, but only six people may enter at a time.
    4. You can recover the Astral Candescence by defeating all the enemies in the battlefield during the specified amount of time (30 minutes) and checking the item located on the astral plinth.
    5. After recovering the Astral Candescence, you will be unable to reenter the astral plinth battlefield.
    And this is why it doesnt reeeeeeeeeally worry me:

Falling in battle during the fight to recover the Astral Candescence will result in the loss of experience points. However, even should you fall in battle, the monster(s) in the battlefield will not fully recover, and the accumulated damage will carry over to the next battle.

I'm very interested in besieged now o.o we must not let them win the AC! For then my refresh bonus will be gone >_<
    signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Re: &quot;Sanction&quot; - Someone notice this?

Originally posted by Balfree
    Are the bonuses only for besieged events? or are these going to be in effect during regular gameplay? Huh? Huh? Hmmm? Wouldnt make much sense if it was just for besieged, else i doubt many people would bother with that event, these effects remain on you... even a regular 1mp/3sec is really good!
    only during beseiged i think. Think of sanction as signet+

Imperial Standing points seem to be sort of like conquest points:
    that's what i get too

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

By what they say, i think the effects arent just for besieged, i think they would point it out you know.

Like how they usually do:

* The experience bonus and latent effects are removed once you leave the zone! ahahah or something.

Comment

well those notes were from the Beseiged portion

there's no choice of whether or not to do the event though. if you are in the city when Beseiged happens, you are automatically drafted.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Signet doesn't exist in the East, and Sanction doesn't exist in Vanad'iel.

Comment

So does your signet wear off when you're in the East? And you have to get your "Sanction?" And does "Sanction" wear off in the West and you have to re-up your Signet? Or can you have both at the same time, and they're different icons? This will be interesting to find out.
            Odude
            PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
            RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
            SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

i'm guessing it does and can only have one at any time (one replaces the other). remember they said ToA is outside of normal conquest so it won't make much sense to have signet active in those areas.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

I think of it as a reversed role. Whoever that has the Astral Candescence controls the exp. I.e. If we have it, we get exp, if we don't have it, we lose exp on death. You don't lose exp during Beseiged, however if everything's peachy, then we gain exp. Sounds like more fun leveling, in case if you wanted to level somewhere and didn't have people to go level with, go to a Beseige area and start killing off mobs to defend the city.
                Hacked on 9/9/09
                FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

Seems we will have 2 differant wayt to expereince the game, thing which is very good and refreshing

Comment

Since I couldn't find it anywhere and I didn't want to do a new post (yet) about Sanction + Latent effect. Can someone please explain how it works? I heard something about the envading forces, if they are a certain # then the latent effect kicks in. I can't find that post anywhere.
                    Hacked on 9/9/09
                    FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

Sanction + Refresh:

Didnt test outside TaU areas, only had it down in that cave with the qiqirn and the diremites and crawlers and stuff...

Anyway, it seems to activate only when you have low MP, how lower im not sure... its still dandy! I had my own refresh, the corsair's refresh, and an extra tick off of the latent for a total of 5~7mp per tick at times, pretty nice.

Comment

Oh did you check the /bmap section to see that area's current invading force? I think that if your MP% is below the enemy's invading force #, then your latent effect kicks in, thusly, during beseige if you have sanction + refresh on, then you would get that automatically on, all the time. However if your exping off in a exp area, and you get refresh only if that # is higher than your MP %.

Can anyone else confirm this? Thanks for respond Balfree. *tarutaru hug leg*
                        Hacked on 9/9/09
                        FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

I think the refresh latent only kicks in when you have <75% MP. I haven't tried out the others, since I'm a SMN and I need this a bit more... >_<
                          Kametame
                          Server: Lakshmi

75 BLM | 75 SMN | 37 WHM

Summoning Skill 262/269 (ZOMG! 7 to go!)

w/Equips and Merits 304/269

Comment

You need to be under a certain HP/MP percentage for the Regen/Refresh effects to kick in. With successive Besieged victories, this threshold increases, along with the EXP bonus that Sanction provides.

Comment

- Apple Pie posted something yesterday indicating that the maximum bonus XP from Sanction is 15%. I assume you'd have to win a fair number of Besieged attacks to get to this point.

- The MP threshhold and HP threshhold for the latent Refresh and Regen effects increase as you start winning Besieged events. I think Midgardsormr's limits are something above 50% for each now.

- I assume but have not heard any confirmation that the extended meal duration effect also increases in the same way with successive victories.

- You CAN have Signet in ToAU areas and Sanction in non-ToAU areas, but they don't do anything. Entering ToAU with Signet will not turn it off, nor will entering normal areas with Sanction, but it won't make Conquest-related gear work in ToAU areas, nor will you get the bonuses from Sanction outside of ToAU areas.

Icemage

Comment

Working...
                              X