This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A noble, but vain, sacrifice

I was pretty bored one day, so I asked my ls if anyone needed help with anything. Someone speaks up and tells me he needs help with a telepot scroll quest, so I offer my assistance.

The party meets at Gusgen mines and we press forward. Since it's full of undead, I'm urging the ls members to tell me when they need sneak, by saying s. So I sneak them all and we traverse the skeleton-filled cave. Everything goes well. until....

someone aggroes a skeleton in the cave. She didn't tell me she needed sneak until the moment she aggroed the damn thing. So what does this mean?

It means we're all in a world full of shit. Once the skeleton aggroed, the mushrooms and other skeletons in the hallway aggro. I figure I'd go out as a noble sacrifice for the party. I didn't bother casting sleepga, since they're undead. So I told the party to quit attacking the skeletons. (They weren't doing any significant damage to them, so there was no point in them attacking each one of the mobs) So I prepare myself and cast the only spell I can: Firaga II.

It's either due or die at this point.Before you know it, all the mobs go down half health in a failed attempt to kill them, and I'm killed in a matter of seconds. So what does the party do? All but one meber continue to attack the mobs, so my effort was in vain. After they get killed off they hp and leave without so much saying sorry. So I wait for a raise and continue to help the last member out.

Just thought I'd share that with you all I went out with a bang, so to say.
    ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Re: A noble, but vain, sacrifice

{Escape} man! {Escape}!

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Yeah you probably could've pulled off ES+Sleepga>Escape unless your enfeebling skill is way behind.

I feel for you though. Keeping stealth on multiple people in a dangerous zone is a terror, especially if someone doesn't know what they're doing. And when the proverbial feces hit the fan, people just go nuts.
      lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

I'd find another LS.

I usually let people die if they don't come prepared. lol

NIN75/RNG75/RDM75
        SMN66/COR66/WAR55/BRD55/DRK51

Stephen King's Wizard and Glass: Fools are the only folk on earth absolutely guaranteed to get what they deserve.

Comment

In the time it took you to throw a firega 2 you could have almost finished casting escape. Not sure why you felt the need to sacrifice anyone.
          Whm 75 Blm 37 Brd 75 | Bastok Rank 10 | Whm > Rdm

Comment

Originally posted by Rones
            In the time it took you to throw a firega 2 you could have almost finished casting escape. Not sure why you felt the need to sacrifice anyone.
            In the time it takes to cast escape (not sure what level these pepople were -- I'm assuming low enough to get 3 hitted to death) maybe 2 or 3 people would've died.

Unfortunately, Arcadia, once you get hate, you'll never be able to depop the spawns. In other words, it be better off to let that one person die (So just communicate to everyone in that party DO NOT ENGAGE IF SOMEONE AGGROS!) Once the person dies, the mobs will despawn. This is that neat feature in the new update which changes rules on mob pop/depop behavior.

Comment

yea, 1 mage casting sneak on mulitple people is a pain. especiallly, as it seems, they dont really pay attention anyways, telling them to just even type S is too hard. when it comes to melee, they need to bring their own oils/powders. i think its cool that the mage gives you your initial sneak/invis but after that while you are running thru aggro areas, you're on your own.

about the not being appreciated part, that sucks. people are so inconsiderate sometimes.
              Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
              ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

Originally posted by Omni-Ragnarok
                yea, 1 mage casting sneak on mulitple people is a pain. especiallly, as it seems, they dont really pay attention anyways, telling them to just even type S is too hard. when it comes to melee, they need to bring their own oils/powders. i think its cool that the mage gives you your initial sneak/invis but after that while you are running thru aggro areas, you're on your own.
                You know, playing as melee first and then now mage, I can understand the burden melees can be on mages. I also can empathize with the pain of a melee that is having to cough up the gil to buy something that might only last a few seconds (I once used 5 silent oils in 40sec because I had a bad luck streak and that's 20K blown right there -_-;; )

If I'm in a group that knows what they are doing, there's points where you can "safely" recast. I usually only offer to help out the tank since if something aggro's, well, they can "tank" it ... lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeni
                  In the time it takes to cast escape (not sure what level these pepople were -- I'm assuming low enough to get 3 hitted to death) maybe 2 or 3 people would've died.
                  Well, apparently not because not only did he have time to cast firaga2, but they lived for a while after he died. Had he cast escape from the on set, he would have got all of them out except likely the first person who aggroed. Even if he didn't get all of them, some is better than the full wipe that resulted.
                  Whm 75 Blm 37 Brd 75 | Bastok Rank 10 | Whm > Rdm

Comment

yea it is a pain and expensive. i havent played mage for a while but its not just a pain but dangerous. if the mage has to keep track of 2-3 people and himself in a heavy aggro zone, he can end up dying b/c someone is too lazy/cheap to buy themselves oils. not to mention its not a good indication if going to your camp and people keep getting aggro... only a sign of things to come ><

if there are good breaks in a zone to resneak like in boyahda, its all good. but when travelling through a zone like kuftal where theres crabs and spiders and scorps and cactaurs and ghosts everywhere it can be a pain in the ass when you are covering someone for sneak and you get an 8 crab pinchers to the head sucker punch in doing so!

Comment

Originally posted by Omni-Ragnarok
                      if there are good breaks in a zone to resneak like in boyahda, its all good. but when travelling through a zone like kuftal where theres crabs and spiders and scorps and cactaurs and ghosts everywhere it can be a pain in the ass when you are covering someone for sneak and you get an 8 crab pinchers to the head sucker punch in doing so!
                      LOL that made me laugh hard. I remember there was a time when it involved me, a static party (this was more than 2 years ago) a plan to get to Cape Terrigan and a surprise guest named Guivre. Good times ... good times.

Comment

haha oh yea guivre. i cant count the number of times how he sneaks up on us (i still dont know how he does it since he shakes the ground when he walks) and just tags someone in the back of the head. thats one sneaky wyvren! i think he gets a kick out of leaving trails of dead lv. ~55s in kuftal tunnel.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeni
                          I also can empathize with the pain of a melee that is having to cough up the gil to buy something that might only last a few seconds (I once used 5 silent oils in 40sec because I had a bad luck streak and that's 20K blown right there -_-;; )
                          Did you know if you strip off all your armor it makes Sneak Oils and Prism Powders last twice as long, if not more?

NIN75/RNG75/RDM75

Stephen King's Wizard and Glass: Fools are the only folk on earth absolutely guaranteed to get what they deserve.

Comment

wha? where did you learn of this?

wow, thats news to me. might have to try it next time...

Comment

Dead serious, and I've known it for a long ass time now. Someone mentioned it to me like 2 years ago so I decided to try it out. Pretty sure I read it here actually. Anyway, I took a stack of Silent Oils with me to Kuftal to test it, used half wearing full R.K. gear on my SAM. Other half, zero gear on. With zero gear, made it from entrance of Kuftal to CT zone on one oil every time. With full gear equipped, 1/4 of the way @ worst. Think I made it all the way once.

NIN75/RNG75/RDM75

Comment

Working...
                              X