• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Post your Best/Latest Accomplishment

what lvl is your NPC task?

Yay, Ty for this Eohmer~

Silentsteel - Taru of Awesomeness on Valefor

80 Whm, 86 Drg, 40 Sam, 37 Blm, 31 Smn, & lower as it goes down... I have way too much play time for no levels, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by silentsteel
      what lvl is your NPC task?
      http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/index.php/Mirror_Images

I can only speculate that his NPC must at least be level 50, since it's in a BC50 fight. I have a friend who's NPC is almost 60 and just started the quest...

Comment

Ding 38 for my NPC last night, forgot about that. =P

NIN75/RNG75/RDM75
        SMN66/COR66/WAR55/BRD55/DRK51

Stephen King's Wizard and Glass: Fools are the only folk on earth absolutely guaranteed to get what they deserve.

Comment

My NPC is 45. Your level is capped at 50 for the fight, but the only requirement to get in is bond level.
          lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Got artisan in Woodworking last week. Its been several weeks, but I finally got hero fame in Windy, giving me hero fame in all 4 countries. (Norg fame is still pretty much {too weak} but its not high on the list right now). Lvl 33 on warrior, only 4 more levels before I'm done forever. (I'll still be muling all my gear for it though, just can't bring myself to throw a full set of equip away when its a possiblity I may someday come back to it.)
            I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Beat Divine Might last night non-mana burn style and got my Suppanomimi ^^

NPC also dinged 48 last night in a skillup pt in the tree.
              Last edited by capitalistnihilist; 03-22-2006, 05:18 AM.
              Sky:O Sea:O Koga: 3/5 Melee: 1/5
              http://manapool-ls.com - Bahamut Endgame LS

Comment

got a pair of bounding boots after 7 hours of all togather of camping and only 1/2 on it

Which FF Character Are You?

And you, wich Final Fantasy character do you resemble?

Comment

This isn't really my accomplishment, but ... went to Dunes with a couple friends the other night to try to get them hairpins. 2 pops, 2 claims, 2 drops. =O Lucky bas- I mean {Congratulations!}

Comment

npc dinged 57 last night at the tree, staff is 240/250. still working off ws points on staff of trials, it sucks its a weapon that cannot open/close either light/dark at all.

mirror images bcnm is much easier when your npc is around lvl 50 or so. i remember doing it as whm/nin. first time i tried it was a dry run, the second time i owned it.
                    Dig A10; Main: Bonecraft 100+3/subs: 60/Fishing 59.7
                    Mules: Cooking 100+3/Alchemy 77.7

http://www.youtube.com/Ayrlie

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage
                      This isn't really my accomplishment, but ... went to Dunes with a couple friends the other night to try to get them hairpins. 2 pops, 2 claims, 2 drops. =O Lucky bas- I mean {Congratulations!}
                      The new Rare/EX version, Empress Hairpin, is 100% drop iirc. But congrats on the claims!

Comment

I promise it is not. ^^ It took me 7 kills to get my own empress.

Comment

Originally posted by bikkebakke
                          The new Rare/EX version, Empress Hairpin, is 100% drop iirc. But congrats on the claims!
                          Cha, no way in hell is that true. ;O I think combined, a couple of friends and I are 0/14 now. Stupid ass SE and their ways of not giving us drops on rare/ex. Pshaw, this is no different than when it dropped Emperor's Hairpin and 100 people were camping VE.

I'm 0/22 on Stroper Chyme. Getting the claim is not an issue. It's getting a drop that is. I was with two level 60+ THF friends and we only got 1 drop in 32 claims. WTF!??!

Comment

That's funny... I know at least 7 people that got an empress first kill... same with bounding boots... guess just super lucky >.<;

Comment

Originally posted by bikkebakke
                              That's funny... I know at least 7 people that got an empress first kill... same with bounding boots... guess just super lucky >.<;
                              Super lucky or this game actually does something weird in the background. Maybe we should all test this...

For example, if you're rank is higher than 5, the higher you are ranked in your nation, the lower your chances of getting a drop...

Or if you don't have a signet on. You get low rates of a drop (I know, it should only affect crystal drops, but has anyone even test this?)...

Or if you are too high of a level in a job versus the mob you're trying to get the drop from...

I can go on and on and type speculation. Here's another food for thought. Last week, I got a stack of slime oil in just under half hour farming in Korroloka. It was like during 1/4 moon or something. Another time before that, I was farming Korroloka during Full Moon. I got less than 5 oils altogether for an hour of farming...

A THF friend once farmed during New Moon Goobbues in Zi'Tah. He got like a stack of cuttings for a little over an hour of work. During waning crescent or some phase like that, he got 2.5 stacks for an hour of work...

It's stuff like this that makes you question these claims coming out of the community... is it BS ... is it imagined ... is it like placebo ... is it even real?

Comment

I always notice a burst of drops of the items i want around 22-4 in the morning, expecialy after ive been getting absolutly nothing. But i hope the rank thing isent true, im only rank3 but untill i get my character higher i dont realy want to attempt the other missions.

Comment

Working...
                                X