This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Enhance effect of..." Items

Ok so with the release of all these new goodies some rumors have started flying around. Some of you might have seen the Hamum(sp?) Corazza, that sweet piece of body equipment thats supposed to be for thf/drg/drk/pld with "Enhance Triple Attack Effect." There was also the addition of the "Enhance Double ATtack Effect" earring (Brutal I believe).

Now some people have been arguing whether these will GIVE the trait, I say no because it says enhance, but others claim S-E has added in tons of items that say enhance but give the trait..

Does anyone know what these are? I know Suppanomimi (sp?) doesnt GIVE dual wield, and the only items I can think of that give a trait like that are ones that say "Triple Attack +1%" or "Double Attack +1%." Am I forget some items or am I sane?

Warrior TP Warrior WS

Re: "Enhance effect of..." Items

Originally posted by Tokitoki
    Ok so with the release of all these new goodies some rumors have started flying around. Some of you might have seen the Hamum(sp?) Corazza, that sweet piece of body equipment thats supposed to be for thf/drg/drk/pld with "Enhance Triple Attack Effect." There was also the addition of the "Enhance Double ATtack Effect" earring (Brutal I believe).

Now some people have been arguing whether these will GIVE the trait, I say no because it says enhance, but others claim S-E has added in tons of items that say enhance but give the trait..

Does anyone know what these are? I know Suppanomimi (sp?) doesnt GIVE dual wield, and the only items I can think of that give a trait like that are ones that say "Triple Attack +1%" or "Double Attack +1%." Am I forget some items or am I sane?
    The way I understand, is that if you have the Job Trait, subbed or as main, the "Enhance Effect" from an item bumps it up another level. (e.g. RDM get's up to Fast Cast II and the AF3 hat pumps it to Fast Cast III)

Same with NIN and AF body I think? It boggles the mind how many Dual Wield Enhancement's NIN can get.

Though I don't think this is how Rostrum Pumps work...(I'm really sketchy on how this item operates)

Comment

In most cases it means that it adds or improves the trait, and in the context these items show I'd say they give the trait.

For instance, "Enhances Fast Cast" always means you get Fast Cast. Another good example is the Killer trait "Enhancements". There are a ton of earrings in the game, some shields, things like that which only state that they enhance a killer trait. They all wind up actually giving some measure of it. IMO, this isn't a bug. An example. A General's Shield is DRK and PLD only, and enhances Beast Killer. Now, there's no gear that flat out gives Beast Killer, and it's the last Killer trait a BST gets, at level 70, so no getting it from sub. But XP with a PLD in Kuftal using one of these, and they'll intimidate tigers. Same thing really with Byakko's Axe...WARs will intimidate Kirin with it.

Usually if the item doesn't give the trait, it's written as Ability +1, far as I know. Suppanomimi is a strange case though.

FFXI Blog

Comment

Tokitoki the reason for the idea that Enhance "<trait>" being thought that it could give you the effect is because of gear that says Enhance "Demon Killer" Trait, or any other killer trait. The enhance for them actually give you the trait, that's were the confusion for Enhancement comes in. Enhancement very much like Latent are not very specific in how it enhances or activates.

For example the Enhance "Cover" Ability that 3 items have when it states enhances it doesn't mean longer time use, it means how cover works. In 1 item when using cover you gain MP for damage taken, in another item cover becomes usable against spell attacks, and so on.

So as you can see the wording Enhance is vaigue so can range to being just about anything, just like Latent (Not all latent items activate by lower HP, some are by having the right subjob, and others are even different requirements).

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Re: &quot;Enhance effect of...&quot; Items

Yea I understadn the concept of how it works, but wanted to know more of these "plenty of 'enhance' items that give the trait.

EDIT: this was typed up but not posted until after Macht's post ;p

EDITx2: As far as the enhancement on shields, these would be teh examples im looknig for. Then there are things like Sarashi, which isnt a good example because it can only be used with SJ NIN. And now that i'm thinking about it, doesnt Tatami shield give all teh killer traits?
          Last edited by Tokitoki; 10-11-2005, 02:56 PM.

Warrior TP Warrior WS

Comment

Yeah, that's the one thing you have to constantly keep in mind when reviewing an item that SE releases. They love to be vaigue, so you may 2 or 3 items with the same description but do totally different things. More vaigue descriptions you can be cautious of and might prove to be rightfully so someday are wordings like:

Refresh MP (1MP/Tick)
            Refresh HP (1HP/Tick)
            Movement speed down (-12% movement)

In () are the most common assumed statement that these mean, but as you can see the wording is not specific to that. There is nothing stating that the Refresh MP can't become (2MP/Tick) if the right conditions are met, or that Movement speed down could be (-6% movement) again if right conditions are met.

Even then with some test it even shows specific statements to possibly be slightly off or that there is something else going on. Like a test of -% physical damage were Earth Staff showed to actually take off -20% physical damage but other items that stated -10% or -5% did not truely take of that amount but instead on the testing was -9.7% or -4.7%.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

That earring does give double attack, about 5% double attack rate or so. An LS mate of mine has it.
              Kuno's super cool stats!
              Server - Bahamut | Nationality - San d'Orian | Rank - 9 | Jobs - 75 BLM/74 SMN

Crafts-
              Fishing 100+ - Woodworking 80 - Cooking 35
              Lushang's: Ok!

Comment

I've learned to be very cynical when it comes to item descriptions. Some "enhances effect" items are amazing (Skulker's Cape), while others are pretty ick (Stone Gorget).

As far as actually granting an ability, I don't think I've run into any pieces of gear of this type that don't grant you an ability if you don't already have it. Rostrum Pumps actually give you 5% fast cast, Tatami Shield does in fact give you a verrrrrrry weak version of each Killer Trait if you don't have one, etc.

Icemage

Comment

there is a lot of arguement of this going on the KI forums.

I'm starting to think Enhance = gives you the trait.

IE:tatami shield gives killer
                  robust pumps gives fast cast

Difference between suppomani is the translation imo. Dual wield was meant to decrease the delay between swings for that earring, not to give the ability to dual wield weapons.

in any case the new earrings, and new Melee "god" gear would be "Godly" if this is the case regarding Enhance effects. DRK DRG and some other job get Triple attack now from that "god" gear. there is brutal earring "enhance double attack". great for any melee now, and NIN with loquatious earring "Enhance fast cast" would be too good.

Comment

Working...
                  X