Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CP...save for Ex items or turn in for profit?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CP...save for Ex items or turn in for profit?

Pretty simple. I have 56k CP (Windurst.) I'm a retired 45 WAR (with various sub jobs) now levelling a level 13 PLD. My question is: are there any EX CP items that I should REALLY save for, or can I just start selling CP items for profit? I was looking over the list and the only EX items that seem important are the Federal Army Mantle (which isn't that great, at least for PLD) and Patriarch Protector's Ring (which, again, isn't that great...) Everything else seems to be buyable or worthless. Am I mistaken here? Thanks for your input.

Re: CP...save for Ex items or turn in for profit?

I use mine for buying Instant Warps - which might be wrong but being a monk and paladin - find I need them more than not
    To die by the sword...hurts like hell!

Comment

you don't want your federation aketon when you hit rank 10?

Comment

If you dont want an aketon I'd say spend them, but keep in mind the CP > AH price ratio. There may be something that sells for a few k less but uses a lot less CP, get that item and sell it.

Warrior TP Warrior WS

Comment

Thanks for the input. I won't be Rank 10 for quiiiiiiiiite a while I think, and by the time I'm rank 10 I'd probably have enough for an aketon even if I wasted all my CP now.. Yes, I am bearing in mind the CP > Gil rate. Thing is, there's a Windurst item with such a good CP > Gil rate that I could make a bit over a million if I exchanged all my CP (currently 56k, which is what the aketon costs) and sold them. I've been told aketons are 400-1 mil, and Windurst is first moderately often in Midgardsormr so I doubt it's selling for 1 mil. The mantles are cool but they're worth so much CP and would eventually only get replaced, having wasted my CP without being able to get cash out of it, and wasting a space in my safe. Again, thanks for the help. 56k CP = a lot of EXP, and it's not something I want to waste on a mere whim.

Comment

Hook up with a high level crafters. CP HQ items is major $$$.

Bastok circlet for instance the HQ version republic verson can go very high. Rich Blms that want the big damage mostly, but realiically, there's nothing much better, so it's a valued item.

Of course if don't need gil, CP always has other uses.

Comment

When i was lower level I exchanged CP points for stuff to sell too. I would say it's ok if you have no other means to make money. Aketons are nice to have but just like the starting rings, not really needed.
              There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
              but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
              transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

windurst cp = mercenary gear which when upgraded, the windurstian or federation sets ( far eastern wear and great sword ) sell for a chunk of change. full federation set will pull in almost 300k if you play your ah cards right.

Comment

Thanks Kuu, but I only know one really high level crafter and I don't wanna bother her, nor do I want to flood the AH with failed HQ attempts I don't really NEED the money. I'm not relying on this, I usually go mining when I really need to save up for a piece of equipment, and I have 400+ beastmen's seals which I plan on using very soon. I just want to do something productive with my CP, you know? Plus, I like having enough money to buy whatever gear I want. My plan's to slowly sell Merc. Cpt. Kukri on the AH (80k each for 4k CP...pretty sweet deal if you ask me.) Doesn't seem to be much competition, but I'll be cautious anyways. I've seen many prices spiral down horribly because of multiple people each trying to undercut each other (ugh...had to sell my C.C. Axes +1 for 25 and 28k...I bought them at 50k each and then people started flooding the AH with them...)

Comment

the windhurst glove is good for rdm for sure.
                    it is the only 1 or 2 glove that give you enfeeble skill up although it only work when your naton control the area.If you do ever play a rdm or maybe whm or blm that glove is sure good.

Comment

I used to turn them in as sign as I could for profit.
                      But now I'm saving for Master Caster Bracelets once I can swap allegiance to Windurst.

Comment

Later in the game, saving for high rank and EX CP items is a smart move. I city-hopped to rank 10 in all 3 towns over the course of over a year and saved my CP to buy the most interesting CP items (Master Caster Bracelets, Republic Gold Medal, all 3 Aketons etc.). This is a huge undertaking, however, and does eat up a lot of time and resources, but definitely fun and worthwhile if you've got the stamina to do it.

Icemage

Comment

Exactly how do those Aketons work, anyway? What triggers the "find extra crystals" effect? How about the speed bonus?

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, the movement speed bonus applies when you're inside the nation the aketon is associated with. Not too sure on the crystal part, but I'm guessing you need to have it on at the moment you finish off the mob.

Comment

So the "Find extra crystals" effect works outside of Bastok-controlled areas (for example) if you're using a Republic Aketon, but the speed bonus wouldn't?

The former effect's more interesting to me than the latter, nice as it is for town-running.

Comment

Working...
                              X