X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Square-enix Im Not Happy!!!!!

Originally posted by Macht
    After you pass the 1st of the month and have not reviewed the billing info it is considered that you are not paying the current month for the Content ID (since it won't bill until you review it). So then the Content ID is de-activated, I know from personal experience twice.
    Ok, let me see if I'm understanding this right. You are saying that if you let your account idle and don't review your bill that they will cancel your content ID's automatically? So I don't cancel anything, my cc is on file, but I don't log in and I don't look at my bill via POL, and they cancel my content ID? I don't think I'm understanding this right. LOL

Now if this is what your saying, I have never had this problem. I have let my account idle for 3 months once. I was still paying every month but didn't play or log in. When I finally came back, I had no problems logging in. Now this was a while back and they could have changed their policy so it could be different now.

Originally posted by madd3r
    i thought this would cause a discussion.

no what happened was they said they couldnt do anything for me, but apparently my account and character's are still there, and the dude even said because i didnt have the CC details that he couldnt even tell me about my account. I havnt played or payed for almost a year :p

i feel ripped off.
    Hmm...odd indeed. My cousin took my HDD and used just my registration codes to get the user name and password changed so she could play. Now I don't know what she said to the person on the other end, but whatever it was it worked. LOL
    Originally posted by Feba
    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
    Originally posted by DakAttack
    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

They're real strict about odd stuff.. 2 Months ago. I had to pay for my account again, the previous month i had used a Simon Gift Card and tossed when i was done with it. I couldn't log in to pay because i forgot my password (Didn't realize it was in all CAPS until later). I also didn't have my Registration codes because i had lost them (I got re-issued ones through return to Vana'Diel prog.). And Basically, they couldn't help me what so ever, They wont let you pay for your account over the phone.(Why in the heck would i be trying to pay someone elses bill @.@), he wouldn't reset my password even though i verifiedto a T that it was me and my account...

So yea.. Thanks S-E...
      (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ====【†】 BIBLE FIGHT !
      sigpic

Comment

yeh i know how it feels.. im going to have to buy the game again, which i shouldnt have to do.

square-enix take alot, but dont give much. imagine the doosh they make just from fees?

Comment

Madd3r hvae you tried calling your bank for your old CC number as someone sugested?

Also, Back on the topic which I started >.> I really don't think that's the case Macht, I'll talk to S-E today over thier live help to see what the real deal is.
          -Baka Inu!
          Nejiko - Mithra Current: [ 70 THF / 35 NIN ]
          Basic Jobs: [ 70 THF / 20 MNK / 11 WHM / 18 BLM / 22WAR / 05 RDM]
          Advance Jobs: [ 04 BST / 37 NIN / 02 SMN / 05RNG / 07 SAM / 07 PLD / 00 DRK / 31 BRD / 00 DRG]
          Aht Jobs: [07 COR / 00 BLU / 00 PUP]

Comment

Originally posted by Macht
            This includes if you have not cancelled your accounts yourself, because of how SE does it's billing. SE will not bill you until you have gone a reviewed the billing, after about 3-7 days past the initial billing cycle if you have not reviewed it then SE automatically disables the Content IDs. After that if 3 months pass and no Content IDs are re-activated then SE at their own decision can choose to cancel that POL account.
            I've reviewed my bill only twice since I've started playing. Every other time I've ignored it and played as usual and I've been playing since the NA release. Never had any problems with my account. After a while the notice just goes away.
            My Signature. Now with 50% more processed ham product than those other leading signatures.

Which FF Character Are You?
            Originally posted by Balfree
            Why does every discussion have to be a little festivity of sorts, with purple doom rain and lunatic frogs singing the yodelay on top of mushrooms and little babies being eaten by crazy flying cows and green gas explosions on the horizon and screaming goats?

Comment

Hmm, if that's what happens with you guys then guess it's just some odd thing with mine. I know that every time I don't access POL past it's billing cycle it's never charged me until I review the billing info. If I don't my Content ID has always been disabled, but I'm not sure how it was before this was mainly what happened the last few billing cycles. If that is the case though then I would guess it's maybe some new policies, after all it's only been like what 2-3 months since they changed some of the ToS Agreements.

Oh, well... That's been my experience and just thought it was normal. Could be something about the situation I'm not seeing that's the result of what I've had happen.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

I was able to log into my playonline account after well over 6-8 months of never touching it, nor having it billed.

If your content ids get deactivated, you do need your information to recreate them.

You think you're not happy? I lost my character from inactivity, which is absolutely, positively the stupid thing that any MMORPG company can do.

Yes, I know it's in the TOS. Yes, I know it's thier choice. However, from any practical standpoint you can think of, it's just a bad policy. It stops a LOT of people from coming back to the game. Why come back if you can't play the character you spent so much time on? The only reason I even considered coming back after my character was deleted was because my IRL friends are all playing on a different server anyway. My friend expressed interest in coming back and playing, but when I informed him our old characters were gone and couldn't be recovered, that was the end of that conversation.

I bet with our two subscription fees alone for 6 months they could have paid for a hard drive to store not only every character that ever has been deleted, but every character that will be deleted.

Silly.

Comment

well, imo, if you're not paying, there's no reason for them to keep it for you.

when you decided to cancel your account, you know the character will be gone. And when it's really gone you got upset. what's the point?
                  There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                  but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                  transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

not being rude but if you read my posts you would see that i said my account and character is still there...they just wont let me at it

Comment

Originally posted by madd3r
                      I LOST MY ACCOUNT DETAILS...I MEAN EVERYTHING.
                      square-enix representitives woont even help me recover my account just because i dont have my credit card info, (i dont have a card anymore) i can prove myself to them but this isnt good enough...nooooo im not allowed to play anymore! wankers

comehere and il hit you with my shoe
                      oh i dont think they actually ever delete characters. cause its been about a year since i left ffxi and SE sent a letter to asking me to come back to the world of ffxi cause my characters are still there lol. its more of a scam for ur $$$ so that u level a new character to 75
                      TaruKabob <Can I have it>

Comment

go think about it, if someone who is not you want to get an easy way to lv75 without working for it and phone or email or whatever way to get to square to try to get so and so account, in this example take it yours. As the person who dont know about your account details like password or user id or credit card numbers, should square allow them to be able to get whoever account to those people who dont even own it in the first place?
                        No is the answer. So, square is not really doing anything wrong here since you cant provide password, credit card numbers to prove you are the user.
                        Advice is to call up your old credit card company and ask them for your record and credit card numbers etc and then go talk to square again

Comment

Working...
                        X