This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Announcing all new job possibilities!

Community: I realize you can't talk about the next expansion, but if there are any possibilities for new jobs, what kind of jobs have been considered?
    Yasu Kurosawa: You're right, I can't talk about that. But I can ask you what you want!

Geomancer
    Blue Mage
    New tank
    Gambler
    New refresh job
    Mime
    Pirates
    Necromancer

Look at that. . . We already guessed some of em

with the new tank & refresh jobs, there's going to be Much more flexibility with Pt's

Yay, Ty for this Eohmer~

Silentsteel - Taru of Awesomeness on Valefor

80 Whm, 86 Drg, 40 Sam, 37 Blm, 31 Smn, & lower as it goes down... I have way too much play time for no levels, lol.

Re: Announcing all new job possibilities!

Old news, and those are suggestions from the croud. If they were to begin developing those jobs now it might take half a year before they make it into the actual game.

Comment

hmm. . . didnt notice that. . . BUT! they can still implement them!

Yay, Ty for this Eohmer~

Silentsteel - Taru of Awesomeness on Valefor

80 Whm, 86 Drg, 40 Sam, 37 Blm, 31 Smn, & lower as it goes down... I have way too much play time for no levels, lol.

Comment

Maybe one of those will actually make it into the game, at most.

Comment

necromancer would rock..blue mage???? red, black, and white cover all magic. Pirates?? dont know about that.

Take The quiz yourself!

Comment

They should definitely add another tank and absolutely no more damage dealers.

Comment

we need a tank and a new refresher definitly

now, what would a new tank job be like, another /war whore? i hope they implement a new ability like provoke for this new tank job.

i remember in some game there was this ability called 'target' or something that would force the enemy to target whoever used the ability

i could picture the job barbarian or gladiator or something that would use shouts just like in diablo, shouts are abilities that intimidate or weaken your enemies

the barbarian/gladiator/whatever would only be able to wield 2handed weapons

abilities would be something like

- lvl1 shout: induce panic to the enemy, each round enemy has a chance to be paralyzed (same effect of paralyze)

- lvl5 intimidate: reduce enemy's attack power

- lvl10 order: force enemy to target you (provoke)

- lvl15 strike: deliver a high damage blow (critical 100%, this would improve hate on you)

- lvl 25 strike II: deliver a twofold attack (double critical 100%)

- lvl 40 enpower: battlecry that raises the level of your combat skill with your current weapon

- lvl 50 strike III: deilver a 3 hit attack (triple critical 100%)

passive abilities:

- lvl1 aura: higher chance to intimidate your enemy ("The Mad Sheep is intimidated by your presence", would happen more often)

- lvl15 loud mouth (improve shouts)

- lvl 30 aura II

- lvl 50 loud mouth II

stats would be like, high str+vit, low dex+agi, very low chr+mnd+int

high prof with 2handed weapons (spear, 2hsword, 2haxe)
              low prof with 1handed weapons (club, axe, sword)
              low prof with throwing weapons (chakram, boomerang)
              cant use bows or guns, katanas, 2h katanas, staves, hand-to-hand

shouting would be a skill just like ninjutsu

this job would have high HP, something alont the lines of MNK

well i should be working now =p
              signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Why do we need a new tank? I'm confused.

PLD75| BLM42| WAR37| DRK30| THF25| WHM25| NIN22| MNK20| BST10|

Comment

There is generally a lack of people playing PLD or NIN, making XP parties harder to construct. A new tank job woul dmean more people playing a tanking job, making XP PT construction easier.

-------

-------

-------
                  Thats our leader!

Comment

we dont 'need' more tanks, we dont 'need' anything else added to the game, what we 'need' is diversity or people will get bored and leave

we have variety in mages and in damage dealing, now we need variety in damage takers
                    signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Having 2 jobs out of the 12 that can efficiently take consistent dmg and hold hate well vs. the 4 mage class and 6 DD jobs, I'd say that explains why a new tank class is needed rather than any other class of job.

NIN75/RNG75/RDM75
                      SMN66/COR66/WAR55/BRD55/DRK51

Stephen King's Wizard and Glass: Fools are the only folk on earth absolutely guaranteed to get what they deserve.

Comment

New tank job would be of little help to the "lack of tank" situation, people don't play tank because they think they will die 1st if things go wrong, ask all the idiots out there(sad to say, but idiots make the most of our population), I bet you most of them will tell you they don't wanna die. How many time you had parties that people refused to sub war because they thought a DRK/WAR will have to main tank? How many time people freaked out when you asked them to voke for your SATA? Having a new tank job in won't make people play it, for as long as they believe tank is a death job.

Gambler would kinda be hard to play, though I'd love to have it. Cool if they can use the cards from cardians, which are currently useless, I believe?

Blue mage though, I still wonder what we can learn, traditionally, we will need to be hit by the WS to learn it, so how would we learn pollen, etc? Unless we will be like that barbarian thing in FF6(FF3).

Comment

They can make the ranger sort of a hybrid tank like in everquest...since the ranger job lost its appeal recently
                          To die by the sword...hurts like hell!

Comment

Originally posted by Reisuki
                            There is generally a lack of people playing PLD or NIN, making XP parties harder to construct. A new tank job woul dmean more people playing a tanking job, making XP PT construction easier.
                            Must be just your server cause everytime I logon to xp theres already 3 or 4 tanks seeking, which ends up with me having to seek for a couple hours.

Never really had that problem till i hit the 60s with the jobs >:E
                            "We're all stupid, so lets go adventure in our ignorance together!"
                            http://www.cursetheyagudo.org/db/db....prof&name=Cade

Comment

Originally posted by Cade
                              Must be just your server cause everytime I logon to xp theres already 3 or 4 tanks seeking, which ends up with me having to seek for a couple hours.

Never really had that problem till i hit the 60s with the jobs >:E
                              The only position I ever had to wait on 60-70 was tank. Refresh, Cure, CC and DD were always easy. >_<

Ya'd think with two meat shields and two Refresh-hoes they'd be in equal proportion. But on Cerberus, when I still played, RDM was way more populous than PLD and NIN combined. Even WHM was easier to find.

Comment

Working...
                              X