Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Announcing all new job possibilities!

There is a whip they use for breaking horses. I should have been more specific. The weapon could be a ranged att used for various reasons such as lowering att/def, removing hate, ect.

This could also get in the way of new JS weapons such as 6-shooters which would be ranged as well. Another problem i've realized is a main weapon. I live close to cowboy country and don't see much around the farm that could be used as a main, unless SE want's to start making various tools such as a shovel, rake, or pitch fork. That brings up another problem since that would basically turn the Cowboy into a farmer. Although, Cowboy could very well be made a Buckaneer in wich he could use weapons such as short swords as well as a whip/6-shooter or rifle. Then again, this idea will probably be scratched due to the fact that cowboys wern't really around the same time era. I'm not sure about Buckaneer's though. They might fit.
    Last edited by Livioti; 09-19-2005, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Livioti
      There is a whip they use for breaking horses. I should have been more specific. The weapon could be a ranged att used for various reasons such as lowering att/def, removing hate, ect.
      Oh, I see. Though, I'd think theyd also be roughly B~B+ marksmenship and they'd introduce revolvers and rifle's (lever action rifles to be more specific) or something. Could be a good pulling job with a lasso too.
      I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

What the hell is up with your fetish with whips...

Comment

Hi, I'm a retired player, but I do look in to see how this game has changed hoping it would evolve into a non-workaholic game at some point. And I noticed the teaser for the new expansion and what looked like a new job, so I decided to look around.

Ok so that doesn't matter, I saw this forum and what I came here to say is, Dancer is also another job they could add. Something of a tank type that doesn't revovle around armor rating but accute skill usage, is what I thought up a long time ago. They could make alot of different ideas off of dancer, but I think it should be on that list. I think a class that used a Capoera kind of fighting/dancing style would be very interesting.

Later
          Learning > Intelligence > Experience. Weak minds are subject to experience before realization. Inteligent minds understand quickly with minimal experience. Learned minds excersise knowledge gained from study, and do not require experience to reach realization. Which is your claim?

Comment

Ok, i think it was in FF5 but i'm not sure, remember the Bluemage who was kind of an older guy? He had a daughter that would draw a picture of an enemy and the drawing would come to life and fight for her. I think that would be interesting to see as a new job.

Comment

I am waitting for Pirate Nerco-Pyschologist job. Would convince the monster he not only had a horrible childhood, but he is almost homosexual. Then turn him into a ghost and steal his booty. And they could use WHIPS LIKE COWBOYS.

Comment

I wanna see them bring in the flail, c'mon, it'd be cool to watch a ball covered in large spikes critcial off a monster's skull. That could be our blue's choice weapon (dunno why, but why not, let it be more battle oriented, give him a flail!)

Comment

Pirates seems like a pretty obvious choice to me, since there are already some leading roles in the game that use this job. Aldo, Lion and Gilgamesh are all pirates. I guess it's possible the big pirate ship in the movie is a dungeon... that would be really cool.
                  RDM70 | BLM37 | WHM18 | BST12

Comment

we'll have a king and queen job now with A++ whip skill.
                    There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                    but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                    transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

There was also a pirate in FF II, Lea or something like that. She was a playable character that you got the ship from.
                      You kill one man, your a murderer
                      Kill many and your a conquerer
                      Kill them all... your a God.

Comment

Aldo, Lion and Gilgamesh
                        Lion=Monk
                        Gilgamesh=Samurai
                        Aldo=Never really said, but Thief or Warrior seem most likely.

Comment

Well, regardless of what jobs they add in TAU, I hope for the sake of party balance that there is at least one new job that can do each of the following (doesn't have to be the same job for all of these):

1. Silence. There is only one good silencing job right now (no, Guillotine and Garuda's Dagger don't count).

2. Dispel. 3 jobs can right now, but bards and summoners are both rare and the summoner has to have Fenrir *and* use blood pact - which puts it on a longer cooldown than finale while also interfering with other abilities.

3. Restore MP to party members (doesn't have to be the same way refresh/ballad work, it could be a spell or JA that restores some amount of mp to the target/all nearby pt members immediately and then can't be used again for 30 sec or whatever).

4. Erase/remove negative status (poison, paralyze etc.) Probably the biggest flaw of healer jobs other than WHM is that they do this at higher levels only or not at all (Stona). With 16+ jobs in the game we will need more than one way to cover healing responsibilities, and having one job heal HP damage while another removes harmful effects is quite possible. (Note: don't know how much Spring Water can already cover this role. Summoners are very rare though.)

5. Add control - some form of Sleep is one possibility, but there are others (Time Mage could get Stop or even Degeon, for example).

6. Stun (not necessarily the existing spell, but something that can interrupt spells and the monster special attacks that can be interrupted by stun).

7. Enhance party member attacks. Only BRD can really do this now (the SMN abilities that are supposed to do it are incredibly weak and very short duration too; I'd love to see that fixed, but a new job that can enhance attacks would be good too). Enhancing the party can be more useful than weakening the mob because it can carry over from fight to fight (depending on duration) and doesn't have to deal with resists.

8. Enhance party member defenses. Currently whm and smn do this, in different ways (protectra/shellra and aerial armor/earthen ward); rdm and pld have an inconvenient half-assed form of the whm version. See above.

9. If Time Mage is added, it will probably get teleports, warp 2 and escape (the original name of the job was Spacetime Mage - using the same Japanese word that also describes the physics concept of spacetime, I think - and all the travel spells originally belonged to spacetime magic including some not seen in FFXI). More jobs with the travel abilities would be nice, but I can't think of anything other than time mage that would reasonably get them.

There are enough jobs that can do damage, and enough jobs that can heal HP (although any new job with a mp pool may sub whm and chip in with that too, even if it doesn't get heals of its own). But a lot of other utility stuff can only be found on one or two jobs and sometimes that includes rare jobs too (bard, summoner).

I don't think the game really needs a new tank job, but I wouldn't really be opposed to it either especially if there are 3+ new jobs. Alternatively, if one of the new jobs could be a good sub for WAR that would allow it to tank better from about 40-73 (and maybe even competing with WAR/NIN at 74+), that might be cool too. WAR tanking has been neglected too long. Whatever it is might be able to tank in its own right as well - in that case it would really help if it could also fill another role when not needed as a tank (like WAR can), otherwise you'll just get lots of excess tanks lfp (some servers already have).
                          Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
                          RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
                          All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

I'd like to see them Fix Drg before moving on to more jobs like come on....

Drg gets no abilities past 50 & no passive traits past 30 wtf is that about?

Sig is CLF and his gilseller buddies fighting Serket, CLF was tanking.

Rank missions: Complete
                            Zilart: Complete
                            Promathia: Complete
                            Treasure:Complete
                            Whm75,Rdm75,Blm75,Smn75,Brd75,Dnc75,Cor75,War65,Drg57,Blu56,Thf37,Rng37,Nin37,Sam37,Bst29
                            Woodworking100+3 Alchemy100+2 Bone100+3 Cooking100+2 Leather86+1 Gold72+2

Comment

Yeah, Dragoon is cool, but lacking a few simple things that would make them more of a purprose.

Comment

I definetly agree about the Drg. The advanced players will continually say that Drg can hold it's own if used well, but the end result remains that Drg is unliked and greatly limited class in many ways.

As for pirates, I never saw an actual pirate in FF, there are "pirates", but that is what they do, not a job class with certain skills. I haven't played FF I and II, only researched them, maybe they are in those games, but they arn't as far as I know.

All the pirates in FFXI are pirates by association, they are not some sort of pirate job, it is obvious that gilgamesh is a samurai, and all the pirates are either ninjas, samurai, or some other listed class, they do not fall into a seperte job class. Necromancers have been seen in some FF titles, but never as a job, and FFXI story labels it as a faction of summoning, not another job.
                                Learning > Intelligence > Experience. Weak minds are subject to experience before realization. Inteligent minds understand quickly with minimal experience. Learned minds excersise knowledge gained from study, and do not require experience to reach realization. Which is your claim?

Comment

Working...
                                X