This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call to Arms! Time to take a stand!

I have recently created a petition against the cheating and gil-selling occurring in FFXI, and ask for your help by signing it. Let SE know, enough is enough!

http://www.petitiononline.com/SaveFFXI/petition.html

Re: Call to Arms! Time to take a stand!

The only true way is to find the people behind IGE , Mogs, and Mysupersales and repeatedly bash their skulls' into mush.

And I'm actually being serious on that.

Comment

Why do people even bother with internet petitions. I would like to see one example where an online petition actually caused a change.
      Whm 75 Blm 37 Brd 75 | Bastok Rank 10 | Whm > Rdm

Comment

Yes, because I'm sure S-E thinks we all love gil-sellers and cheaters. They know it's a problem and have made some attempts to thwart it. Fact is, no matter what they do, those companies will find a way around it because they are banking off these idiots that buy gil.

TheCraft - Crafting Linkshell
        Personality Tests

Comment

Originally posted by Canadianmonster
          I have recently created a petition against the cheating and gil-selling occurring in FFXI, and ask for your help by signing it.
          Or, you could read this.

For those of you who have ADD and won't finish reading the first paragraph, here is a summary: Online petitions don't work.
          Gatts - PLD75/WAR37
          and you call your self a canadian

PiNG broke my sig and all I got was this T-shirt.

Comment

I don't know, Xuande, Mike Hunt's signiture can make a big difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Xuande
              Or, you could read this.

For those of you who have ADD and won't finish reading the first paragraph, here is a summary: Online petitions don't work.
              Those truly committed to righting the wrongs of the world are encouraged to take pen in hand and craft actual letters to their congressmen or to whomever they deem are the appropriate people to contact about particular issues. Real letters (the kind that are written in a person's own words and sent through the regular mail) are accorded far more respect than form letters (let alone petitions), and that should be kept in mind by those intent upon being heard. Yes, the effort it takes is far larger. But so is the potential for making an actual difference.
              I wonder how my congressman would respond if I wrote a letter complaining about Gil Sellers in FFXI. :tongue:

TheCraft - Crafting Linkshell
              Personality Tests

Comment

Originally posted by solid-jamz
                I wonder how my congressman would respond if I wrote a letter complaining about Gil Sellers in FFXI. :tongue:
                Just make sure good old Jack Thompson doesn't see it, or it'll be the end of FFXI...

Comment

While I'm happy to see you want something changed. You'd be better off rallying to have a bunch of people E-Mail POL and SE. Online petitions too commonly turn into junk. People spamming, using multiple accounts, writing garbage. No legit company is gona pay any attention to that sort of thing, regardless of how sincere some of the posts may be.

Comment

What can SE really do to gil farmers? Apart from what Agnaster suggested? Ban everyone to the almighty never-wrong reports from players? Hell, let me tell you something, 99% of the FF players called people gil farmers based on 1 of the following:-

- They camp NM.
                    - They anon.
                    - They don't reply to the almighty tell from the gil farmer hunters.
                    - They have crap gears yet they camp expensive NMs.
                    - They camp in group.
                    - They won claim over the sacred gil farmer hunters.
                    - They are chinese.
                    - They camp NM.
                    - They don't speak your godly language.
                    - I have never partied with them.

So, how many of us have been called a gil farmer behind our back now?

What's the alternate..? Sue IGE etc? They are in Hong Kong, law is different country to country, that's why they have their HQ in HK, knowing HK doesn't have law against RMT. Same reason why there are lots of copying in China and no one sued them about copyrights.

What can SE really do? I am not sure, but I know this petition will get us no where. Some say SE should just make a Chinese version to dump the gil farmers there, but I doubt that would help the situation at all, as they didn't play FF for fun, they play it for money, there isn't a point for them to move to chinese FF when they are earning hell a lot in our FF already.

Anyhow, the 1st step to fight gil farmer is stop the gil buyers, but that is also impossible, I do hope none of the member here in ffxionline.com buy gil.

Comment

Originally posted by Rones
                      Why do people even bother with internet petitions. I would like to see one example where an online petition actually caused a change.
                      Online petitions have saved or helped save 2 TV shows that got cancled unfairly and have been/will be given a chance to finish the series correctly.

FarScape: Last eppisode ended with "To be continued...", a online petition was created to help convice SciFi to continue the series. About a year latter we had a 4hr TV movie.

FireFly: Was cancled before it could even get off the ground by Fox. Fans grouped together and eventaly got enough support for a movie to be made that is due out Sep. 30. http://www.serenitymovie.com/

No Ifs Ands or Buts about it.
                      Rest of my sig

Comment

If you REALLY want to get their attention, you have to leave a paper trail. Emails are too easy and quickly disposed of. For a large company, paper communication has to make it up through the ranks before it can be tossed. So a letter writing campaign to flood them with a paper trail in a specific period of time would be the most effective. It would clog their resources and word would make it to the top. Start a campaign to write an actual letter and mail them within a 3 day time period. Its best to compose your own letter so they must read each unique piece they receive. But for the lazy have a pdf of a "fill in the blanks" letter for people to print out.
                        Originally posted by Feba
                        But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                        Originally posted by Taskmage
                        God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                        Originally posted by DakAttack
                        ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

The problem is SE is already aware of public opinion about gil buying/selling/hacking. Just because a bunch of people complain about it, doesn't make the solution to it any easier or more apparent. They've implemented many measures against it and they have to be sure with each one that it won't degrade play quality for their legitimate users.

If you have a good idea to stop whatever it is you dislike about the game, that won't adversely effect gameplay for everyone else, then by all means write a letter telling someone. But just complaining about it solves nothing.
                          Gatts - PLD75/WAR37
                          and you call your self a canadian

PiNG broke my sig and all I got was this T-shirt.

Comment

As usual, people think killing the supply will magically stop the demand.

They wouldnt be selling gil if people werent buying the gil.

75 BLU | THF | PLD

Comment

Sony is now selling pre leveled characters for their MMORPGS

Gil sellers are a part of our gaming reality. Trying to remove them entirely is like trying to remove all the drug dealers in our city. Its trying to eliminate one part of a larger problem. The time needed to get any where in these games is more than what some people are willing to spend and would rather just pay the money to circumvent that. Personally I have not had any problems with gil sellers in game, the only time I see them is when I mine in yughotto grott where 20 of them fish all day long.

36 War/15 Mnk/22 Thf/62 Pld/Bst 75/Nin 33/Whm 36/Blm 19/Cor 7
                              Full Af X2 • Rank 8 • Alchemy 65

Comment

Working...
                              X