This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Group, how does it work?

I been wondering this for a while, i heard two things about it.

1.) That it automatically accepts a party invite without confirmation. However this did not seem true..O_o

2.) It automatically forms a group with everyone else that has Autogroup in the area around the same level range. I am not sure about this however..

So what DOES autogroup do? O_o I always thought it was #1, but that doesnt seem to be the case.

Re: Auto Group, how does it work?

Originally posted by lionx
    2.) It automatically forms a group with everyone else that has Autogroup in the area around the same level range. I am not sure about this however..
    Supposedly thats what it does. But nobody uses it.
    "We're all stupid, so lets go adventure in our ignorance together!"
    http://www.cursetheyagudo.org/db/db....prof&name=Cade

Comment

Originally posted by lionx
      1.) That it automatically accepts a party invite without confirmation. However this did not seem true..O_o
      we've tested this theory a few hundred times in my dynamis LS, with no such luck. people would go afk during party making and we'd have to wait on them, so we tried autogrouping, but its useless, i'm not even sure #2 actually worked cause about 4 75s had it on and they sure didn't autogroup.

Keyura [Remora] ★ WHM52/BLM26 ★ BRD75/WHM37 ★ BLM62/WHM31 ★ SMN33/WHM16 ★ RNG15/WAR7 ★ BST19/WHM9 ★ (Active in Red)
      Greenkingdom LS to chat, Akui LS for sky, and Higeki LS for dynamis.
      Saroku [Unicorn] ★ WHM5 ★ (Active in Red)

Pingpong used his Masamune, but Keyura dodged! Pingpong's anger grows by 13.

Comment

It's supposd to activate when 6 people are seeking that can form a "suitable" party. SE told us that it comes up with some pretty odd combinations of players when enough people turn it on, and it doesn't ever form a balanced party. Players would rather invite people themselves to insure a balanced party.

Comment

My sky ls messed with it a bit while waiting to start god fights and it actually does try to build balanced parties. It's biggest problem is too few people using it.
          Whm 75 Blm 37 Brd 75 | Bastok Rank 10 | Whm > Rdm

Comment

So there has to be a minimum number of 6 people in order for it to activate..? If thats so then thats pretty...useless.

Rones: Define balanced? I mean is it worthwhile? Or does it just create a semi-workable party with 3 red mages? O_o

Comment

i've wondered the same thing

Take The Quiz Yourself!

Comment

In our tests it would try to get a healer, refresher/support, tank, and then fill the last three spots with DD. Didn't always create that exactly, but that looked to be the goal. I remember seeing it auto group with only 4-5 people if not enough were available, leaving them to fill out the rest of the party.
                Whm 75 Blm 37 Brd 75 | Bastok Rank 10 | Whm > Rdm

Comment

Working...
                X