X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: July 18th Patch Notes

Originally posted by Niwaar
    "New" Ex Drops -- Quite frankly I see this as an idiotic move on SE's part. Sure there are gilsellers monopolizing Ordelle's but really, how bad are the other camps? With the exception of Argus, I don't really see any of these as too horrible of camps.
    You're speaking about your own server. On our server, it's pretty bad. I mean ... really, nothing but gil sellers at almost any doable NM camp that drops anything remotely valuable now ...

The next question is, what does this do to Sniper's? Sure there are no more gilsellers in ordelle's, but this in turn is going to send the price of a single sniper's ring through the roof. Just look what removing astral from oztroja did to it (300k-1000k) in an extremely short interval.
    What removing them did was keep THFs from monopolizing the coffers, since other jobs needed their AF, it was VERY difficult to obtain the AF. Your complaint is pretty lame since that was the REAL reason why SE removed the ring from coffer in Oz (not because they cared about how expensive or cheap it was)
    My Stats

Comment

I think the point is, people are gonna bitch and moan regardless. Before, people griped about THFs monopolizing astrals, now that astrals are 1mill guess what people are bitching about? See my point?
      Typho - Elvaan - San d'Oria - Rank 10 - Titan

THF - 75 | RNG - 55 | NIN - 38 | WAR - 27 | WHM - 20 | SAM - 16 | MNK - 14 | BLM - 10

Comment

the O-BOW is a sweet crossbow weapon for rngs. it is by far the strongest marksmenship weapon they can get. an trust me i have spent alot of time in gustav tunnel as a 60 war, drk, an my time as a nin. an i can say more people were there while i was a nin then with my previous 2 jobs combined. the simple reason is that more players are rangers now for their second an third job. not to mention the insane price jump of the E-BOW. this will always cause people to seek out its almost better alternative.

as for leapin lizz camp or the emp camp. the problem was never sweat shop workers. the problem was 12 players standing around while 1 loser ran around an killed placeholders. to me that was the biggest problem with those areas.

as for ordelles caves archers rings getting a rare/exe version. if this does happen you wont see anything different then you did 2 days ago. now you will get sweatshop workers letting tons of rare/exe rings droppin while they search out the archer rings. or like it was stated earier, you will have them inviting you to join their pt so you can buy it. the effect of this will be felt on the leatherworkers, an then onto those who wish to buy an sniper ring.

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

Originally posted by ibroyles
          I think the point is, people are gonna bitch and moan regardless. Before, people griped about THFs monopolizing astrals, now that astrals are 1mill guess what people are bitching about? See my point?
          Yeah, but astrals it is possible to get them solo but it's been aparent to me that not to many know the solo area to get them and there's no way for a gil seller to monopolize it either.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Originally posted by little ninja
            as for ordelles caves archers rings getting a rare/exe version. if this does happen you wont see anything different then you did 2 days ago. now you will get sweatshop workers letting tons of rare/exe rings droppin while they search out the archer rings. or like it was stated earier, you will have them inviting you to join their pt so you can buy it. the effect of this will be felt on the leatherworkers, an then onto those who wish to buy an sniper ring.
            I think you're missing the point. No one wants an archer ring. It's only point in the game was to be turned into a sniper ring. Now that stroper chymes will be dropping EX archer rings, there's a high chance they'll be left completey alone. Who would really want to spend that much time for one?
            Gatts - PLD75/WAR37
            and you call your self a canadian

PiNG broke my sig and all I got was this T-shirt.

Comment

For what its worth, here's my take:

First off, I suggested a long time ago that the most commonly hunted money NM's should drop rare/ex versions of what they drop. Here's the catch. First time you get the drop, it's not rare/ex. Any time you camp it after that, you can only get a rare/ex drop, making it useless to spend your days in Gusta or Valkurm camping.

I think S-E took this and added a twist. This will probably take a while to figure out, but I'm certain that it will no longer be viable to camp LL or VE for profit.

As for Stroper Chyme, I'm not sure what to make of that, since the item it drops is not what people want. It's the final craft that they want. I can't see snipers going anywhere but up unless stroper chyme starts dropping a rare/ex sniper ring. maybe archers will be moved to ENM or BCNM and taken completely away from ordelles.

I think I like the thought of Aquarius being a lottery pop from steelshells rather than Robber Crabs (if that's what they intend to do). Much less likely to see a group of farmers killing steelshells to pop it than robbers. Thing is, Aquarius is much harder than a steelshell anyway, so if a group can kill Aqua, it can take the steelshells, although it would make it slightly less worth the effort for a very rare dropped cloth. Also, much more dangerous aggro lurking around the steelshell pond. Korrigans and Elders everywhere.

With this update, you can tell that SE is trying to fix problems that have been around for a while (stopping mob from going unclaimed is a perfect example- they may as well have said "This means you King Behemoth" in the description, as we all knew exactly what they were talking about), so I applaud them for that. Anything to keep the game fresh and interesting. At least they are ~trying~ to listen to the complaints and do something about them.
              FFXIV: ARR - Leviathan Server - 50 Bard, 47 Dragoon, 50 All crafts, 48 Botany, 48 Miner
              FFXI: Shiva Server

Comment

Ehh.. My two cents..

Lot of people seem to be concerned that gilsellers will just camp "the new NMs that drop" certain items. I've never known SE to use wording like "The method by which <blank> is attained has been changed" when they mean "A new and different NM will now drop this item." I think this means either BCNM drops or coffer item. I'm inclined to think BCNM drop, because I'm sure they don't want to get into the same issues we had before in Oztroja when Astral Rings came out of there.

Depending upon what BCNM will drop the items and what the drop rate on the items is at the BC fight, the price on these items could either plummet or skyrocket, or remain about the same. I think a lot of people will be more inclined to hunt their own EQUIVALENT items now that lizzy, emp, etc drop rare/ex versions, thereby creating a reduction in the overall demand for the non-rare/ex versions. All of these NMs are relatively easy and can be defeated by mid-level players, and without gil hunters (be there gilsellers or legit players who never figured out a better way to make $$ in game than NM camping) hunting these monsters, they'll be more likely to get the pull and will probably be able to get the rare/ex item in a couple of days trying.

Some people who don't have the time or just don't feel like doing it will still buy the non-rare/ex versions, but frankly, I don't see why you'd want to waste millions of gil when you can get basically the same item from a now MUCH LESS CAMPED NM.

I'm actually more interested in the NPC that can be called than in the changes in these four very overpriced NM drops (although archer rings aren't quite as overpriced as the others on Ramuh). This could change the way people play the game forever. I wonder whether there will be a limit on the number of times or how often you can call your NPC. If this is something you can do pretty much anytime you feel like doing (provided that you're in an "area where it's permitted," which I would guess to be any outdoor non-dungeon area) -

This could spell the end of PTing at lower levels. I certainly wouldn't have EVER PTed in Valkurm or Qufim if I could have duoed with an NPC, even with a 30% exp loss. Heck, you don't get good exp in those areas anyway because so many people don't know what they're doing or don't care.

I also wonder how the job of the NPC will be chosen. If you're an attacker, will it automatically become a supporter? If you're a supporter, will it automatically become an attacker? Will its job change as you level up different jobs? Do you choose its job? Does it even HAVE a job or does it just sort of pop out and whack stuff & heal you, being a jack-of-all-trades?

Interesting stuff.
                召75|吟75|黒75|赤75|戦72|白60|獣40|忍37| 暗37|シ37|ナ32|侍30|モ30|竜21|青14||か8| 狩7|コ7
                San D'oria: Rank 10 | Windurst: Rank 10 | Bastok: Rank 10 | Cooking: 97 | Zilart - Completed | CoP - Completed

Comment

Originally posted by Kosy
                  What removing them did was keep THFs from monopolizing the coffers, since other jobs needed their AF, it was VERY difficult to obtain the AF. Your complaint is pretty lame since that was the REAL reason why SE removed the ring from coffer in Oz (not because they cared about how expensive or cheap it was)
                  I would have to say, that I did this coffer for my AF before they removed it, it was NOT difficult. Did it take time and effort and was their competition running around trying for rings, yes. I am sorry if my arguement seems "lame" here and I know the real reason SE moved the rings, it does not change the fact that in retrospect this was a bad move imho. The users are NOT always right. Changing this hurt more people than it helped, and quite frankly having to fight for a coffer isn't such a bad thing, and yes it took me 3 days to get my damn Bard pants. Yes, SE doesnt care how expensive/cheap things are, if they did they wouldnt make stuff like cashmere only "really" obtainable by the masses by an extremely dangerous 8million gil desynth. They do need to start thinking in the bigger picture though. Moving of Archer Rings, and making the ex... if the new ex rings are craftable into snipers, it will just be all the crafter's down there hunting them. If the new rings arent, and are just plain archers. . . well realistically who here as actually used an Archer's Ring? They are farmed to craft, not to use as they are.

As for my server's campers . . . I am sure there are gilfarmer's camping Emp and Lizzy, but I for one know that a few of the people that camp Emp regularly aren't gilsellers, but just thieves and rangers and dark knight's looking to make themselves some gil. While this will make the gilseller's move on and create camps for ex items for people. It will also make the legitimate farmer from making gil as well. More and more the typical farmer can't farm. The old ways of making gil are more and more getting to be unprofitable, and more and more go to nm's and now they are taking some of those away. Its a double edged sword, by doing this. Sure right now it is being lauded by those who want the items, but if they really wanted to lower gilsellers, they would have reduced the more high dollar items to xp while leaving the lower ones alone. Simply making an alternative would have been better imho.
                  75BRD, 75NIN, 75SMN, 67RDM, 56WHM
                  Rank 10 Windurst | Rank 10 Bastok | Rank 8 Sand'Oria
                  Zilart COMPLETE | Promathia COMPLETE
                  Smithing 78+1 Cooking 60 Fishing 21

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?3004
                  http://niwaar.livejournal.com

Comment

moving AQ to the upper teir crabs will do a few things in my opinion. first you will have exp groups able to exp decently on robbers without higher lvlers trying to pop AQ. the problem is moving it to the steelshell area. not only are players gonna have a harder time after they claim AQ of not getting aggroed, but the fact that it will take more players from a group to do it. but then you think about those players who exp on steelshells will then take a hit. could they possibly take it out of the water area intirely? i know C.C.C's placeholders are in the water pools. but it pops outside the water pool on dry land near the bridge.

if they do make archers into the next astral ring. then history will repeat itself. since astrals almost tripled from those days 300k to 900k+. whats this going to mean for the archer rings?? they are 700k right now?? 1mil + ???

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

Only guilders buy archer rings - that's the difference between astrals and archers.

And what's this talk about Aquarius being moved to the upper level? What we know: a) The drops of an NM in boyahda has been changed (Most likely: Aquarius no longer drops Damascus cloth, is what's suspected) b) boyahda is one of the many areas that has monster distribution layout changed.

These two changes are not directly related to each other and there is no reason to assume they are moving Aquarius anywhere.
                      Gatts - PLD75/WAR37
                      and you call your self a canadian

PiNG broke my sig and all I got was this T-shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Xuande
                        Only guilders buy archer rings - that's the difference between astrals and archers.

And what's this talk about Aquarius being moved to the upper level? What we know: a) The drops of an NM in boyahda has been changed (Most likely: Aquarius no longer drops Damascus cloth, is what's suspected) b) boyahda is one of the many areas that has monster distribution layout changed.

These two changes are not directly related to each other and there is no reason to assume they are moving Aquarius anywhere.
                        I was speculating that they might move Aqua, nothing more. Makes sense, if you think about it... having an NM pop in an area where the other monsters are like 1/100 it's strength is kinda dumb. I never understood this logic with Bloodtear/Steelfleece either.

Oh well, whatever they do is fine. If it only drops Fransisca from now on, it will make it easier for rangers to get it. Makes up for the painstaking Wyvernpoacher Drachlox camp they have to go through.
                        FFXIV: ARR - Leviathan Server - 50 Bard, 47 Dragoon, 50 All crafts, 48 Botany, 48 Miner
                        FFXI: Shiva Server

Comment

Originally posted by little ninja
                          if they do make archers into the next astral ring. then history will repeat itself. since astrals almost tripled from those days 300k to 900k+. whats this going to mean for the archer rings?? they are 700k right now?? 1mil + ???
                          Don't forget what it stated in the patch notes;
                          The way that the following items are acquired has been changed:Archer Ring, etc..

Meaning that its quite possible that Archer Rings will be obtainable through BCNM, ENM, or even a Repeatable Quest. Where in that case, the price would drop dramatically because everyone will have access to it.
                          | SMN 75 | BRD 75 | WHM 37 | RDM 37 | BLM 37 | THF 37
                          Zenith Armor: 5/5 (Complete)
                          Bard AF2 Armor: 3/5
                          Summoner AF2 Armor: 5/5 (Complete)

Comment

It wouldn't surprise me to see Archer Rings appear as an ENM or BCNM 30 or 40 drop. That would simultaneously limit the flow of such items, and prevent monopolization by crafters. Same for Leapers, Peacock Charm, and Emp. Hairpin.

Icemage

Comment

What I wonder is how far will Gilsellers go.

Will they actually have characters that can craft?

Will they actually go about doing BCNM or ENMs?

If they will.........then things will never change. They would just be normal players but have no life but to get gil (lol, like most of us don't do this at some point in our FFXI career ^^)

Comment

Gil Sellers have bought BCNM orbs before... wouldnt surprise me if they've already tried to BCNM.

Comment

Working...
                                X