X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restarting.

Hi guys.
    I recently quit WoW and am thinking about returning to my roots in FFXI. However, there is a version coming out for the Xbox 360 soon. Do you think its a good time to start again? Or wait till theres a rush of people to play with?

Re: Restarting.

Either way there will be people to play with. But if you already know what your doing you might want to come before the noob haven begins.

Warrior TP Warrior WS

Comment

Xbox version with have better graphics(only slightly).

Comment

Not better graphics necessarily; simply higher draw-rate and possible higher framerate, something which will hopefully become available for PC users in the next expansion.
        PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
        Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
        WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
        Currently Playing:
        FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

Originally posted by Pai Pai Master
          Not better graphics necessarily; simply higher draw-rate and possible higher framerate, something which will hopefully become available for PC users in the next expansion.
          I dont see why they wouldnt other then lazyness on SEs part...shit alot more computer have 1 gig of ram now...they can make it happen easy...

Comment

Originally posted by sleepness
            recently quit WoW and am thinking about returning
            If I had a dime for every time...

Comment

If you already know how to play the game, I would avoid coming back at a time where you'll have a greater chance of being stuck in an all noob party in valk or qufim. So, IMO, the sooner you come back, the greater your chances of keeping your sanity.

TheCraft - Crafting Linkshell
              Personality Tests

Comment

Plus if you come back now, the Return to Vanadiel comaign is still open til July 13th so you can get your old chars back - no need to start over completely.
                Plus, nothing's stopping you from getting the 360 version when it's released - your account will work on that too.
                Author of POLUtils (with forums here).

Comment

Hello im thinking of quitting WoW to come back to ffxi too only thing isa i dont know if my acc will still work any suggestions on which server i should go to im looking for a server with a medium to high pop of english speaking players dont wanna come back to JP Only stuff ^_^''

Comment

well, if you play after 2AM pacific time, you'll end up among many many JPs regardless of servers xD
                    There really are a good amount of english players on all servers. You just have to play at the right time.
                    There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                    but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                    transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Originally posted by Roxtar
                      If I had a dime for every time...
                      Quoted for emphasis.

Originally posted by Madison
                      Hello im thinking of quitting WoW to come back to ffxi too only thing isa i dont know if my acc will still work any suggestions on which server i should go to im looking for a server with a medium to high pop of english speaking players dont wanna come back to JP Only stuff ^_^''
                      O look, another one.

Wow, nice going WOW, you totally suck and you're still fresh out of the box ^^.
                      signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Hi, I've recently started again. Tried reviving my old JP account but I deleted the characters ; ;

I'm on Asura level 15 Mnk currently trying to get my subjob items. But yeah there are a lot of new and experienced players around and I have no problem getting a PT. Lots of English speaking players.

So if your on Asura give us a whirl.

Keshin
                        Keshin is back!

Comment

Just wanted to let some of the returning players know that if you quit around the time WoW came out (last October I believe) then your characters will still be renewable. I don't mean through the return to vanadiel campaign. Back in October SE apparently changed their policy so all content id's now have a full YEAR before they will be removed entirely. I quit back in January and plan to return in August and sure enough all my ids were waiting in my account to be renewed. :D

36 War/15 Mnk/22 Thf/62 Pld/Bst 75/Nin 33/Whm 36/Blm 19/Cor 7
                          Full Af X2 • Rank 8 • Alchemy 65

Comment

Originally posted by Balfree
                            Quoted for emphasis.

Wow, nice going WOW, you totally suck and you're still fresh out of the box ^^.
                            The hell is that supposed to mean!?

Comment

It means FFXI players keep coming back.

Oh and....

KESHIN!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X