This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ballista Tier List

In a variety of fighting games for online and offline consoles, for the most part you can always find a "Tier List" on some forum or message board. These Tier Lists are usually player selected, and basically they tell you which characters are the strongest and which characters are the weakest.

Examples are like Magneto/Storm/Sentinel/Cable are God-Tier in Marvel vs Capcom 2. Meaning they are generally the characters which are the best in the game. Also Fox/Shiek/Marth/Captain Falco being Top-Tier's in Super Smash Bros. Melee.

I would like to see if we can create a Tier List for FFXI's Ballista. I'm sure many of us have experienced it and know which jobs to run away from, and which jobs you stand a chance at killing.

(For the sake of Simplicity, Refer to LV.75 Capped Ballista, No Items involved, and use the best subjob you can think of for it.)

God Tier(The Forces to be reckoned with)
    Monk
    Red Mage
    Black Mage

High Tier
    Ninja
    Ranger
    Samurai

Mid Tier
    Warrior
    Thief
    Dark Knight
    Beastmaster
    Dragoon

Low Tier
    Paladin
    White mage
    Bard
    Summoner

Of course these are just my personal opinions, and I am sure that alot of flame arguments will be brought up but try to keep them to yourself. Let's hear some constructive criticism on the matter, you can say which jobs should move up in the list, and which jobs should move down and I'll make changes (or something). Or even make an entirely new list on your own.

Discuss~
    | SMN 75 | BRD 75 | WHM 37 | RDM 37 | BLM 37 | THF 37
    Zenith Armor: 5/5 (Complete)
    Bard AF2 Armor: 3/5
    Summoner AF2 Armor: 5/5 (Complete)

Re: Ballista Tier List

From what i gather, bard can easily be in the top tier if they have no problems spamming horde lullaby. I know its cheap and frowned upon but it doesnt stop some ppl from doing it and definately being ppl you dont want to be near...ever.
    I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Beastmaster can kick ass... sick a pet on someone and watch the fun. (Sicking it on someone who doesn't suspect it/doesn't see you is even better.
      RDM75| DRG75

Comment

Bard should be mid-tier due to lullaby and generally always protected. Dragoon would be mid-tier if they had their Wyvern up (which is never), otherwise they would be considered low-tier. I have more trouble killing Paladins and White mages than I do Dragoons.

Comment

White Mages have Hexa Strike if were talking one vs one duels. Thats nothing to scoff at.

Windurst Rank 10. ZM14. CoP M5-2.
          RDM->62 (AF Completed), MNK->62 (AF Completed).

Comment

Are we just talking about how much damage they can do to kill another 1v1 and how fast they fall? O_o I actually think DRG is high/mid tier instead of being the lower mid tiers. Bard and Summoner are pretty nasty as well with AoE Sleep and siccing of pets...as well as Beastmaster.

Comment

I never had the chance to play ballista so can anyone explain y mnk is god tier?
              noein 萌え

kagerou1.deviantart.com

Comment

MNKs literally DESTORY anything, high damage and a huge HP pool to keep themselves alive, as well as stuff like Chakra...

I honestly think Ranger goes up to one of the "God-Tiers", and I also agree with other posters above that Bards should be at least mid-tier, considering that they can use Lullaby to keep themselves alive for...ever?
                Sony NW-E507 [wishlist]

Comment

Originally posted by Kagerou
                  I never had the chance to play ballista so can anyone explain y mnk is god tier?
                  High HP
                  High Vitality and Self-Buffing Combat Skills (Boost, Focus, etc..)
                  Self-Heal (Chakra)
                  Powerful WS with Fast TP-gain(Asuran Fists)
                  Double/Triple Attacks for removing Utsusemi/Blink Quickly.
                  Fairly low Delay in-between attacks which Interrupts spell casting.
                  Counter Job Trait, severly injures high delay weapons.

Top em off with a NIN Subjob for Utsusemi, and they are nearly undefeatable.
                  | SMN 75 | BRD 75 | WHM 37 | RDM 37 | BLM 37 | THF 37
                  Zenith Armor: 5/5 (Complete)
                  Bard AF2 Armor: 3/5
                  Summoner AF2 Armor: 5/5 (Complete)

Comment

Off Topic : /poke Teffie PSO BB Epsiode 4 is so hard >.<

On Topic :

Nice to see RDM up top =P i've never tried to do Ballista.. but i might pick it up someday... but right now i'm trying to recover my lost items (Lost all my items.... everything.... my cursed items, af , AF 2, Joy.. everything ; ; )
                    Kelenae - Ramuh - Mithra Female - Windurst Rank 10 - Gone?
                    Dirtha - Taru Taru Female - Windurst Rank 2 - Gone?
                    www.twitter.com/kelenaev (|Please check it|)

Comment

Well, level does have an effect of this. But I think that a Drk should be in the same tier as Sam . Equipment, subs and skill all have huge effects, but a drk has soo much more available to him, from bind, sleep(1+2), bio, drain, and relatively powerful ws (depending on lv).
                      Kujata server:

Reneki: Elvann/Male

DRK lv 60/ Mnk lv32/ War lv28
                      Thf lv30/ Whm lv28/ SAM lv21

Elias: Taru/Male
                      Rdm lv11

Comment

Are RDMs as good against player opponent MNKs in Ballista as they are against mob MNKs in game? I always find a MNK to pose no threat when I'm soloing, and they usually have higher HP than players.
                        RDM70 | BLM37 | WHM18 | BST12

Comment

Originally posted by kazuri
                          I honestly think Ranger goes up to one of the "God-Tiers"
                          Depends on the Rng. Not all rng are created equal. A Rng that uses a variety of ammo (sleep, acid, silence, atk down, etc.) is better than a rng that only uses one type of amo for example. But, yeah, if you get a rng that can macro different ammo against different jobs, perhaps hcan be Godly. But, I agree that most rng prolly fit into the High tier.

Title: Sergeant Major
                          SAM75, RNG75, PUP75, PLD60, My NPC65
                          Bastok Rank 10, San d'Oria Rank 10, Windurst Rank 10
                          Missions: Completed/Zilart Completed/CoP Completed/ToAU: Playing the Part-Sergeant Major
                          Midgardsormr|Cactuar (MNK51)

Comment

i would put war to good ^^ all about the versitality
                            http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?71797

58WAR/36NIN/31THF/24MNK/32SAM Rank6

Comment

Are WHMs really that useless? ; ; i feel horrible..

Comment

Working...
                              X