Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Common Used Phrases Ingame (Japanese Translation)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Common Used Phrases Ingame (Japanese Translation)

    If anyone speaks japanese do you think you could post some translations..

    I tried translating Hello! And it translated to ã?“ã‚“ã?«ã?¡ã?¯! but when I translated it back it translated to Today!

    Anyone can post the translations of;

    Hello!
    Would you like to team up and get experience points?
    Thank you for letting me join your party.
    Congradulations!
    I'm sorry!
    Thank you!
    Please!

    And any other useful ones

    Thanks in advance
    www.ex-online.com
    LiveJournal
    NIN75 THF75 RNG75 WAR75 BST66 DRG64
    レベル

  • #2
    I'm sorry, I don't know most of those.

    Thank you = Domo Arigato (As in Mr. Roboto)

    Here are some rarer phrases to use:

    What is the name of the player you just cast invisible on?
    = Hu Yu Hai Ding?

    I'm sorry, I didn't mean to bump into you, Mr. Taru.
    = Ai Bang Mai Nee

    Hey, that's a nice chocobo, Mr. Taru.
    = Yu On A Thai Nee Bur Dee

    Nice to meet you, Mr. PS2 User.
    = Yu Nu Bee, Go Ah Wai

    (These are a joke btw, but I assume you all figured that out)

    Comment


    • #3
      well...

      Hello! = Yorosiku~ = よã‚?ã?—ã??
      Congratulations! = Omedetou~ (ome short) = ã?Šã‚?
      Thank you! = Arigatou = �リガ�
      You're welcome/No problem = ieie (ie itself = no)
      Welcome back = Okaeri = ���リ
      That's nice of you = onegaishimasu

      That's all that comes to mind atm. ._.~

      But oh, I just re-read.. do you mean you want to know the hiragana/kanji? *edit* There, I'm not sure on the rest. :\
      BRD75/WHM75/BLM75/RDM75/SMN70/NIN67/MNK33/WAR33/THF15/etc
      Race: Elvaan. I just like to play with race changer. :3
      Zilart, CoP completed
      Vrtra downed.

      San d'Oria Rank 10 & Windurst Rank 10
      FFXI journal

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Common Used Phrases Ingame (Japanese Translation)

        Originally posted by Stanislav
        If anyone speaks japanese do you think you could post some translations..

        I tried translating Hello! And it translated to ã?“ã‚“ã?«ã?¡ã?¯! but when I translated it back it translated to Today!

        Anyone can post the translations of;

        Hello!
        Would you like to team up and get experience points?
        Thank you for letting me join your party.
        Congradulations!
        I'm sorry!
        Thank you!
        Please!

        And any other useful ones

        Thanks in advance
        in the order you asked.

        -konbanwa!
        -isshoni reberu agemasuka?(should we raise levels together?)
        -dont know, I just say 'yoroshiku' when joining a PT, it means nice to meet you
        -omedetou!
        -gomennasai(or sumimasenn)
        -arigatou
        -onegaishimasu

        -oyasumi is goodnight
        -tadaima is I am back
        -okaeri is welcome back
        -ikimasyouka is where are we going
        -I think, im not sure, but if you add a place in front of ikimasyouka you ask, should we go to this place. ex. boya ikimasyouka? should be Should we go to boyahda?
        -arimasu is I have. ex. kazamu pasu arimasu is I have kazahm pass.
        -wakarimasu is I understand
        -wakarimasenn is I dont understang
        -ryoukai is understood(like if they tell you renkei or something, say that)
        -norimasu is im getting on(the chocobo)
        -sugu modoru ato x punn is I will be back in x minutes(i think this grammar really sucks)
        -watashiha eigo desu is I am english.
        -nihongo wa amari dekinai no is I can understand a little Japanese

        now, some of these are horrible grammar, and I hope someone that knows a bit more JP than me can correct me.

        by the way, konnichiwa means good morning.

        Comment


        • #5
          Can you guys post them in the japanese form?
          I want to make macros out of them =P
          www.ex-online.com
          LiveJournal
          NIN75 THF75 RNG75 WAR75 BST66 DRG64
          レベル

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Stanislav
            Can you guys post them in the japanese form?
            I want to make macros out of them =P
            >.> just type them out how I wrote them in kana...

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Xile


              >.> just type them out how I wrote them in kana...
              I tried >_> But I am afraid of typing the wrong thing and end up running it through the translator and getting the wrong thing :sweat:
              www.ex-online.com
              LiveJournal
              NIN75 THF75 RNG75 WAR75 BST66 DRG64
              レベル

              Comment


              • #8
                Hm.... I thought there were many forms of "Hello" each depending on the time of day

                Like I thought in the morning you say something like "Ohayou Gozaimasu" and in the afternoon you use "Konnichiwa" and the evening is "Konbanwa"

                and I though thanks had different levels as well. Like "Arigatou" is just a regular thanks and "Domo Arigatou Gozaimasu" was like a "THANK YOU VERY MUCH!"

                I don't know I may be wrong. I'm just asking to make sure. Please tell me if I'm wrong

                Comment


                • #9
                  im not claiming to be a JPN expert, but konnichiwa is NOT good morning... its DIRECT translation is not even "Good afternoon". the DIRECT translation is "it is today". Konnichi = This day, wa = particle to mark topic. So, that means, it is this day! don't ask me why that means good afternoon... can't remember.
                  (this is the same behind Good Evening, which is konbanwa, konban = this evening)

                  also, asking "where are we going?" is:
                  doko ni (or he) ikimasuka?

                  where SHALL we go is:
                  doko ni (or he) ikimashouka?

                  yoroshiku has more of a "nice to meet you" connotation. I think this is what (Hello!) translate out to... (maybe yoroshikuonegaishimasu, which is like "please take care of me...")

                  the use of gozaimasu has a very honorific statement, so it is appropriate to say arigatou gozaimasu, ohayo gozaimasu, to someone you don't know very well. If you know the person well, you can speak in more casual form.

                  Anyways, in the end, I think its better that you just use the translator unless you understand JP... not that its bad to say JP phrases like "omedetou", thats perfectly fine. What I'm talking about is people who flag J (instead of JE), and use all translator attempting to pretend to be JP... then when you try to speak JP to them, they don't respond ... Also, if you speak to someone in JP, they may get the impression that you understand JP, and when they find out you really don't, they may be upset (might not leave your pt, etc, but upset nonetheless) :sweat:

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Why not just use the translator, instead of saying a few lines in Japanese, and then they spew back a huge garble of unreadable japanese because they think you know it? :confused:
                    Xccoortri: 63Brd - RETIRED
                    Wiggin: 20Thf/10War - Current

                    BCNM Completed 35 times. Best time: 14:53

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Common Used Phrases Ingame (Japanese Translation)

                      Originally posted by Stanislav
                      I tried translating Hello! And it translated to ã?“ã‚“ã?«ã?¡ã?¯! but when I translated it back it translated to Today!
                      just so u know...

                      "�ん���" can be written as "今日�" when Kanji is used. (whether Kanji is used or not, both r correct.) however, when u say "今日" alone without "�" it means "today."

                      they r even pronounced differently. while "今日�" is "konnichiwa" like some others mentioned, "今日" is "kyou." also, when "今日�" is followed by the sentence, or to say it more correctly, when it's a part of the sentence, it's treated as "kyou." for instance, "今日�寒���" means "it's cold today," and in this case "今日�" is treated as "today is," not as "konnichiwa" of greetings. thus, it's pronounced as "kyou wa."


                      either the translator u used is wrongly assuming that u r trying to traslate just "今日," u have wrongly assumed "�" part doesn't mean anything and u got rid of it when u put it in a translator, or the translator isn't smart enough to recognize "今日�" as "konnichiwa."

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Re: Common Used Phrases Ingame (Japanese Translation)

                        The way I say it (No JP input, work computer):

                        Hello - Ohayou (Good Morning), Konnichiwa (Good Afternoon, Konbanwa (Good Evening), Yo (Super Casual)
                        Would you like to team up ... - Standard invite sentence is '[hello], LvXX-YY no[list of jobs] nandesuga, isshouni reberu agemasen ka?
                        Thank you for letting me join your party - Yoro- Yoroshiku and Yoroshiku Onegaishimasu are the most common first greetings, in increasing politeness.
                        Congratulations - Ome- Omedetou and Omedetou Gozaimasu, in increasing politeness.
                        I'm sorry! - Sumimasen or Gomenasai
                        Thank you! - Arigatou Gozaimasu (polite). Commonly used short-form: Domo, Domo-, Ari-, Ariri, etc. Kinda like the english equivalent of 'thx.'
                        Please - This one is tricky, might be different in different situations/context, but Onegaishimasu is probably your safest bet. Example: "Dispel, please" could be either Disuperu Onegaishimasu, Disuperu Yoro, Disuperu Yoroshiku, etc.

                        Originally posted by Xile

                        -ikimasyouka is where are we going
                        -ryoukai is understood(like if they tell you renkei or something, say that)
                        -watashiha eigo desu is I am english.
                        -nihongo wa amari dekinai no is I can understand a little Japanese
                        Ikimashouka - By itself, it means 'shall we go,' or 'let's go!'
                        Watashiwa Eigo Desu - This means 'I am the English Language!'
                        Nihongo wa amari dekinai no - I'd say this is more along the lines of 'I can't really speak/understand Japanese.'

                        One thing you gotta watch when typing your macros is that certain words are typed and pronounced differently in romajii. Example being, 'good afternoon' is pronounced Konnichiwa, but I type it konnitiha ...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Whee.

                          Some/most of these have already been convered but whatever here you go. Have fun.

                          ����� - �� - omedetou - ome = congratulations. ome is more like "grats"
                          �り��� - �り - arigatou - ari = thanks. ari is like "thx"
                          �も/��も/etc domo/doumo/etc = casual "thanks"
                          ������� (����) - onegaisimasu (onegai) = please but in a begging sort of way, depending on context

                          ��よ������ (��よ(�)) - ohayougozaimasu (ohayo(u)) = Good morning. ohayo(u) (add the u if you want) is more casual)
                          �ん���(今日�) - konnitiha (konnitiha in kanji) = hello (good afternoon sort of thing)
                          �ん�ん�(今晩�) - konbanha (konbanha in kanji) = good evening
                          �や�����(�や��) - oyasuminasai (oyasumi) = good night ("going to sleep" sort of good night)

                          ã?„ã?£ã?¦ã??ã?¾ã?™ - ittekimasu = "i'm leaving" although best used when you're leaving home for school or something. Generally online you can be like "AFK" and that's fine which leads to...
                          ���ら�ゃ� (���ら) - itterasyai (ittera) = I'm not really sure how to put this in English. Somewhat like "take care" but it isn't. Anyway, this is the response to someone going "ittekimasu" (or just saying "AFK")
                          ã?Ÿã?Ÿã?„ã?¾ - tadaima = I'm back
                          ���り��� (���り) (��) - okaerinasai (okaeri) (oka) = welcome back

                          ����ん�一緒�レベル���ん�?今赤白黒�ナ66-67
                          sumimasen, issyoni reberu simasenka? ima aka siro kuro samurai na 66-67
                          Literally "excuse me, shall we level together? Currently RDM WHM BLM SAM PLD 66-67)
                          Of course you'd modify it as needed.

                          ��り�� - wakarimasu = to understand. Not really used.
                          ��り��� - wakarimasita = understood
                          ��り��ん - wakarimasen = I don't understand
                          りょ��� - ryoukai = "roger that"

                          乗り��(�り��) - norimasu = "to ride" ie. when riding a chocobo
                          ç?€ã??ã?¾ã?—ã?Ÿ(ã?¤ã??ã?¾ã?—ã?Ÿ) - tukimasita = "i've arrived"/I've reached destination

                          ____��り�� - _____ga arimasu = ____ exists. Or "I have ____"
                          ____��り��ん - _____ ga arimasen = ____ doesn't exist. Or "I don't have ____"

                          日本語��ょ����り�� - nihongo ga tyotto wakarimasu = I somewhat understand Japanese.
                          ��_____人�� (��� � ____�ん��) (ie アメリカ人) - watasi ha ____jin desu (ie. amerikajin = American)

                          �� - hai = yes
                          ã?„ã?„ã?ˆ - iie = no
                          ã?„ã?ˆ - ie = also no. Use hiragana. Don't end up with å®¶ (house)
                          ���� - ieie = Basically "no problem"
                          �������� - douitasimasite = Don't mention it (response to "arigatou")

                          ã?‚ã?®ã?†ã€?誟ã‚?ã?¾ã?›ã‚“;マクミã?‹ã‚‰æ—¥æœ¬èªžã?§ã??ã?®è¨€è‘‰ã‚’書ã?‘ã?¾ã?™...
                          anou, yomemasenï¼›makuro kara nihongo de sono kotoba wo kakemasu...
                          Er, I can't read (that); Because of a macro I can type those words in Japanese...

                          5分後�戻り���待��� (edit<<I'm using a JP word processor [I haven't installed the Microsoft JP IME on this laptop] [NJStar if you want to know] and its encoding is being an ass and keeps giving me ta instead of ne so I'll just use a different form. Anyway same meaning.)
                          5pun ato de modorimasu, mattete.
                          I'll be back in 5 minutes, please wait
                          ã?Šå¾…ã?¡ã??ã?Ÿã?•ã?„ - omatikudasai = really polite form of "please wait."

                          _____ã??ã?Ÿã?•ã?„ - ____ kudasai = Please _____ (ie. dispel kudasai = dispel please)
                          Also if you use the te form of a verb (okay not really time for te form) it'd become Please _whatever verb_ (ie. kite kudasai - please come, moratte kudasai - please receive, etc)

                          ����ん - sumimasen = excuse me/sorry
                          ��ん��� (��ん�) - gomennasai (gomen ne) - sorry (and informal sorry)

                          助���� - tasukete!! - "help me" but more like "save me I'm gonna die"
                          You know when people use "Help me out!" using the translator? Yeah, this is what you get.

                          よã‚?ã?—ã??(よã‚?ã?—ã??ã?Šé¡˜ã?„ã?—ã?¾ã?™) - yorosiku (yorosiku onegaisimasu) = "Please take care of me." This is what you say upon joining PT. It's kinda hard to explain it in English, you just ...uh, understand it.

                          ps. I use ti for chi, sya for sha, si for shi, etc.

                          Learn your kana (hiragana and katakana)! It'll help a bit (not much since you don't have too much of a vocabulary to work with).

                          To Kawaru: yeah, I'm seeing it too. Don't know what's wrong.
                          commands, sir?:alright,head them off:get up, soldier:it's gonna break, get down here・・・

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            A few things:

                            Nihongo wa amari dekinai no - I'd say this is more along the lines of 'I can't really speak/understand Japanese.'
                            It's actually "I can do(speak) Japanese a little." With words like ��り, the negative form of the verb is used, even though it doesn't mean "I can't do X."


                            5分後�戻り���待���
                            5pun ato de modorimasu, matte ne
                            With 5, 分 is pronounced "fun," not "pun." You romanized matte ne, when you typed matteta, in Japanese. "Matteta" means "I(he, she, whoever) was waiting." It's a compound of the gerund matte + the past tense of iru. So there's quite a difference between that Japanese and the romanization you wrote. And 待��下�� is probably better for "please wait" than 待���. To me, the latter has a sound like "wait, ok?" 待���� would also be a more polite variety.


                            I don't mean to pick, and for sure, most of the information in this thread is accurate. But it's sad when people shout in Shakhrami "raisu kodusai." Rice does not = raise. :spin:

                            Edit: Disregard what I wrote above(removed now) about "onegai shimasu" being misspelled. It showed "otagaishimasu" on my screen. After I wrote my correction, mine was also showing as "otagaishimasu." I edited it and it still shows this. Also, forget most of what I said about matteta/mattene. Is something wrong with the boards? Even in my edit it's showing my own matte ne as matteta. Ta keeps going where I know for sure I typed ne. Is anyone else seeing that?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              i dont understand the purpose of these posts... sure its ok for people to learn how to say things in roumanji like hello, etc, but making japanese macros for these things is just hurting the NA community. Unless you actually can understand/write (in roumanji) some japanese, then its really not a good idea to make japanese macros... why? Well, you give the false impression that you can fully understand japanese, and then when they invite you to their pt, they realize you really cant. Not saying that a party cant function if you can't understand jp, but the IMPRESSION you gave was that you can, and it truth, you really can't. If I was a JP person, I would be pissed. Like I've said in my previous posts, just stick to the auto-translator, ESPECIALLY when trying to invite a JP person to a PT. Go ahead and use some simple phrases like hello, congrats, etc in roumanji, but its really pointless to try to make sentences in JP unless you understand the language. and trust me, most JP can understand basic, basic english, so turning these basic, basic english phrases (like I have etc) is pretty pointless.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X