X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PUP reputation in this server?

topic^

Re: PUP reputation in this server?

They rock socks in a locked box on a train in Spain.

Comment

Puppetmaster used to have a bad reputation, but I don't hear anyone complaining about them much any more. They've been given so much power--practically every update since they came out has had something for them.

Their DPS rivals most top end DD's, but like most jobs, and their WS is know high-end as well--it's the bad players that everyone focuses on. A good PUP knows how to keep the automaton alive. A bad PUP gets wiped and ends up meleeing sans associate. This is what people are afraid of when they invite a PUP.

Just remember that the Master without his Puppet is not a Puppetmaster--he's just a gimped MNK in cloth armor.

Comment

thank you for your input ..
        I have a character here created him a year ago, my highest level 26 (was new , and still new), I was going to delete him but thought better do a little investigation, I have a few other question I'll ask here (avoiding spamming..):
        - how is the AH now? still "newp killer" prices?
        - how is the low level area? still kick'n or become even harder to find a group?
        - what's the rarest tradeskill in the server? if you don't know, which one of these is the rarest: Cooking <> Alchemy ?
        - and finally, if you have the option to move your character to another server for free(with all your friends and families and children..etc)...are you gonna do it? and where to?

ty again..
        peace..
        Last edited by Flanteus; 03-22-2008, 09:59 PM.

Comment

The last time crafting data was widely available was in 2005, unfortunately.

The 5th Vana'diel Census (05/16/2005) - FFXIclopedia - a Wikia Gaming wiki

and the answers to your questions (from 2005) are:

Rarest (Craftsman) Tradeskill: #1: Goldsmithing, #2: Bonecraft
          Rarer of Cooking/Alchemy: Alchemy

The AH still has "tiers". Most common equipment is more accessible now due to periodic deflation caused by STFU. The deflation is fairly stable now, and continues based on other market forces such as saturation. "Uber" gear is still astronomically expensive in comparison to more mundane gears.

The nature of FFXI creates a situation in which fewer people, progressively, will be fewer. Therefore, the population in lower level areas is lower, so there is less of a selection, but I have been rarely without a party in my recent levellings (I did WAR from 20-37 and SAM from 1-37 over the last 2 weeks on Asura).

I cannot answer for your server specifically.

Comment

I see, nice info

I didnt understand this..

Most common equipment is more accessible now due to periodic deflation caused by STFU

ty

Comment

Originally posted by Flanteus View Post
              I see, nice info

I didnt understand this..

ty
              Square-Enix set up a Special Task Force to nail cheaters and real money traders a couple years ago, and they've been taking a continual and steady toll on the gilseller populations in the game, to the point where the value of gil has gone up dramatically. Prices are literally 10% of what they used to be, which is great if you made a lot of money back in the day and didn't spend much... and not so great if you spent most of it.

Icemage

Comment

I see

are you stalking me?
                kidding .

thank you again .

Comment

GHOST SERVER..

ah I remember it was very alive and populated what happened?
                  anyway it was busy week for me lately I dont have the heart to make a new character after all I've done

started where I left at level 26 RDM with 1 key year and half ago , for khazam whatever pass:
                  day one:
                  getting the 2 keys left + wondering around trying to catch up with anything..(done)
                  day 2:
                  leveled to 30 so I can start doing new jobs quests (done)
                  day 3:
                  trying to complete The Road to Aht Urhgan by gathering 6 items (not done)
                  I don't know how the hell I'm gonna finish PUP quest...but still good ppl out there

Comment

GHOST SERVER..
                    It's probably not a ghost server. Most of the people on it are likely level 75 and don't go down level very often.

Comment

hmm maybe
                      Its just seems more empty than before is there any new AH linked?
                      and what hour ppl start to show usually? "peak time" ?

Comment

I don't know how the hell I'm gonna finish PUP quest...but still good ppl out there
                        That's actually a rather easy quest ^^ No Strings Attached - FFXIclopedia - a Wikia Gaming wiki
                        and there's a walkthrough! you might be able to get some one in Whitegate to show you the way as well, I've had little to no time to play FFXI due to school, work, girlfriend and what not's but hitting level 30 and getting puppetmaster have been a great joy since i've come back to the game.
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm in my way pretty soon
                          but I'm afraid of mobs there I might not be able to pass the area to get the item needed

today I'll play as PUP! <---
                          ty for the link

Comment

Working...
                          X