Grouping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grouping?

Hey I joined FFXI yesterday, and ever since then, I have only seen 3 people at the same level as me
    Everyone else is lvl 50 and up.
    So, if there are any lvl 1-10's then please group with me in San d'Oria.
    My ingame name is Neruto.

Re: Grouping?

nearly everyone solos until lvl 10 and then heads to valkurm dunes to group

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Hey does anyone wanna group with me and my friend to do the "Save the Children" Mission?
      I'm a lvl 8 Black Mage and he's a lvl 7 Warrior.
      I've been reading some information and it says we would be better off in a party of 3-4 people, or else we can solo it at 14, and I don't wanna wait until 14!
      Even if you don't want to do the mission, a bit of help would be appreciated
      My in-game name is Neruto.

Comment

Originally posted by Amon View Post
        Hey does anyone wanna group with me and my friend to do the "Save the Children" Mission?
        I'm a lvl 8 Black Mage and he's a lvl 7 Warrior.
        I've been reading some information and it says we would be better off in a party of 3-4 people, or else we can solo it at 14, and I don't wanna wait until 14!
        Even if you don't want to do the mission, a bit of help would be appreciated
        My in-game name is Neruto.
        Ok, here's what you do:

1. Start partying in valkrum dunes around 10.
        2. Get a linkshell while partying with someone you like.
        3. Ask your linkshell for help.

It's not recommended to duo this with friends at such a low level before you've gotten used to the mechanics of the game. Both you and your friend would be better off finding someone 20+ to help you guys out. Trust me, it would be a lot easier.
        ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Waiting to do missions doesn't really hurt you. The only missions that truly matter are mission 10 (standard airship access) and mission 12 (unlock Rise of Zilart missions). You won't be able to do mission 10 unassisted until around level 50, or the mid-30s with a large group. Mission 12 isn't doable in a group without very high level help (70+) until you're level 55+.

Icemage

Comment

Alright thanks guys

Comment

Originally posted by Icemage View Post
              Waiting to do missions doesn't really hurt you. The only missions that truly matter are mission 10 (standard airship access) and mission 12 (unlock Rise of Zilart missions). You won't be able to do mission 10 unassisted until around level 50, or the mid-30s with a large group. Mission 12 isn't doable in a group without very high level help (70+) until you're level 55+.

Icemage
              For the record, the mission numbers are listed differently everywhere else. Airship access is given after Mission 4 (there are 3 parts to the mission that need completed). Mision 6-2 allows access to the Rise of the Zilart missions.

The levels given are pretty much correct, with an exception. Mission 4 can be done solo at almost any level with the spells Sneak (20 RDM and WHM) and Invisible (25 RDM and WHM) or with the items Silent Oil and Prism Powder. There are to monsters to kill, however, so you will need either the mid to high 40s group mentioned or higher level help.

I definitely recommend playing this game 'as intended', which means grouping with similiar levels to complete missions and quests. Don't worry about waiting a few levels to complete missions. You seem excited about this game, which is great. Don't try to speed through it just for the sake of completing things. Take your time and enjoy the trip.

If you need help, or have questions about missions/quests, just ask. I don't get to be in game a lot, but if I am, I will try to help. My character's name is also Lecan.

Comment

Working...
              X