This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summoner Artifact

ON HELLP ME IM A SUMMONER ON FENRIR AND I CANT GET MY AF4 ITS TOO HARD LVL 75 GET ALLL"i cant im busy sittign in jeuno" becasue THE PLACE IS TOO HIGH HELLP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Summoner Artifact

and posting on a smn section of the board is going to help you how?
    Hacked on 9/9/09
    FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

I advise you quit the game. If you made your request in all caps with that attitude, then I applaud every lvl 75 on your server for NOT helping you.
      Sky:O Sea:O Koga: 3/5 Melee: 1/5
      http://manapool-ls.com - Bahamut Endgame LS

Comment

I have absolutely no idea which one "AF4" is, but my advise is: It doesn't matter. SMN AF != PLD AF in usefulness. Legs are quested (two level 52 SMN could probably do that...), hands/body/head suck. Feet are good, but not important until 70+ or soloing hard stuff. If AF4=feet, then you can solo it by 70 anyway. (Or really any of them at that point.)
        Generic Info!

Comment

On the subject of usefulness. What would you say are decent setups from level 50 - 75?

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Comment

Originally posted by Omecle
            On the subject of usefulness. What would you say are decent setups from level 50 - 75?
            Most summoners I see just go for hMP/max MP. HQ elemental staves, Carbuncle's Mitts, Vermillioan Cloak. Then just grab every piece of +hMP gear you can find, or +MP if no +HMP is available in that slot.

Only SMN AF stats that anyone seems to care about is +Avatar Accuracy usually (hence why legs are good, and everything else is mostly ignored).

Icemage

Comment

I don't see this going anywhere but down in flames so lets keep it civil people.

To the OP: You'll just have to depend on friends and ls members to help you get Fenrir. I honestly don't think you need it and should just go lvl up some more. Once you're a higher lvl then it will be easier to obtain. But if you insist on getting it, then contact other high lvl smn's in game and offer to pay them 100K+ each to get it for you. Thats one way to try and get help. Otherwise its sitting in Jeuno watching for people shouting for help with avatars and getting into their pt or shouting and forming your own pt.

Moving to the Fenrir forums.
              Originally posted by Feba
              But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
              Originally posted by Taskmage
              God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
              Originally posted by DakAttack
              ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Uh... he's not asking for Fenrir, TGM, he's looking to complete his Artifact Armor. Though I agree the thread is mostly flame-bait (and he's unlikely to get any help if he exhibits an attitude like this in-game).

Icemage

Comment

Originally posted by Icemage
                  Most summoners I see just go for hMP/max MP. HQ elemental staves, Carbuncle's Mitts, Vermillioan Cloak. Then just grab every piece of +hMP gear you can find, or +MP if no +HMP is available in that slot.

Only SMN AF stats that anyone seems to care about is +Avatar Accuracy usually (hence why legs are good, and everything else is mostly ignored).

Icemage
                  To answer the question and comment on Ice a bit.
                  Elemental staffs are a must, HQ only if you can afford them.
                  A lot of players start out with the NQ and slowly collect the HQ when they can afford them.
                  Vermilion cloak can be replaced by the austere Robe, when using Carbuncle with Carbuncle mitts you'll get Refresh, however with regular avatars you don't notice any difference so I rather take the shortened Blood pact delay over refresh.
                  For Soloing the refresh however is a sweet thing to have.
                  Austere Robe is a really nice sollution for the people unable to afford the V-cloak.
                  (10 Mil on Titan.)
                  If you have time to camp him when you reach 71, the Yinyang robe is the best bodypiece out there for summoners.
                  Other then that, hang on to your Austere robe or V-Cloak.

Of AF, the legs are indeed the most useful.
                  Feet next, there is a slight difference you notice with the Feet in avatar evasion.. but only a little.

HMP, yes very important.
                  At higher levels summoners get a lot of MP, get as much stuff as you can to rest it back as quick as possible.

As for MP, try to aquire as much as you can but avoid HP to MP conversion as much as possible.
                  Summoners is a fragile job as it is, and we get hit hard if we get hit.
                  Try to keep as much HP as possible while you look for MP gear.

As for on topic @ the OP:
                  Try shouting in Jueno or whitegate for a while in a normal (Non caps) manner.
                  Don't panic if it doesn't work right away it can take a few days.
                  Even if most people will request a reward there are always people bored enough to help you out for free.
                  Other then that, ask your linkshell.
                  Last edited by Shirai; 05-24-2006, 01:19 AM.
                  Quetzalcoatl Server | WHM 80 | SMN 76 | NIN 75

Comment

Okay thanks for that. So would it be a good idea to get a Austere Robe, a V-Cloak and a YingYang robe? Also, just wanted to know what you mean by HMP? (I'm just a simple PLD that's been hit in the head too many times, lol)

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Comment

HMP is MP while resting. Found on such items as a Dark Staff, or a Pilgrim's Wand, etc.

Comment

Here's SMN gear as I see it, I'll just start from level 50 and on. Why? Because I'm bored out of my mind while camping an NM. :/ In general, it goes:
                        hMP/blood pact timer > MP > anthing else

Head: Austere < Penance < AF2
                        Blood pact timer down is great. The more you can get, the better. AF2 horn wins out because of the -3 delay and -3 perpetuation cost when the weather matches the element of the avatar, as well as adding a decent chunk of MP.

Body: Austere < Penance < AF2 < Yinyang Don't forget errant body either.
                        I consider Yinyang and AF2 body to be about equal. AF2 body can be really useful when MP is tight and you need the -3 cost from matching element day/element of avatar. +3% crit hit seems handy too, in situations where MP isn't an issue. However, yinyang robe is both easier to obtain and half of it's bonuses don't just become useless to you depending on the day, like AF2's does.
                        I didn't mention VC there because it's sort of hard to fit it in on that simple list... If you have one, super. It's still good to have an austere robe (and hat) though, if nothing else but to macro into blood pacts. Errant body is important to note because it's better than yinyang robe/VC for getting back MP while resting - so long as you rest for about a minute at a time.

Hands: Carbuncle Mitts - Austere > Penance > AF1+1 > Nashira / AF2
                        Carbuncle Mitts are sort of an obvious choice. Austure/Penance/AF1+1/AF2 for blood pact timer down is obvious too. And Nashira has the situationally useful -1 perpetuation cost on it. AF2 has enhanced accuracy...and I view it as a toss-up. Get both if you can, get either if you can.

Legs: Baron > Yigit And AF1 / AF2
                        Yigit has +2hMP, Baron has one. That's pretty much it for resting macro leg gear. AF1 has enhanced accuracy, AF2 has minus blood pact timer. You can worry about if the AF2 hands and the AF1 legs stack after you get both.

Feet: AF1 > AF1+1 / AF2
                        Another bit of situational gear delimas! AF2 has enhanced damage, which I haven't heard of effecting blood pacts, but it might... I don't have this particular piece of AF2 to test. AF1+1 has -1 perpetuation costs for more fenrir soloing goodness. It should also be noted that AF2+1 has +2 avatar enmity, which is really handy sometimes. There's only one other piece of gear that has +avatar enmity, and that's yinyang robe.

Rings/Neckpieces/Earrings/Belts/Backpieces:
                        hMP > MP > MP (with -HP) > anything else.

Weapons: ...more situational gear!
                        8 NQ staves are what I recommend.
                        Light/Dark/Earth + Astral Signa - if you don't use any of the other staves and somehow get your hands on an astral signa...
                        Light/Dark/Earth + Bahamut's Staff - Same as above, but make it even more unrealistic to see this often.
                        HQ staves - If you've got the money. You don't even need all of them as SMN.
                        Carbuncle's Pole - Pretty good solo weapon, if you can get it, and you're fighting stuff weak enough that carbuncle can hold hate on and still not die before the monster does.

So would it be a good idea to get a Austere Robe, a V-Cloak and a YingYang robe?
                        That sort of depends upon you. If you do a lot of capped stuff, then it'd definately be worth keeping austere. If you already have a VC for another job and tend to do capped stuff, it might be worth it to keep that too. Otherwise, you could just sell it once you get the yinyang robe. There's more discussion about VC in the WHM forums too, talks a bit about people's opinions on when to sell it or when to keep it.
                        Generic Info!

Comment

the reason i wanted to post it on the smn board is for other smn to tell me how they did it... every time i mention Toraimarai canyon they all say they cant handle it and i dont get why ..

Comment

Originally posted by Hellrazzor
                            the reason i wanted to post it on the smn board is for other smn to tell me how they did it... every time i mention Toraimarai canyon they all say they cant handle it and i dont get why ..
                            Ohhh Tora Canal... Well it helps to be from Windurst as your nation, as well as having access to the path from Windurst Walls (Tora key). I farmed the bats with my whm/nin, and got the key access. Ran around a couple of times (30 minutes) and found the coffer, opened it up with Carbuncle by my side, got aggro, got my af and promptly used a warp scroll. If you don't have a high level 2nd job, you need to get some friends to help you farm for it. I think it took me about 1 hour to farm with someone else.
                            Hacked on 9/9/09
                            FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

thanks thats all i wanted

Comment

Working...
                              X