A couple of brand new players :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of brand new players :)

Hello everyone, I looked around and this I think is the forum I am supposed to post this in.

A buddy and myself are looking for a more friendly game to play in and this one came highly recommended.

We are still in the long patching process so I thought I would come introduce myself and to ask if there was anyone interested in playing with him and myself and kinda show us the ropes.

Thanks!

you can contact me on xfire: Wankthepirate or AIM under the same name.

Talk to you soon!

Re: A couple of brand new players

Welcome to Dreams in Vana'diel and to FFXI in general. Hope you enjoy it.

(Moved thread to New User Introduction)
    I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Indeed. Welcome to FFXIOnline, and hope you have as much fun as we do in FFXI. If you have questions, feel free to post them here on the forums (though for faster answers I recommend you use the Search function). We've got a lot of knowledgeable players here who can answer most any question you have.

Icemage

Comment

Welcome, to the game, and FFXIOnline.

Starting this game held a lot of excitement for me both times, and having a friend who's going to be playing with you most of the time right from the start will be a lot of help and fun.

Now that you and your friend are part of the community, here are a few of the links we like to use. You'll notice a lot of the posters here reference to these pages quite often. They'll be great for information on the game.

FFXI Somepage.com - lists items, mobs, quests, and crafting information
        FFXI Atlas - access to all the maps in Vana'diel. Now has information on mob levels and EXP camps. Somepage links and uses their maps.
        FFXI Wiki - A lot of the same information you'll find on Somepage, just usually in greater detail. Crafting info, Notorous Monster info, quest info, you name it's there usually.

And of course the forums here. This communities been around for quite a while, and has gathered quite a lot of information about this game. With the links above, and the knowledge base here at the forums, you'll be able to answer any question. ^^
        Odude
        PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
        RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
        SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

Welcolme to the community Vaxith, sit back relax and start trawling through the expanisve information you will find on this forum. Any idea which of the 20+ servers you will be starting in? when you start let us know as many people in that server may be able to assist.

I would advise though that you change your aim handle , being British I know many meanings... I would advise you don't use that as your character name as it may offend some people and SE will delete your account.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarre View Post
            Welcolme to the community Vaxith, sit back relax and start trawling through the expanisve information you will find on this forum. Any idea which of the 20+ servers you will be starting in? when you start let us know as many people in that server may be able to assist.
            I would advise though that you change your aim handle , being British I know many meanings... I would advise you don't use that as your character name as it may offend some people and SE will delete your account.
            What does Vaxith reference to?
            If SE decides the name is a bad one they force you to change it as soon as your notified so if using something that is risky I'ld have a few backup names lined up. I've seen people in game go around with names like bouncybouncy, biginthe(junk, trunk exc) so I suspect changes come from if another player complains.

note I personally get a kick out of those names, but they would fall under risky enough to have a backup name ready in case of being ordered to change by a GM.

You'll probably get your 1st linkshell in the dunes early on you'll love the company once you do.

Welcome to Vandiel, we may be a little crazy, but we're usually a friendly crazy :+D ^..^

Comment

Working...
            X