Fenrir Prime Solo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fenrir Prime Solo

Can it really be resisted that way? I don't know.
    There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
    but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
    transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

On my first try, I used Dia II because I was worried he would absorb Bio damage, and that the DoT would end up healing him (I recall seeing this effect on those Draugar mobs in Arrapago Reef). When I saw that Bio II indeed inflicted damage upon landing (even if it was rather low), I opted to stick with it for the higher damage per tic it has over Dia II. The combination of Bio II and Poison II on a mob is comparable to landing an unresisted Blizzard III every 2 minutes (at least for an Elvaan anyway lol).

As far as I know, the added effects of Dia and Bio are static once landed on a mob, reguardless of the initial damage it does. This explains how low level goblin can land the full Dia effect (5% defense down, 1 damger per tic, for 60 seconds) on a level 75 character with magic defense bonus gear and traits, high light elemental resistence, and Shell IV, even if it lands for 0 initial damage.

The DoT from Bio does vary however, with higher levels of Dark Magic Skill.
      RDM 75
      Cerberus
      http://www.youtube.com/user/securitron1234

Comment

At the very least Bio is superior since little things like that Eclipse Bite and other random hits that get through Utsusemi are going to hit for less damage. I seem to be in the minority, but I really think Bio III is more beneficial than Dia III as a merit spell if you do a lot of solo.

The MP cost is high, but any time where you're in danger of being one-shotted or are under a constant barrage of physical hits, Bio III is going to help you more than Dia III (this goes doubly if you're kitenuking).

Icemage

Comment

I watched this again today, and I'm still impressed. Question, though, would this kind of strategy work against Maat?

I'm thinking no because of the inavailability to have Utsusemi up in a Maat fight, but has anyone been successful with the DoT/kite/nuke strategy?
          sigpic
          ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
          ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
          ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
          ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

The normal Maat strategy isn't too far off from kiting, only skipping the DoTs and using Sleep instead of Bind/Grav. Since he casts spells it's more work to keep him silenced and at a distance from you if you let him stay concious, and a good sleep can buy you time to rest a few ticks if need be while a bind won't.
            lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Hmm I noticed this one a little late, but I just thought I'd say that it was quite an impressive video. I get nervous even watching things like that, but you made it look almost simple to do. Not that it was, I'm sure you had to have a ton of things to pull it off, but you did it so well, it looked like elementary work.
              "If you keep me waiting much longer, it damn well better be the end of the Galaxy." ~ Kaidan

~There's gonna come a day, and I can't wait to see your face...~

Comment

Wow... Just... Wow...

Sen, can you post up what gear you used for that? I recognized most of it. Not like I have the ego to think I could do that, but when I get to 75 RDM with some merits it might be fun to try.

Comment

can someone attach the vid to the post so i can watch it, my work computer blocks that site =(, but i think i can see attached youtube videos
                  75bst 75thf 73rdm 40mnk 39nin 37whm 35blu 26drk 17pld 17war and idk the rest

PM: 8-3
                  ZM: 14

Cloudxi -- Valefor, moved to Quetzalcoatl 01/08
                  TheFlock ls

Comment

nvm i cant see youtube inbedded videos ><
                    75bst 75thf 73rdm 40mnk 39nin 37whm 35blu 26drk 17pld 17war and idk the rest

PM: 8-3
                    ZM: 14

Cloudxi -- Valefor, moved to Quetzalcoatl 01/08
                    TheFlock ls

Comment

so is the link dead now or what? That link only loads the front page of filefront for me :[

Comment

Seij's files seem to all be gone off filefront, but you can still find the video in low quality on youtube if you search for fenrir solo ffxi. There are 3 fenrir solo vids. The one that's divided into three parts is Seijurohiko's.
                        lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Working...
                        X