Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leasious's Adventure's Across Vana'diel :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Leasious's Adventure's Across Vana'diel

Early August for a a few fans? <_<;

You could've sent it to me all the way to MX for repairs and you would've had it back sooner than that.
    sigpic
    "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
    Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Case fans are super easy to swap out. Hope you're not getting charged too much for this.
      Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
      Name: Drjones
      Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

If it takes a few weeks..I'm inclined to say it's probably a laptop? I'm not saying that justifies the repair period, but it's likely she can't just go to a computer store and swap out the fans. To be honest though, I have never changed the fans in a computer so I don't even know if you can replace them with standard PC fans.

Comment

I've taken out laptop fans before and while it's not some herculean effort, it is annoying and something I wouldn't recommend you do yourself if you aren't comfortable rummaging around in the innards of your computer. Case fans for a standard tower though? Those are a piece of cake. The only hard part is making sure you install them so the fans are blowing in the correct direction.

Comment

Minor tidbit, but I suppose I should say I've changed "CPU" and even my GPU's heatsink fans..but oddly, I've always left the case fans alone. I think I've turned one around to switch to intake...but yeah, I've never actually manually added case fans. Once again, very minor tidbit but my previous comment made me far more of a computer noob than it should of. :p

Comment

First -- I'm surprised I remember my username/password for an account I made in 2003 for this site.

Second -- It's such a pleasure to view your adventure in FFXI. I quit quite a bit before the cap was raised past 75 and, as far as I'm aware, everyone I knew pretty much quit. It's nice to see people still play this game.

Seeing the pictures makes me really want to play again. xP It's just too lonesome, and the nostalgia makes my heart ache.

Anyways... Thanks so much for sharing your time in FFXI.

Comment

Got my desktop back today, it had to be sent away hense why it took so long, they don't repair it in the actual shop :3

@Eve Thank you

Comment

So what was the issue? Is it fixed now?

Comment

They didn't say :/ all PCWorld could say that their repair people said it was fixed :/ But the man did say as they havn't stated what's wrong with it and what they've done, to keep an eye on my temps, if it goes crazy again, send it back.

So I've dl'ed "Core Temp" and got the 4 temps showing in my taskbar.

Comment

Originally posted by djose View Post
                      They didn't say :/ all PCWorld could say that their repair people said it was fixed :/ But the man did say as they havn't stated what's wrong with it and what they've done, to keep an eye on my temps, if it goes crazy again, send it back.

So I've dl'ed "Core Temp" and got the 4 temps showing in my taskbar.

TL;DR You got charged 10 times for a fan replacement. orz
                      sigpic
                      "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                      Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

I'd be very disgruntled if I took my computer to a shop to get fixed and they wouldn't even tell me what the problem was or what they'd done. I really hope you didn't spend a lot on fixing this.

Next time bring it to us for a diagnosis first.

Comment

Don't worry, it's under like a 3 year warrenty/insurance so it's all free :3

I'm not sure if they replaced anything or not, I hope they did.

Comment

Regardless it's nice to have you back. Now get on FFXI!
                            Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
                            Reiko Takahashi
                            - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
                            Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Originally posted by cidbahamut View Post
                              I'd be very disgruntled if I took my computer to a shop to get fixed and they wouldn't even tell me what the problem was or what they'd done. I really hope you didn't spend a lot on fixing this.

Next time bring it to us for a diagnosis first.
                              What Cid said. Many of us here either work in the industry or build our computers ourselves. If there's something going wrong with your rig... chances are we can figure it out and fix it as a group without having to send it out to anyone at all.

I've owned 5 PCs in my time and I've built them all myself (aside from the laptop I have) and I've never sent one out for repair.

Go-to people: Me, Cid, Hayde, Gobo, TM, Lyulf, Firewind, Jarre, Raydeus and even Icemage have experience building/repairing/tweaking and troubleshooting.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
                              99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
                              99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

I'll keep that in mind I won't be able to fiddle with it though :/ If I do, it voids the warranty.

I'll try and get on ffxi tomorrow, right now, I'm going bed, tired lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X