My very firstest sig!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My very firstest sig!

In all my time in gaming, sigs have always been for style. Show off what you can make. I do understand your point with showing your own character though. A new sig with my stoopid warrior in scale mail is in the works. I'll still keep this around for the simple fact, it looks good.

As far as the sig itself:
    I actually didnt put any borders at all in it, the border you do see is a result of drop shadows, various layers, and several other options used throughout. It isnt a skin, it's all rectangles, colors, and blending options. A great sight that has taught me virtually everything I know:

http://good-tutorials.com/search/query/signatures

Comment

Originally posted by Jance
      In all my time in gaming, sigs have always been for style. Show off what you can make. I do understand your point with showing your own character though. A new sig with my stoopid warrior in scale mail is in the works. I'll still keep this around for the simple fact, it looks good.

As far as the sig itself:
      I actually didnt put any borders at all in it, the border you do see is a result of drop shadows, various layers, and several other options used throughout. It isnt a skin, it's all rectangles, colors, and blending options. A great sight that has taught me virtually everything I know:

http://good-tutorials.com/search/query/signatures
      ty

Comment

Here is my latest and greatest! I hope it's within everyone's personal standards, Id hate to get negative rep and cussed at again.

I feel like it's missing something, but finally just saved it anyway. Mature comments only this time.

Comment

I like it. It's a bit on the large size, but everyone's taste is different in that area. I think it works pretty well.

Comment

should try out what Taskmage said earlier about rendering big and shrinking it down. you'll get a much sharper image that way (see Strom's example).

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

I like the scenic background, but the boxes don't seem to do much for it.

I'd pull in the warrior further, and bring the name up under his eyes. You can list your jobs, missions, crafts, and such under it. On the other side you could pull a few more models out of the viewer and create some small scene. Something with you about to lethal drop tech whatever enemy you've hated the most thus far.

Comment

Originally posted by neighbortaru
                should try out what Taskmage said earlier about rendering big and shrinking it down. you'll get a much sharper image that way (see Strom's example).
                That's exactly what I did this time around. Does it still look choppy? It looked pretty smooth to me... I'll play with it some more.

Comment

yeah, see the edges on the GA shaft

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

I like the PLD one better. Who cares if you're not level 75 with relic armour? At least it could be considered one of your goals.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Comment

Nice man. I like the pose a lot. I think it looks better than your last one but a little empty in the middle. Mabey some stats? Anyway i think you should keep that char pose.

Comment

Actually I really like this newe one. Looks like YOU are going through and just slaughtering things.

Comment

can any of you make me a sign plz with this 3 pictures lol sorry i dont know how
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X