My very firstest sig!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My very firstest sig!

I just got Photoshop CS2 a week ago and was jealous of all the neat sigs everyone else had. So, being the front runner that I am, I had to make my own. Comments please! What can I do better? But be gentle...

Re: My very firstest sig!

Nice. Very clean.

Two things. First, jaggies on the sword and other edges. I probably wouldn't notice this as much if your character models wasn't set on scanlines, those tend to bring out jagged edges more. You can cut down on the jaggies by starting with a render much larger than you actually need and scaling it down in photoshop.

Second, those numbers need to be higher.
    lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

The choice of equipment bothers me... I don't use anything I don't have or made myself in my sigs. If you want to make it clear you want to be something, I'd just stick with artifact and a regular weapon... Espadon is a good choice.

Comment

Hokay, what about mine? A very basic and quickly done sig, but a good effort considering I can't Photoshop for jack.

Anyone fancy a stewed Marlboro?

Comment

Originally posted by Stromgarde
          The choice of equipment bothers me... I don't use anything I don't have or made myself in my sigs. If you want to make it clear you want to be something, I'd just stick with artifact and a regular weapon... Espadon is a good choice.
          I asked for comments, or more specifically, constructive criticism. I do not recall asking for personal opinions or what YOU put in your signatures. gg no rm kthxbye!

Thank you Taskmage, I spent all morning trying several approaches to getting a much smoother appearance on the render. I really like how it turned out so far. There are still a few spots where the scanlines clash, but my fingers hurt, so Im stopping for now. To get the render the way it is now I ended up using smudge, 3 layers, and blending. I tried to go with your advice, but it was too complicated for my simple brain.

As for my numbers... ya I know. If I could actually get on to play, I might have something more impressive than WAR13.

Comment

Originally posted by Jance
            I asked for comments, or more specifically, constructive criticism. I do not recall asking for personal opinions or what YOU put in your signatures. gg no rm kthxbye!
            Actually you asked for a comment, which is exactly what he gave. You shouldn't put your character as something you're no where near. Oh hey, I'm a 13 war, lets turn me into a 75 PLD! Who cares if all those other people had to work for it, why should I work for the right to say I'm a 75 PLD when I can just simply use photoshop and make it look like I'm one.

Comment

Originally posted by Zamphire
              Actually you asked for a comment, which is exactly what he gave. You shouldn't put your character as something you're no where near. Oh hey, I'm a 13 war, lets turn me into a 75 PLD! Who cares if all those other people had to work for it, why should I work for the right to say I'm a 75 PLD when I can just simply use photoshop and make it look like I'm one.
              Please show me where in my sig it displays PLD75. I just checked, and double-checked, and found it to say PLD1. Infact, the only job with a number higher than 1, is WAR13. I made it pretty clear Im quite the lowbie. What model *I* use in *MY* sig is up to me. I could care less if you're a Goat273, great for you. I like how the PLD relic armor looks, so that's what model I used, deal with it.

Yes, I did ask for comments. Comments on my signature, not your personal feelings on a render that ANYONE can get from a modelviewer. So, unless you have some form of advice as far as Photoshop, or the artwork contained within my sig, go post your emotions somewhere else. Or go eat glass.

Comment

Originally posted by Jance
                Comments please!
                Where exactly does that say "Comments on my signature, not your personal feelings on a render that ANYONE can get from a modelviewer. " You said comments, you got comments, so stop your whiney titty baby shit when you get a comment.

Like you said, you're wearing relic pld armor, a full set can only be worn by a 75 PLD.

Comment

Originally posted by Zamphire
                  You said comments, you got comments, so stop your whiney titty baby shit when you get a comment.
                  Im whining? Im not the one tossing out rude and vulgar comments in reguards to a pointless subject. Talk about calling the kettle black. Yes, you are correct, the render IS infact a Hume male, displayed in the entire Valor relic set. As stated before, it is my personal favorite and simply looks good. There is no arrow pointing to it saying "OMTEHFG tis is meh!!!!!111!!". It's just a model, copied into one of the many layers of my signature. Go start your own topic to spew your personal feelings on what YOU allow in the signatures of others.

From this post on, I politely ask that you only reply with comments aimed directly at Photoshop techniques that I can use, or shouldnt use, colors, art, anything I could do, or something I should take out. Let's not kick the dead horse anymore, forget the render.

Comment

I think it would be much better with a handsome Taru

...as you can see from my sig, you don't want comments about your graphical work from me

Thanks for the sig, Selphiie!!

FFXI Xbox360 user ----- BLM 63 / RDM 36/ WHM 42 / THF 25
                    DRK 26 / BST 21 / DRG 17 / WAR 17 / MNK 10 / SMN 9 / PUP 4 /
                    BLU 1 / PLD 1 / BRD 1 / RNG 1 / NIN 1 / SAM 1
                    Bonecraft 63 / Leathercraft 19 / Fishing 7 Windhurst Rank 5

Comment

Originally posted by Lambeaus
                      I think it would be much better with a handsome Taru

...as you can see from my sig, you don't want comments about your graphical work from me
                      Watch out Lambeaus, this guy goes crazy on people for stating opinions. Might want to be careful.

Comment

Taskmage was correct, starting large will greatly improve final quality when scaled down using free transform, or even just the scale tool. See below. I stand by what I said however.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Not bad. good try.

Comment

I agree. People should put pics of themselves in their signatures not something there shooting for. Sigs to some or most are about showing off there lvl/items/skills in graphics/ect. I just dont see how putting a pld when you still 17 lvls away from that is right for a sig. Get a nice pose from your warrior and show people YOU.

While im here can someone give me a link to these outlines for sigs im seeing with skills? Is there a webpage where you can use a skin or is it souly photoshop skills? Thanks

-Mel.

Comment

I don't think I've ever had a sig with a picture of my character in it. I go for style.

Comment

Working...
                              X