X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: [GM]Dave (Humor)

Originally posted by Cometgreen
    Wow... that's the first awesome thing I've seen on ytmnd. But why does he never catch him!?!
    Because it was made by the guy I'm chasing. If it were real, I'd catch him and then stab him in the trachea with his pointy hat.

Comment

Well, I imagine that would be rather unpleasant.

Comment

Haven't left any comments for you yet, but you have real creativity and skill. Your use of irony is great (Ex: EMOtes). Keep up the good work!
        Character: Bricklayer
        Server: Ramuh
        31 RDM/ 23 BLM/ 20 WHM

Comment

Is that irony? I thought it was sarcasm.

I honestly don't know. Irony is confusing.
          Last edited by Murphie; 08-17-2006, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Murphie
            Is that irony? I thought it was sarcasm.

I honestly don't know. Irony is confusing.
            Actually, "irony" and "sarcasm" are synonomous, at least in one definition. If you look at definition #2 below (and I admit, dictionaries are often flawed), and especially at the example given, this is the understanding of irony I was using when I brought up the example of "EMOtes." You could say it is ironic that "[GM]Dave copied the behavior he most hated."

irony

n 1: witty language used to convey insults or scorn; "he used sarcasm to upset his opponent"; "irony is wasted on the stupid"; "Satire is a sort of glass, wherein beholders do generally discover everybody's face but their own"--Johathan Swift [syn: sarcasm, satire, caustic remark] 2: incongruity between what might be expected and what actually occurs; "the irony of Ireland's copying the nation she most hated" Source: WordNet ® 2.0, © 2003 Princeton University
            Character: Bricklayer
            Server: Ramuh
            31 RDM/ 23 BLM/ 20 WHM

Comment

Fair enough. I don't actually read the blog anymore, so I don't even know why I'm in this thread! XD

Comment

Originally posted by Illuen
                I don't know if you've all seen this before, and if you have, sorry, but

http://lolgmdave.ytmnd.com/
                Why is the summoner equipped with a sword? Which sword is that?

Comment

Originally posted by Taodyn
                  Because it was made by the guy I'm chasing. If it were real, I'd catch him and then stab him in the trachea with his pointy hat.
                  How about you just nail the hat to his head. With real nails. Rusty nails. 6-inch nails.

Apparently Vlad Tepes (better known as Dracula) once did that to some noblemen who refused to take their turbans off (I think) in his presence.

Whoops, that's a horn he has.

Or maybe you can do some creative and cruel things that involve his horn, Tthe Carbuncle following him, and various hazardous materials. Is there such thing as napalm or white phosphorous in FFXI?

And if not, why not!!!??

By the way, love the latest post. A guy harassing Susan gets "ze treatment off doom".

Anyone fancy a stewed Marlboro?

Comment

You now, with the lastest "GM Dave" post, I think that song about a Rose Garden might be appropriate, ha ha ha.

Anyone fancy a stewed Marlboro?

Comment

Hi Taodyn, just came across this thread and your site. [GM]Dave blogs are funny. well of course you know that, chicks want to have your babies for that... >.>

I don't know if you'll be able to make(add) this into a story, if you can (cool) or if you can't.. whatever.

it involves the random /tell (Help Me out!) Outside of town, you'd think this meant they were being chased by a mob or about to die if they didn't get a Cure, RIGHT NOW!

as of late, wether in or out of town I get these tells.

there is not a "where is <whatever> can you help me out?"

nor a "I need some gil, can you help me out?"

kinda like call descripions I'm certain GMs get. sure they want help, but can they be any more vague?

of course, all of these vague intown (Help me Out!) /tells have been from your favorite species, the n00b. If only there was some valid reason to call a GM and get them banned or deleted, it would thrill me. why am I so harsh since I have /blist add <n00b> at my disposal? even though i can save myself from the stupitity of one, it is just one and myself. tomorrow there will be another n00b, and tomorrow 5000 people will have to add one more name to thier /blist.

/blist: a finite, limited listing of names you want to forget exists, so finite after a few days or weeks after visiting the dunes, you have to go into the list and determine which n00b will be the least annoying and remove thier name.

personally, i've never capped my '/blist add' skill, but I know people who have. normally after a couple of days I delete thier name, as you've said before, thier (n00bs) attention span is severely limited and I know by that time they've forgotten me, so I take thier name off my list so I can forget them.

well, that's about it. have a god one, and I hope you keep being funny. ^.^
                      Paragon of Red Mage Excellence
                      G1 (X) 2(X) 3(X) 4(X) 5(Test aquired)
                      San Doria Rank 6
                      ZM5, PM2-5, ToAU 1-1

Which FF Character Are You?

a male version anyways >.> ... ~.^

#2 Vivi #3 Kuja

Comment

Little warning to ya, some prick has been spamming pharmaceutical ads on the Goblin Smithy blog... yeah, yeah, this is the [GM]Dave section, well Dave kicks arse. Send him in to feed the spammers to Jormy ^^

You have a real talent, keep up the good work ^^

Comment

Heh, i've read the GM Dave blog for a while, didnt know it was someone from here writing it, i even came across this thread but thought it was only people posting the blog entries and commenting on them...

I highly doubted that he was really a gm of course.

But there was the possiblity of Dave being a real gm and using the name dave as a code name so he wouldnt get fired or something.

I was truthly fearful for my character to saying anything on the blog comments...

I guess im a fool, but thats who i am.

Heh, well keep it up, and i wont spoil it for my friends who also read it.

Btw, the smitty, dave cross over was great!

Edit: PS, any chance you could make a post about kujata? heh, nevermind me, just had to ask.
                          Last edited by Novalight; 08-25-2006, 10:43 AM. Reason: spelling, grammer, reason, the crystal era

Comment

Well meh... Its been about 2 months since i found out you were -fake- (It was like finding out Santa aint real XD) And yeah but anyways the Blog rocks! Someone's gotta make a [GM]Dave forum for the People who don't know about this thread to bitch at each other all day and night..... *Has lightblub over head* Hmmmm...... *Evil look* Dude if i made a forum for your fans (If their isn't one already) Would you make a short Update about it? (Yeah i know i am the forum NOOb an all) Please? =) (Sidenote: NOEZ DONTZ FEEDZ MIZ TO DA DRAGON!!!!!111111111111111) (EDIT: Don't you think the sig could do with scaling down? XD)

Comment

Taodyn...

Last GM Dave entry...

Fiction or embelished fact?

Art done by Fred Perry.

Comment

Edit> Never mind I was thinking about the entry before today's.

I'll just copy and paste Hyrist's question...

Fiction or embelished fact?
                                Last edited by Raydeus; 09-09-2006, 07:51 AM.
                                sigpic
                                "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                                Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Working...
                                X