Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help please

Hi all
    I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post I'm just so confused.
    ok for starters i just bought ffxi on pc, had it on xbox a few years ago but wanna get back into it, i have been trying to link my square enix account to my play online account like it says but every time i try it comes up with a msg saying can not transfer contact square. i have no clue what is going on i have already put the code in and my details and billing information its just i can't transfer the accounts.

i also read on a few diff places trying to find out how to fix it, and some one said to log into play online and goto navigation and then change ur handle... but where the heck do u log into play online???
    is it just me or is the setup for this just unbelievably stupid??? i just find the square site so confusing. any help would be greatly appreciated
    thanks for any help.

Re: help please

Square-Enix typically does registration server maintenance right at the end/beginning of each month, so it's entirely possible that you're not doing anything wrong, and the problem is on their end (and might be for another day or so).

Wait another 24 hours or so and try again; if you still get the same error, then contact Square-Enix.

Icemag

Comment

hey thanks iceman
      yea i did send them an email and tried the chat support but the are only "open" week days.
      but yea i hope thats what it is.

- - - Updated - - -

lol i mean icemage stupid auto spell

Comment

o and just another thing to add, after i put my billing in it when straight through and everything else worked and my account is active but i just transfer it if i even need to, and every time i log into play online and use my password and id that i got from buying the game and registering it it say invalid password or id, i don't understand how can it be wrong when I'm using the password and id they gave me??
        Last edited by coolasjustin; 07-01-2012, 01:01 AM.

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, they require you to have the SE account now, so that would be the ID and password you use (not the POL ID/pass).
          99 DNC
          99 WHM
          99 WAR
          * 99 THF
          99 BLM * 99 RDM *
          99 PUP

TWASHTAR

Comment

yea i do have a SE account, u have to have one.
            should i make another one??
            but if i do make another one will i be able to transfer my id to that new account instead of the old one?

Comment

hmm ok
              so i just went to the ffxi official web site and tried to use the playonline plus thing on the left hand side tab
              i tried to see if i could log in with my id and password like the one used to get into ffxi and it gave me this msg

" you have no active handle set, please log into play online and set an active handle via play online navigator"..
              where the heck do u do that, i've looked all over the pol site and can't find a navigator tab or menu anywhere....
              i think thats y i can't transfer of log in. any help would be very vey much appreciated
              thank u

Comment

The POL navigator is where you actually try to log into the game, not on any website.
                99 DNC
                99 WHM
                99 WAR
                * 99 THF
                99 BLM * 99 RDM *
                99 PUP

TWASHTAR

Comment

well that sucks then
                  when i open the pol viewer i try log in with the account id and password i got after i registered my game with the cd key on their site and its apparently wrong.
                  how does that make sense?
                  how are u meant to log in when the password or id is wrong and I'm using the one they emailed me after my account was activated.... gah never-ending

Comment

GAH
                    thanks guys for ur help i dunno what happened but i got it
                    maybe i was just being retarded and entering the passwords wrong
                    but thanks a lot for ur time and helping me

Comment

Working...
                    X