Other Major City Missions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other Major City Missions

I'm getting a lot better at finding things on the Wiki, but what I haven't seen is any details on how to start getting rep with other major cities so you can do their missions and such. I'm currently with Bastok. Do I just have to go to Windurst/San d'Oria and the initial ones will be open, or do I have to complete the Emissary mission I'm stuck on currently?

Also, I wasn't able to find it in the Wiki, your max rep level for a city is based on the mission you're on right? I was turning in Lizard eggs thinking I'd get to rank 3 or 4 but it just stopped at the end of rank 2.
    My character's name is Cadar on Cerberus.

Warrior-19
    Red Mage-55
    Dark Knight-55

Re: Other Major City Missions

Are you talking about fame from quests? Fame and Mission progress are not the same thing and they are not related.
    I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Guess that's where I was confused. Checked my Profile, I meant Rank Points, sorry.

Warrior-19
      Red Mage-55
      Dark Knight-55

Comment

for fame. Million corn in Selbina. 5-10 stacks of million corn should do the trick for sandy fame and it does help with the jueno fame some too.
        Whm- 90, BLM-90, BST-90, PLD-90,

Played from 2003-2006, Quit when my son was born

Returned in 2011.

Yes I am an old time player who learned to play the hard way.

COP-4-1
        ZM-14

San O Doria - 9
        Windhurst - 9
        Bastok - 0

Comment

You rank up doing Missions. You can only do missions for your current nation. You have to fill that rank bar sometimes to be able to accept the next mission in line.

Fame comes from quests. It has nothing to do with nation rank. You could be rank 1 in your nation and have Hero fame all over the place.
          I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Not sure if you are aware, but there are npc that will change your home nation, (called immigration npc) That way you will be able to do missions for your new nation. (outpost warps, conquest points etc do not go with you, although if you return to a nation they will retained.) Your moogle moves all your storage, safe etc so you need not worry about moving it. IDK if this was applicable here, but it seemed it may clarify it a bit more.
            Shiva Server
            Crafting 60 all (Gold 55, Alchemy 90)
            Sandy Rank 10. Basty Rank 10. COP
            99<BLU><BLM><THF><WAR><NIN><WHM><DRK><RNG>
            95<SAM>><PLD>97
            75-90<MNK><CO905><DRG75><PUP77><BST76><BRD91><SCH85><RDM84><DNC75>
            <SMN80>

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
              You rank up doing Missions. You can only do missions for your current nation. You have to fill that rank bar sometimes to be able to accept the next mission in line.
              To fill it, you trade stacks of crystals to the person who gives your signet.

Comment

Thanks all. That helped a bunch.

I'm assuming the only way to actually rank up is by the nation missions right? Since I'm rank 2 with the bar full but it won't let me move into rank 3, I'll need to do The Emissary first?

Warrior-19
                Red Mage-55
                Dark Knight-55

Comment

Yes, the only way to move up in ranks is by doing the rank missions.

Comment

Originally posted by KoLAddict View Post
                    Thanks all. That helped a bunch.

I'm assuming the only way to actually rank up is by the nation missions right? Since I'm rank 2 with the bar full but it won't let me move into rank 3, I'll need to do The Emissary first?
                    For Bastok, yes, you need to complete The Emissary to advance to rank 3.

For reference, you get:

Rank 2 after the 3rd city mission
                    Rank 3 after the 6th city mission
                    Rank 4 after the 9th city mission
                    Rank 5 and the airship pass (if you don't already have it) after the 10th city mission
                    Rank 6 after the 12th city mission
                    Rank 7 after the 14th city mission
                    Rank 8 after the 16th city mission
                    Rank 9 after the 18th city mission
                    Rank 10 after the 20th and final city mission

Unless you have some pressing desire to belong to one specific city (for conquest gear, or maybe access to crafting materials available in shops for whichever city is winning in Conquest most often, or access to the rank-10-specific Atmas for Abyssea), it's best to simply stick it out with one city and advance at your own pace for rank until you get to rank 10 (at which point switching cities to experience the other missions should be a simple matter).

Also worth noting:

The 6th mission is now uncapped as of February 2011, so you can probably solo it at level 30+ (35+ would be safer, however).

Advancing to rank 4 (9th mission in Delkfutt's Tower) is pretty harrowing and annoying if you're below level 45 or so. As I recall, you need to be level 50 to be totally safe. It's a VERY long walk through 10 floors, and doing this mission before you're sufficiently high level to make the enemies ignore you is not recommended.

Advancing to rank 5 (10th mission in Davoi, Castle Osztroja, and Beadeaux) requires good stealth skills with the ability to sneak and turn invisible. You can do these "relatively" safely around level 63+ as I recall.

You don't get anything too terribly useful beyond rank 5 until you get to rank 10, so parking your rank at 5 and ignoring it until you're at least level 70 is probably a good idea.

Icemage

Comment

For all your mission needs:

Category:Missions

As others have said, to fill up your rank bar, trade crystals to the gate guard who gives you Signet. Just trade whatever is the cheapest, probably earth crystals these days. The mission pages usually tell you how much you need.

Since it was mentioned, here is how you get quest fame:

Quick Reputation
                      Elwynn @ Fairy Elwynbelwyn @ Sylph | PS2 PC
                      99 Everything, mostly play PUP, WHM, and sometimes BST
                      F13.1 W60.0 S54.1 G63.2 Cl70.0+1 L70.0 B54.0 A69.4 Co59.6

>2012
                      >not having all jobs at 99

Quasilumin : Examination complete. Examinee unregistered. Kuluu syndrome detected. Displays tendency towards cowardice. Report to infirmary for treatment.

Comment

Thanks all.

Now I'm assuming you can earn fame in a city without actually having visited that city before right?

I couldn't find millioncorn for the selbina guy, but I made it to Windurst and bought a ton of the La Theine Cabbage and traded him like 20 times. When I made it to Jeuno and went to the inn for the Toshedo quest (to get the invite), he didn't give me the quest to get it, my fame was too low.

Warrior-19
                        Red Mage-55
                        Dark Knight-55

Comment

Originally posted by KoLAddict View Post
                          Thanks all.

Now I'm assuming you can earn fame in a city without actually having visited that city before right?
                          Correct.

I couldn't find millioncorn for the selbina guy, but I made it to Windurst and bought a ton of the La Theine Cabbage and traded him like 20 times. When I made it to Jeuno and went to the inn for the Toshedo quest (to get the invite), he didn't give me the quest to get it, my fame was too low.
                          Quests are a bit quirky. The first time you complete a quest, you get full credit for it, fame-wise. Repeatable quests only give a tiny amount of additional fame each time you repeat them (i.e. Selbina millioncorn/La Theine cabbage and several other abusable quests). It takes many, many, many repetitions to get enough fame to get to the higher fame ranks you need to qualify for some of the better quests. Alternatively, there are a lot unique quests in each starting city (I don't know exactly how many there are these days, but around a hundred unique quests, give or take). It's sometimes easier just to cherry-pick easy quests in each city and develop fame that way, particularly if you don't have a lot of methods of easy transportation available to you yet.

Icemage

Comment

Working...
                          X