Farming For Gil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farming For Gil

Is farming mobs for gil a good wat to make money ?currently all i have is lvl 46 cooking and that doesnt make great profits if im honest, and just started whm and im outa money for scrolls.
    I have a lvl 31 Thf and thinking of farming with Drg/Thf does anybody know good areas and mobs to target for that sorta level or just maximum gil yeilding?
    War Lvl 37 Thf Lvl 31 Drg lvl69 Pld lvl 39 Nin 23 Whm 20 Blm 10 Smn- Fire weather, Do You Have It??????????

LinkShell - TheShortBus <<<Wikid

Cooking Lvl 48

Tho's that wish peace be prepared for war

Re: Farming For Gil

Farming mobs... is what most if not all people do, for gil.

Try this site for suggestions: Selphiie The Enchantress: Guide To Farming

Forgot to add, prices on that site might be out of date, use Final Fantasy XI Auction House - FFXIAH.com to find out the prices on your server if it's not a sell to NPC item.
    [LadyKiKi]
    Soloed to 75

[DRG | BST | PLD | NIN | RDM | THF | DRK | WHM | SAM]

all done via BST sub where applicable (no DRG/BST!)
    .:|The Prototype BST|:.
    Xtreme Precision Soloing [XPS]

Comment

Originally posted by MIthra_Akira View Post
      Is farming mobs for gil a good wat to make money ?currently all i have is lvl 46 cooking and that doesnt make great profits if im honest, and just started whm and im outa money for scrolls.
      I have a lvl 31 Thf and thinking of farming with Drg/Thf does anybody know good areas and mobs to target for that sorta level or just maximum gil yeilding?
      Ah yes the scrolls. They do cost a lot and i'll be honest with you, it gets a lot worse before it gets better. For your level i would strongly recommend farming bee type mobs in lower level areas like La Theine Huge wasps and North Gustaberg Maneating Hornets. They drop honey which a stack sells for 3-4k on Remora and they also drop Beehive Chips which again sell for 3-4k a stack or if ur wanting to work a little on alchemy, and i do mean a little bit, you can use a fire crystal and 3 beehive chips to make 1 beeswax. 1 satck of beeswax sells for 13-15k on Remora and the best bit is, the recipe is only lv 5 so even with breaks, as long as u farm the beehive chips, you will make huge profits in little time, as beeswax sells very fast as well

Comment

Originally posted by LadyKiKi View Post
        I think he was talking about farming mobs that drop gil and not items lol. I have heard some people say they do it sometimes to get quick gil. It might be easier if you had a 75 job with a AoE Weaponskill compared to subbing THF with a job that has AoE magic because the magic spell might get interrupted.
        {New Sig in the works}
        -----------------------
        "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
        "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
        Originally posted by Solymir
        What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

I did mean getting drops from mobs and selling them but gil drops are ok i gusse n thanks for the advice i will be looking into the beeswax thing they sell for like 12k on my server seems a good way to get some decent gil and i should proberly farm most my scrolls, also can i make beeswax from level 0 alchemy ?i assume i can but with a few breaks
          Thank you

ps im currently farming in Delfutts tower ,has like 150 gil drops from Trolls and mercury and pot shards from mobs sell well as well as x2 lighting cluster drops from elementals
          War Lvl 37 Thf Lvl 31 Drg lvl69 Pld lvl 39 Nin 23 Whm 20 Blm 10 Smn- Fire weather, Do You Have It??????????

Cooking Lvl 48

Comment

I did mean getting drops from mobs and selling them but gil drops are ok i gusse n thanks for the advice i will be looking into the beeswax thing they sell for like 12k on my server seems a good way to get some decent gil and i should proberly farm most my scrolls, also can i make beeswax from level 0 alchemy ?i assume i can but with a few breaks
            Thank you
            IMO Beeswax is not really gil/time efficient unless you can HQ it at a high enough rate, so it is almost cheaper just to sell the chips. Otherwise it'll take 3 stacks of beehive chips to make 1 stack of beeswax which 3 stacks of beehive chips would sell for about 12k total and save you the time of crafting as well. Now if you had high cooking (Edit: Looks like you have 46 Cooking so you should have about a 25% of HQ on Honey), you could have a good chance of HQ and turn the chips into honey which also makes around the same amount of gil as beehive chips per stack.
            {New Sig in the works}
            -----------------------
            "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

"Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.

Comment

What scrolls do you possibly need that is expensive for you anyway? If you're looking at Auction House prices they're expensive for a reason, people being lazy and not looking at where it can be purchased via NPC.

Do some Fields of Valor on lower job levels. You can "gil" packets for killing the required mobs. Use the tabs earned to do "Elite Training Regimes" and pop a NM (make sure you can kill first) with gil and kill it, earning you double the gil you put into it (cap is dependant on area).
              [LadyKiKi]
              Soloed to 75

[DRG | BST | PLD | NIN | RDM | THF | DRK | WHM | SAM]

all done via BST sub where applicable (no DRG/BST!)
              .:|The Prototype BST|:.
              Xtreme Precision Soloing [XPS]

Comment

Invest in getting your craft as high as you can and then use that to make cash. Farming is a lot more profitable when you can turn the items you farmed into items you synthed right on the spot, especially if you can HQ something. Cooking and Alchemy compliment each other nicely as well so it'll help you in the long run.
                "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

I trained up my weapon skills on my 35 war in Qufim with /thf and gillfinder you get at least 100gil per Gigga. Plus can level weapons up to around 80 skill level their, did, great sword, scythe, club, dagger, staff and polearm there.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyKiKi View Post

Try this site for suggestions: Selphiie The Enchantress: Guide To Farming

Forgot to add, prices on that site might be out of date, use Final Fantasy XI Auction House - FFXIAH.com to find out the prices on your server if it's not a sell to NPC item.
                    Fishing is a good fast easy way to get gil too.
                    A mans strength isn't measured by the size of his muscle, but by the size of his heart.

it's better to be a smart ass than a dumb ass.

R.I.P. Dura's Moms Hard Drive. 2002-2009 Gone, but not forgotten.

Your family must havehad a hen farm growin', up cause you sure know how to raise a cock

Comment

Best place to farm beehive chips is Giddeus in my opinion, you can run a nice little circuit there and by the time you run a lap, the bee's are already popping again. Just go in with plenty of space in your inventory for at least 10 stacks of chips.
                      Originally posted by Van Wilder
                      Worrying is like a rocking chair, gives you something to do, but doesnt get you anywhere
                      Originally posted by Taskmage
                      No matter how far an ass travels he will never be a horse. Some people are just bad players and no amount of tools you give them will change that.
                      Hexx of Quetzalcoatl - 78PLD, 90NIN, 90WAR, 90SAM, 90BLU,90THF, 90SCH,90COR
                      I'M BACK BABY!

Comment

Yo stupid me sold those to the vendor and a week before I quit playing.. I found out that were going for 5k a stack.. I was so ticked lol.
                        A mans strength isn't measured by the size of his muscle, but by the size of his heart.

it's better to be a smart ass than a dumb ass.

R.I.P. Dura's Moms Hard Drive. 2002-2009 Gone, but not forgotten.

Your family must havehad a hen farm growin', up cause you sure know how to raise a cock

Comment

I actually like farming in Giddeus. Chips, honey from Wasp. Plus gil and yag necklaces from yags with medicants and persecutors dropping silver beastcoins. Also you can steal silver beastcoins from the votary, priest ,theologist yags in low part of map on upper deck. Also the yag necklaces can be desynth into copper ingot for 4500-5k per stack. There is lots of competion there and also the Torrent yag NM drops zealot mitts and monster signa which sell pretty well.

Comment

Hmm i didnt think about Nm drops can Elites Be soloed?im not sure what the Elite fights are for either,i thoght about doing leaping lizzy for boots but i gusse its heavly camped but i could be ok i camp Valkurm Emperor alot (7 Kills no Drop ) is there any other good Nms that can drop stuff that sells ?

ps im not sure what crafts are worth investing in ,cooking is ok cuz it helps me but the gil is Little for time spent farming ingrdients and the cheap recipes sell for very little and not fast enough :/
                            Last edited by MIthra_Akira; 06-10-2009, 06:36 AM.

Cooking Lvl 48

Comment

Originally posted by Ziero View Post
                              Cooking and Alchemy compliment each other nicely as well so it'll help you in the long run.
                              ps im not sure what crafts are worth investing in ,cooking is ok cuz it helps me but the gil is Little for time spent farming ingrdients and the cheap recipes sell for very little and not fast enough :/
                              You pretty much have to check and play the AH game. Supply and Demand and all those economics. I have alchemy 81 now and I specifically leveled cooking to compliment alchemy. I have a Tier 3 (Or 50%) HQ rate on Echo Drops at that level. I leveled cooking to 63 so I'd have a Tier 3 HQ rate on Honey which is necessary to make the echo drops. I go out and farm maybe 6 stacks of beehive chips and then buy 2-3 extra stacks. So I'd end up with 12+ Stacks of honey. Take that and turn it into Echo Drops and end up with about 23+ Stacks selling at about 8-10k each. I haven't sold any since the market crash of remedies lol, but I might get out there and do it one day. Then send them to my 2 Jeuno mules and they'd usually be sold by the time I get home from work the next day.

I was glad I leveled cooking now that I play mage jobs lol. Being able to make your own juices for refresh is great.
                              {New Sig in the works}
                              -----------------------

Comment

Working...
                              X