Farming For Gil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Farming For Gil

so Alchemy is Profitable then? i assume its mroe expensive to level than cooking seeing as i made no loss or profit with most my recipes produced, whats alchemys big seller?
    War Lvl 37 Thf Lvl 31 Drg lvl69 Pld lvl 39 Nin 23 Whm 20 Blm 10 Smn- Fire weather, Do You Have It??????????

LinkShell - TheShortBus <<<Wikid

Cooking Lvl 48

Tho's that wish peace be prepared for war

Comment

Originally posted by Pwnagraphic View Post
      IMO Beeswax is not really gil/time efficient unless you can HQ it at a high enough rate, so it is almost cheaper just to sell the chips. Otherwise it'll take 3 stacks of beehive chips to make 1 stack of beeswax which 3 stacks of beehive chips would sell for about 12k total and save you the time of crafting as well. Now if you had high cooking (Edit: Looks like you have 46 Cooking so you should have about a 25% of HQ on Honey), you could have a good chance of HQ and turn the chips into honey which also makes around the same amount of gil as beehive chips per stack.
      Even if i buy everything to craft beeswax on my server i can still make a good 3-4k gil profit as it sells on my server anywhere between 13k-17k and in fact we saw it climb to 20k not too long agao, with beehive chips staying at 3k a stack.

Plus if you have a thf at lv 15 (even if you just sub it) you can farm 9 stacks in an hour, better still if you have a higher level thf with treasure hunter gear on. In fact a member of my ls maged to get 15 stacks within an hour, and that was with competition.

I will admit there are quicker ways to making gil but for the lower level players, who can solo exp the first few levels, bee type mobs are good to farm and level up at the same time.

Anyway, another way to make gil i find is that, though this is a lot less per stack, if you take a level 10-18 job in Giddeus you can de-sync yagudo necklaces dropped by yags and the best thing about it, with the lower job, they will drop wind crystals which are needed for the de-sync. It's a very easy one to do and it makes you 3 grass threads which a stack sells for 1.5-2k on my server. You might wanna check how many people are there before you go though as you may find a lot of competition due to Norg fame for trading in the necklaces

Comment

Originally posted by godsaiyan View Post
        Even if i buy everything to craft beeswax on my server i can still make a good 3-4k gil profit as it sells on my server anywhere between 13k-17k and in fact we saw it climb to 20k not too long agao, with beehive chips staying at 3k a stack.
        I've never seen it that high on my server. If it goes up to 20k then it might actually be worth the time to farm and craft it, otherwise you are wasting both gil and time unless you can HQ it. Since Akira has midrange cooking it might be more gil efficient to make honey instead.

Plus if you have a thf at lv 15 (even if you just sub it) you can farm 9 stacks in an hour
        I usually get around 6-7 stacks and 2-3 stacks of honey within about 1 hour and 30 mins. I always went WAR/THF and brought a great axe until I started realizing that the delay is killer so I started lugging my martial axe around instead.

might wanna check how many people are there before you go though as you may find a lot of competition due to Norg fame for trading in the necklaces
        Yeah, if you are going to a zone to farm, it is easier to search the area before you go all the way out there and find out that somebody already has a route on the bees (or Yagudo) and is ahead of you. In the zone I farm chips in, there has hardly been anybody out there lately and I don't know why.

Originally posted by MIthra_Akira View Post
        so Alchemy is Profitable then?
        Yes

whats alchemys big seller?
        I'm not exactly sure. I just know what works for me. I'm level 81 and I mainly use it for crafting the materials to make bolt heads and then using woodworking to make status bolts.

i assume its mroe expensive to level than cooking seeing as i made no loss or profit with most my recipes produced.
        You can break even sometimes if the AH/server is nice to you. Usually you'll even make gil along the way if choose to stop leveling a craft so you can try to make a profit for a short while.
        Last edited by Durahansolo; 06-11-2009, 04:38 AM.
        {New Sig in the works}
        -----------------------
        "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
        "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
        Originally posted by Solymir
        What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Some of the lower lvl NMs like Spininy in West Saurabutaru and some of the other low lvl NMs that pop like every 1-3hrs are good but usually time consuming. If an NM is in your general farming area then I suggest going for it. You can also mine, harvet, excavate, or chocobo dig for materials that sell pretty well from certain areas. Its not time consuming and you usually can sell or low lvl synth most items into fast selling items. Just try it all and you find your niche.

Comment

Biggest profit would be those that make u a little money but those stack up over time - sometimes thats the best route as a Leathercrafter myself but if you want to be a risk taker, u can try ur shot at making Curse Gears such as Cursed Gauntlets -1.

On Siren those sell real quick but the synth loss for getting NQ hurts the wallet.
            「楽しい時を皆過しなさい!」 -Have Fun Everyone!♪

FFXIAH//Sig Wallpaper//Turn it Up

Comment

Working...
            X