American Expansion on EU ffxi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Expansion on EU ffxi?

I ordered ToA for my friend off an english site i might add, and the american version of the expansion arrived (all other sites werent supplying it anymore >.<)
    So now when he trys to install it it says ffxi is not installed on his pc which has the EU version of ffxi on. Anyway i was wondering is there a way to make them compatible or anything? :/

Re: American Expansion on EU ffxi?

unfortunately no. iirc, each region requires the specific region keys to work.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

It's not the software that is incompatible, it is the registration keys.

You can't register a EU expansion key on an account opened with the NA version of FFXI (same goes for JP version).

Comment

You can play any region account on any version of FFXI. For example, I can play my NA account on an EU installed game. The thing is, your billing details need to be current on the version your account is registered on and the account keys need to be registered on that region also.

So, if your friend has an EU account he can play on an NA installed game by inputting his PlayOnline ID. Problem comes when he tries to change his credit card or register a new expansion on an NA account. In this instance, he'd need the EU POL disc in order to amend his account details etc. This doesn't mean installing the whole game again, just overwriting the NA POL with the EU one in order to change his details. Once he's done that he needs to unistall the EU POL and reinstall the NA one.

Now, it sounds like you bought your friend the NA ToAU for him and he has a EU account. In this instance you may as well make handy cup mats with those discs if you can't get your money back. If he has an EU account he needs an EU ToAU account key to register the expansion.

Comment

I thought so thanks for the replys >.<.

Comment

Check your mail out mate, may have a solution to your problem.

Comment

I have an almost identical problem.I have the eu version of ffxi with all the expansions registered.But my ToUA disc refuses to install.
              i tried searching the web for an eu version torrent of ToUA but couldn't find one and so i got the US version.
              On install it sais that FFXI is not installed.Is there a way to just install the software since in the 2 version the game files are the same ?

Comment

Working...
              X