Echo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Echo

I've been playing the game for a little while now and I've always been wondering how "/echo" works I've seen it mentioned a few times in forums but have never known how or what it does. Can someone please tell me?

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
    Final Fantasy

Re: Echo

/echo gives you the ability to show text to yourself only.

For instance:

/ja "Corsair's Roll" <me>
    /echo Lucky Number : 5

This will show you "Lucky Number : 5" every time you activate Corsair's Roll to remind you not to Double Up if you hit 5.

Icemage

Comment

Originally posted by Icemage View Post
      /ja "Corsair's Roll" <me>
      /echo Lucky Number : 5

This will show you "Lucky Number : 5" every time you activate Corsair's Roll to remind you not to Double Up if you hit 5.
      That's actually the best use for /echo I've seen so far. If it was one of my macros for PLD it would be something like:

/ja Provoke <t>
      /echo Don't die again you noob! >.<

So it wouldn't be that useful.
      sigpic
      "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
      Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

I like to use the following /echos:

/echo <pettp>
        /echo Lucky: ??? Unlucky: ???
        /echo <Command Name> Ready in 5 seconds!

The third one being the most common since I'm rarely with a pet except the occasional puppet or avatar and I haven't picked COR back up sincd 15th. I use it for special cases when I need very accurate timing and will only ever be doing one thing using macros (rare).

The occasions I use this:
        1. Astral Flow: During Astral Flow I don't do anything but Astral Flow.
        2. Puppet Commands: These are quick and I like to know when I can put one back on to keep him at 3 commands.
        3. Chocobo Digging: It's nice to know and this is how you tell whether you've gained a level or not (so I've heard, I have yet to gain a digging level).

You might say Provoke, but you really want your PT to know when you can do this. Most parties, on the other hand, don't give a flying f when you activate a Fire Maneuver (Every 20 seconds, I think?). Some people like to see the lucky rolls, but I just tell them manually when it's lucky.

Comment

I use echo to find pet tp so I can use sic. I just found out about its glory the other day. The macro is: /recast sic -----skip line: /echo Pet tp: <tp>
          Twilightrose- THF/49 WAR/24 WHM/53 BLM/32 RNG/15 BST/25 NIN/27

Comment

I see thanks alot guys! That's a useful bit of knowledge to know.

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
            Final Fantasy

Comment

It's useful if your macro starts off with a /wait, so that you know if it fired off or not. It used to be useful when fishing, though I can't think of any other instances offhand where this would be useful now.
              I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

what for fishing? never heard that before
                "Death shall seek you out, If death fails, I promise you, i wont." ~ Srxjo (me)
                "My lips are stained scarlet red from my blood" ~Srxjo (me)
                "The greatest pain in this world is losing that which is closest to ones own heart" ~Srxjo (me)

Comment

fishing used to have up to 10 seconds delay before you can cast your next line. So the common fishing macro used to be something like this

/echo fishing in xx second
                  /your favourite emote (optional)
                  /wait xx
                  /fish
                  There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                  but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                  transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

I use it all the time for equipment swaps, especially elemental staves. I might accidentaly hit Alt-3 nstead of Alt-2 and cast Blizzaga III with my Thunder staff instead of my Aquilio's. 10% damage down the drain!

That way it I hit Alt-3 I see "Thudner Staff Equiped" so I can hit the right one before the spell goes off.
                    Originally posted by Ellipses
                    Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
                    Originally posted by MCLV
                    A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
                    More Sig:

Comment

Working...
                    X