X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sad, russta

well russta quit
    russta.livejournal.com
    Last edited by valru; 09-19-2006, 09:13 PM.

Re: sad, russta

Sorry to hear Carbuncle server lost someone.
    Happy trails wherever russta went.

Comment

he played on ragnarok, not carbuncle. I just read his blog alot.

Comment

Everyone quits eventually. He'd been playing a long time and wasn't enjoying the game anymore. I hope he has more fun in his new endeavors.

Comment

I find that people who join HNMLS end up quitting for all the same reasons, and that is being burned out and tired of the game.

Obviously not meaning to generalize, but its just more common those people quitting over that reason than anyone else, i steer away from HNMLS as much as i can, i dont want to be anyone's servant.

Dunno why i said that, but i did, look away now.
          signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

I think there is a fair amount of truth to that, to be honest, Balfree. I've found that those who live eat and breathe endgame only in this game (or any, really) are the ones that get burned out the fastest. Not that everyone has to have 18 level 75 jobs, but taking a break from the endless claim-fests against RMT and other shells can only be good for a person.

What I don't like (and this is just me) is when people get all sanctimonious about leaving. Just leave, folks. Say your goodbyes and all that, but don't act as though you're moving on to some higher plane of existence. You're just quitting an MMO. We're not all a bunch of poor fools who don't know any better. We're just still playing the game that you used to enjoy as much as we do. Get over yourselves.

Comment

holy crap! indeed

but if anyone can say they've done everything in this game, it would be him.

I would post a farewell on his blog, but damn work blocks it (lol adult content).

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Yea, I dont see how HNM LS Leaders can do Dynamis/HNMs/Sky all the time. To me it gets repetitive fast and really boring after three or four runs.

Comment

wait a second, was this a new entry or the joke post after he got a shadow mantle? I can't see his blog

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

News of this was spreading last week when I heard it. Didnt want believe it at first, but his LJ confirmed it. I regularly checked his blog when he was on an NM hunting spree there for a while, and his info on Corsair and Blue Mage was great as well.

I agree with the HNM stuff. You get the items you cant get otherwise, but a little part of me dies everytime I see on LS (or related)

<LS-Leader> everyone gather in DA, fafhogg window starts soon

Me: yay... 6 hours of standing around so I can watch a bot claim whatever pops

75 BLU | THF | PLD

Comment

Originally posted by neighbortaru View Post
                      wait a second, was this a new entry or the joke post after he got a shadow mantle? I can't see his blog
                      He hasnt posted anything since he made this entry. Ill quote it for you...

Originally posted by Russta from LJ
                      Wednesday, September 13th, 2006 - 7:58 am - lf1m sfk dps pst

I'm not going to go into this too deeply but I've decided to quit FFXI for good. I've held off posting this or letting anyone know for a while but there's just no way I can go back to Vana'diel anymore. My account won't be deleted nor harvested and I may pop in from time-to-time to mess around with "new" content and to say hi to people but that's probably about it. There was something that pushed me over the edge but, to be honest, I've been obligatorily playing FFXI for almost two years now and after finding something I find tenfold more enjoyable with a group of close friends, it's not in me to blame any one thing or any one person. I'm uncertain what will happen with this LJ but it definitely won't be deleted (just don't expect many more FFXI updates) so everyone can continue to get information I've written over the past three years.

I'll stick around the FFXI community and fulfill my role of mod at BG so I'll always be contactable.

Thanks for reading!

75 BLU | THF | PLD

Comment

The real question is why didn't he save us all the trouble and quit sooner.

SIRRY ROUNDEYE

Comment

What trouble? The trouble of not having to read his journal? O.o

Comment

The trouble of having to deal with his egocentric, selfish ways.

SIRRY ROUNDEYE

Comment

Originally posted by Tripmastermonky View Post
                              The trouble of having to deal with his egocentric, selfish ways.
                              Are you on his server, and have you been a direct victim of this? If not, please put down the bottle of Haterade.

Russta's been in FFXI a very long time and is one of the most knowledgeable players who has ever played the game - he's probably forgotten more about playing FFXI than I've ever learned, and I'm no slouch. Moreover, he was willing to take the time to share that knowledge with other players - if he were really interested in being selfish, he could have just kept his tactics and strategies (many of which were trailblazing) to himself and left the rest of the playing community in ignorance.

Egocentric he may be, but he cared a lot about the game and did what he could to make it a better place, and doesn't deserve this sort of insult.

Icemage

Comment

Working...
                              X