Editing .lst files in Altana?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing .lst files in Altana?

ok i have been having a problem and the net is seriously lacking in answers so I am hoping you guys can help.

I wish to add .dat files to the lists in Altana rather then overwriting original files in the ROM folders. I can open the lists no problem in excel 2003 and 2007 and open office, but yet when i try to save them I get errors saying that things may be lost.

so I save them as CVS (comma dilineated) like they show in my explorer. and when I reopen Altana with the new lists, the list I edited greys out from altana and that section of equipment goes blank in the model.

I have also tried opening in wordpad and notepad, these also dont seem to work.

I have done this in MV and it works great, but I prefer altana and would like to be able to use my modded .dats there as well.

Does anyone know how I can successfully edit the list files and what format to save them in so they work?

Thanks for any answers you all can provide.
    Last edited by Langers; 05-08-2009, 10:34 AM.

Re: Editing .lst files in Altana?

Right Click the .lst file, Choose Open With... and open with Notepad.

You might need to uncheck the 'Hide known file extensions' option in [View] tab of the Tools - Folder Options Otherwise you might be saving as name.lst.txt (in Notepad)

You mentioned that it doesn't work with notepad or wordpad, what exactly isn't working for you??

http://www.neko-sentai.com/users/dracovivi/

Comment

Originally posted by Dracovivi View Post
      Right Click the .lst file, Choose Open With... and open with Notepad.

You might need to uncheck the 'Hide known file extensions' option in [View] tab of the Tools - Folder Options Otherwise you might be saving as name.lst.txt (in Notepad)

You mentioned that it doesn't work with notepad or wordpad, what exactly isn't working for you??
      that did it, and yes it was saving as .lst.txt, all working now thank you.

Comment

Not a problem. Glad it was a simple fix.

http://www.neko-sentai.com/users/dracovivi/

Comment

Working...
        X