EG Avatars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EG Avatars

Hmm, gotta wonder why I actually modded on a weekeday. Note, I only work on big things Fri-Sun and easy stuff Mon-Thu if I have the time.

Let me put up my so called "Avatar Disclaimer" for you guys first. I have to do it actually lol.

Disclaimer
    - ANY avatar mod Shadow does is final when he shows it to the public. There may be things Shadow would like to fix or add, but will not add or fix.
    - Shadow does not care if you do not like whatever Avatar mod he does.
    - Shadow does not take requests to fix this or that for a avatar, you fix it yourself. IF you wish to send me a PM about a certain avatar I modified, it better be a thank you PM.
    - Shadow is not responsible if it does not look right in game. Avatars are released as is. If it doesn't work, Shadow does not care.
    - Shadow does nothing special to the avatars like he does with armor/weapon/other mods. He simply retextures them because he thinks SE did a great job on avatars (Probably the only positive feedback SE will ever get from me on the graphics end).
    - Shadow knows that when in game, avatars have some kind of glow effect to them. Shadow will not fix the glow effect on the avatar if it does not look right on whatever avatar he modded. Once again, avatars are released as is.
    - Shadow does not work on avatar mods a lot so he can go for a month or two and finally release the next.
    - Shadow works/releases new avatar mods because he wants fellow Summoners to have something also and thinks there are too few avatar mods.
    - Shadow IS responsible if he places the incorrect dat file in the rar file or gives wrong links. Therefore you can beat his ass .
    - You will not see Shadow's avatar mods on his site until he finishes adding work from other JP/NA modders. Thus you will not see anything avatar based by Shadow until 7491 in which Shadow should be 5k+ years old. Yes, Shadow is immortal!
    - Lastly, Shadow does not care. This can be taken in any way, shape, or form as Shadow does not care .

End disclaimer

Yeah, I do that for a reason. That disclaimer is mildly amusing to me though.

Now on to this short paragraph...........

I decided after the night I last worked on my EG Armor (Different project as you know), I wanted to make avatars based off the textures or lets just say.......egyptian style avatars. All textures used for the avatars come from that armor set. This project, "EG Avatars," is a project that is not related to my "Demios Project," it just uses textures (or future ones since the armor is not done) from EG armor that I like so much. Therefore, EG Avatars is its own project which has its own timeframe when it comes to being fully finished. I will do all the avatars, but I only have one done for now.

A egyptian goddess needs her own guard dog now doesn't she? And this is quite a gruesome "dog."

Egyptian Fenrir

We mated a original fenrir from the world of Vana'diel with a Egyptian fenrir from the real world to get what you see above . Then it got sent to the Egyptian goddess's world and teh Egyptian goddess gave the newborn some powers. This is her loyal guard dog that guards her at all times.

Here
    http://mods.shadow-ffxi.com/Avatars/EGFenrir.rar

Who is the next avatar to do you ask? Even I don't know this, but I do know that I could do the next one a day from now or take a month to do the next one. And no, there is no way a person could rush me unless there is a gun to my head in real life. I love being sarcastic btw .

Anyways, summoners who like, enjoy.

Elite noob modder

Re: EG Avatars

Hah lovely.

Reminds me of Stargate for some reason.

Comment

Awesome X

Hmm, due to the amount that downloaded the Fenrir one, after working on my csc hw I decided to work on another today. Actually I got that backwards.........I finished it then i worked on my csc hw.

EG Shiva
      You have to have some kind of female guard no lol? Mees a likesees and thats all that matters lol.

Hmm, lets see..........some notes

Let me edumacate the ones that don't know. Basically, when I do any type of modding for a game, I think of it as programming. To be more specific.....algorithms. For any mods I do for this game, I have to have some kind of algorithm. It takes a lot of thinking and work on how to get what you want in the end. This is quite a long process for any mod I do actually. Infact, it takes me about 5-6 hours a avatar. Things like armor is a different story though.

So taking what I just said above, you have to ask yourself a series of questions. Obviously, lets cover this particular avatar

1. What I tried to do with EG Shiva is make that black see through which is why her face is the normal white/purplish looking color. You cannot do such things in this game so I tried a alternative. This is why her face remains unchanged.

2. Shiva's face as black does not look right.

3. The textures at default for anything in this game are low quality......or lets say low resolution. Some things appear stretched thus you will have to work with that. If textures were bumped in resolution, it would probably look a whole lot better.

4. Due to the stretching, some textures you design may look wierd. In this case, I was going to use the gold textures elsewhere for Shiva, but it did not look right.

5. Shiva's hair is black instead of gold because the gold textures didn't look all so hot on her hair. Infact.....it looked just plain wierd.

Oh that download link..........where did I put it? You better hope its the right thing or the link actually works lol .

http://mods.shadow-ffxi.com/Avatars/EGShiva.rar

I forgot that there are 2 different avatar dat files for things. If you use modelviewer, I use the first set of them. If that is a issue in which I doubt, then all you really have to do is find the correct one, extract the dds file from mine and put it in the other one. Once again, I highly doubt it matters because the filesize for both of them are the same. For ramuh, I think its different though. Anyways, tough luck if so lol.

Hmm, from my viewpoint, my best Shiva mod. Uses things that I will be using for my armor set obviously. Infact, I like that black so called "see through (not really though)" texture that I will try and do that as a alt. for my armor. Probably can't get it to look like that, but hey, I'll give it a shot.

The reason why I stated the above (Not that above paragraph, but the things before it) is because thinking about how you want to do things like this is pretty tough since you have a lot of obstacles. I actually started on Leviathan first, but I couldn't really get it looking how I wanted. Then I tried Shiva and at my halfway point, I was about to quit. Then I started from scratch again and took super slow and well.........thats what you see above.

Meh, methinks its time to go m.i.a for a good few weeks, but I doubt that will happen lol. Oh wait.........Disgaea 2 can make me go m.i.a.

Elite noob modder

Comment

Originally posted by Mellowy View Post
        Hah lovely.
        Reminds me of Stargate for some reason.
        LOL...........stargate. Yeah, I was really trying for that "look" ya know .

Elite noob modder

Comment

When you say shadow, were you refering to yourself?
          There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
          but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
          transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Lol Jei, I thought the same thing too until I saw the avatar. So yes, they are Shadow.

Shadow: Fenrir mod looks very nice, very nice indeed.
            Shiva mod looks fantastic. Keep up the good work.
            I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Looking forward to a set. Gonna swap over when there all done.

Medalink

Comment

I was going to point out that the head stands out, but as seen in your post you already knew that.

It will be hard to decide if I want to remove my other custom dat with that awesome ice feeling I already have, but I saved this one just incase.

Comment

Ciara

Hmm, what was next? Is there another avatar? Why am I even posting? Hmm, I guess I'll just bump my post count more since I have nothing........oh wait, now I remember.

Well, the goddess decided she needed greater protection thus she transformed
                  Ramuh into a Egyptian Thunder god with new protective armor and the
                  ability to cast Dark/Ultimaspells (Too bad you can't use these in the actual game haha). You do not want to be in his sight if you are against the goddess's reign as he is one of the most deadliest and destructive foes
                  the empress has.

Probably my best and only best ramuh retexture that I will ever do for him. Heh, you won't see any jp or anyone else ever making something like this . Teh noob modder did it all haha.

EG Ramuh

Oh that shot above? That was actually a mock up of what I wanted to do. I haven't really worked with the dat file just yet. Lol, do you think I'm serious?

http://mods.shadow-ffxi.com/Avatars/EGRamuh.rar

Off topic, but wonder why I posted early? I actually finished this Thursday night, but I didn't feel like producing the renders nor putting it on my server that night. If I didn't finish this Thursday, you wouldn't of seen it until Monday.

Some notes...

- Like I said before, all avatars (even carbuncle) seemed stretched. In Ramuh's case, his staff was stretched beyond porportion thus designing any snazzy texture would look pretty funky looking. Unlike Shiva, this was the only thing that seemed extremely "stretched."

- The bottom part of his robe is not connected with the rest of it for some reason so I had some trouble with the front design. I got it just right, but I am a couple pixels off. Ofcourse, I'm not going to point out what I mean. I am not fixing this. I think I played with that for about 20 mins and said, "Its good to go."

- HQ renders are very decieving for the lower part of his robe. The lower part is transparent thus the lower part will look differnet in game.

- The red part collides with his robe showing the red part overlapping the black part in some cases. This is not my fault....it is actually SE's fault. They must of made that part too big or got the skeletal weight wrong. I was going to fix that, but I decided not to. Go fix it yourself, just know its SE's fault lol.

- I included 2 different files because I think a long time ago when I did play the game and modded avatar files, I noticed ramuh was different. So just for insurance, I included two ramuh files. Like I stated before, I HIGHLY doubt it matters which one you use because both are the same file size. If Fenrir and Shiva worked for people, then the 73 one in this rar file will work.

Hmm, which one do I like so far? Tough choice. Ramuh looks pretty badass with the snazzy design I gave him, but I also like Shiva . Fenrir is good, but he is just my evil guard dog so he's not included in this .

Hmm...which one was the hardest to do so far? Shiva would take the cake on this one. I outlined Fenrir a long time ago in my devil fenrir mod (never released to public), so I already knew how to lay out the textures. Ramuh was actually pretty easy, but figuring out how to layout the textures and colors were kinda annoying. And that part with the lower part of his robe..very annoying. Funny thing is this though.....Ramuh and Shiva took the same time to complete almost.........about 6-7 hours. Fenrir was a mere 3-4 hours.

Hmm, thats all for now. Weekends are usually spent working on more complicated and bigger projects. In this case, my EG armor. Gogo 100 drafts! Anyways, next avatar? Hmm, here is a clue. Who is the easiest avatar to edit? Oh, I know what most are thinking, but you may be wrong on that . Might work on it this weekend, but I dunno. I have to put priority towards a website over the weekend (Not SL).

Elite noob modder

Comment

These are sweeeet. Can't wait for the set. GJ Shadow.

NIN75/RNG75/RDM75
                    SMN66/COR66/WAR55/BRD55/DRK51

Stephen King's Wizard and Glass: Fools are the only folk on earth absolutely guaranteed to get what they deserve.

Comment

Whoopsie

Note, I repackaged the rar file. If you downloaded it a hour ago, you may as well re download it. The reason why is in the comment of the rar file. We all make mistakes don't we ?

Elite noob modder

Comment

Yes, when I say Shadow, I mean me. When I registered on these forums long ago, I went by my ffxi ingame name "Hyades." If a admin want to dump whoever has the user name Shadow and give it to me, then there would be no more confusion lol. But yeah, on every other forum I post at, I usually go by Shadow hence my domain name "shadow-ffxi.com."

Here is a human version of Shiva for those who want a human like EG shiva. I was able to modify her face rather well this time around, but I'm still not making it black. I cannot make that look like the black body textures. Sure, if I got a ton of pms and emails about making the face black, then yeah, I'd probably attempt to making her face black again. Remember, face textures are very delicate compared to anything else so you have to take a lot of caution on what you do.

EG Shiva - HM
                        Version 1

Version 2

http://mods.shadow-ffxi.com/Avatars/EGShivaHuman.rar

Will probably do the next avatar tonight now that I think about it.

Edit
                        Ok, everything is fine now. Man, what a rush lol.
                        Last edited by Hyades; 10-27-2006, 01:26 PM.

Elite noob modder

Comment

I think people just found it odd that you were referring to yourself in the third person.

But neat mods, regardless. I like 'em.^^

Comment

Jimmy's had his eye on you. Jimmy would like to take you out to dinner.

Thats the guy who sidelined Jimmy!

Ramuh mod looks incredible. Keep up the good work.
                            I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

I'd assume the easiest one to mod would be carby (because he is small) or levi (because he is just a long cone). It will be interesting to see if I'm right

I like the speed you pump out these avatar mods. Might end up using them all but shiva. (I'm sorry, the older ice-special design is just simply unbeatable).

Comment

Working...
                              X