This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: VRS Motion

Question. How would I go about making a weight follow a certian point on a skeleton no matter where it went?

Say in the case of a weapon that sits at your hip. The motion moves the hip in a 360 degree spin motion. I fyou do simple transfer of weights they don't follow the hip movement, just stay in the same position while the character moves in a spinning motion.

I don't know if you explained it already, but I'm having a hard time trying to get a weapon to stay on the left hip as it spins around and I'm not sure how to fix it >.<

Comment

Originally posted by Rashia View Post
      Question. How would I go about making a weight follow a certian point on a skeleton no matter where it went?
      Say in the case of a weapon that sits at your hip. The motion moves the hip in a 360 degree spin motion. I fyou do simple transfer of weights they don't follow the hip movement, just stay in the same position while the character moves in a spinning motion.
      I don't know if you explained it already, but I'm having a hard time trying to get a weapon to stay on the left hip as it spins around and I'm not sure how to fix it >.<
      Lol, been a while since I've been able to get back to checking stuff and all. Don't know if you solved this but if a weapon is staying stationary it's because that axis was told to stay at that spot the whole way through. The easiest way to fix since the skeletons for the weapons are all tied to the hip is to remove the instructions for the axis that is telling it to stay there.

Once you do that the weapon should follow as the hip rotates, so in your case you should only need 2 of the 3 axis' filled in with data. The last one you want to make sure is not there at all. Would try to be more specific on which axis it is, but I've got to get back to messing with it again to know that type of detail. I know it's either Z or Y axis.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Tried both and neither axis seemed to help the issue. When I removed Z axis the weapon still holds position, but doesn't follow waist. If I remove the Y it will drop to the ground. Went as far as to mess with X also but saw no change orther then slight movement variance. It's almost as if I'd have to recreat a new Z and X path to get it to do what I want but doing that for ever weapon isn't exactly something I want to spend time on. Did that once for another motion and while it turned out ok in the end...it took me about 2 weeks to get the right paths created. With this animation I have a felling it would take alot longer and I've already spent 2 months working on it as is.

Would just be nice if I could create the paths by telling the weapon what point on the body to follow, anchor it to a specific point on the skeleton. Guess I'll just scrap this motion..I'm really tired of working on it, not like I even play FFXI anymore anyway.
        Last edited by Rashia; 07-04-2007, 08:53 AM.

Comment

guide is broken .. all i see is image 1 image 2 image 3 etc where images should be.. help?

Comment

This thread is 2.5 years old.
            Thanks Kazuki.
            Dragoon Equipment

Comment

well i wanna make motions dammit >;3

Comment

Try these sites:

o.O.o Final Fantasy XI Dats o.O.o - FFXI Dat Files / Skins

FFXI Mod Community - Dat's and Tools
                Originally posted by Feba
                But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                Originally posted by Taskmage
                God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                Originally posted by DakAttack
                ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X