Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

finally finished beta of gatsu.. comments?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finally finished beta of gatsu.. comments?

Ok I finally decided to bear down and REALLY start on this...heres the verdict ...while I'm not 100% happy with it but, lemme know what needs to be done. the eye is non functional, and twitches a tiny bit like it should....should i add a scar? also the bangs arent perfect but in V1 ill make them real and not drawn on. also maybe someone can shade it a bit better for me....anyways heres the BETA version of it... will work on V1 when i have a chance....
    also theres an issue when I convert it has a green tint...if someone knows a way to fix that its much appreciated. i circled the green spots, and i THINK the face tints slightly too...but here it is..feedback is very appreciated.

also i forgot to fix the shading on the sideof the head ...sorry....guess thats for V1 lol.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dabadking; 07-17-2006, 03:52 PM.
    A LMFAO production:
    How to Kill a Ninja----
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...76&q=askaninja

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature

Re: finally finished beta of gatsu.. comments?

Maybe its just me, but the nose stands out a bit more than it should. Seems like the color doesn't match the rest of the face. I like what you've done so far though. Keep working with it and perfection will be granted soon enough.

Comment

yeah I know..the noce, mouth easr and eyes were made by someone else. I just made the hair, and put all of that together..it was originally on a head model with hair laying down....it wasnt the easiest task putting this face onto that head model...they didnt line up well, but I think I got it at least acceptable for now....also the biggest thing is when i convert to DDS the skin changes color along with the hair slightly so...it affects some spots more than others...bugs the hell out of me
      A LMFAO production:
      How to Kill a Ninja----

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature

Comment

I can understand that being bothersome. I've been glancing at the pictures a bit more and I like the jawline, mouth, and ears fine; it really is just the nose. The hair looks pretty good aside from the bangs looking flat and undefined. One last thing that I noticed is this face kind of resembles his younger face so unless you add the other scars then the eye won't seem right.

Comment

well I dont even know who this is lol... so I just got the actual scarred face from Zigan... if you wouldnt mind making some scarring on it that'd be cool I dont shade stuff much, i normally just texture, or model. as for the bangs...yeah thats why this one is beta.... I mentioned making fully 3D bangs but ...only problem i have with them is I dont want to leave them non moveable.. I'd like them to sway a bit...it thats even possible..I just put this up for now because this was requested about a month ago... just got around to doing it lol. Also as for the nose... it looks very nice in game... I thought it would look bad too but...it looks nice in game

just took that pic not even 5 mins ago... I dont use a windower or fraps so...hope it looks ok.

heres what the original skin that was used looked like
          http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/1157/image44fw.gif
          Attached Files
          Last edited by dabadking; 07-05-2006, 08:06 PM.
          A LMFAO production:
          How to Kill a Ninja----

Comment

No scar on his nose, hair is very wierd and the eye thats closed is iffy... i dunno about this project, its a little farfetched and has to be handled delicatly if you ask me. Goodjob on it though anyway, much better meshing than i could do.

Comment

The anime/manga is called Berserk.

Wow, it really does look pretty good in the game.

The scar on his nose heals over time, but is always kind of there. The scar on the side of his face comes and goes. He always seems to get cut there. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Zigan
                No scar on his nose, hair is very wierd and the eye thats closed is iffy... i dunno about this project, its a little farfetched and has to be handled delicatly if you ask me. Goodjob on it though anyway, much better meshing than i could do.
                yeah...about that scar lol... I used your textures but...the scar doesnt show up no matter how hard I tried.... well it did when it was Black BUT.... it didnt look pretty lol... its hard to get the scar on the noce just right because the lighting actually changes it... but its there, its just.....faded a bit... i tried to darken it but like I said... shading is a pain for me. also the eye looks much better in action...test it out in game and you'll see what I mean. I wasnt too impressed with it at first....I'm still not actually but... after seeing it in game I dont think its THAAAT bad ...I CAN make his eye squint a bit but... it might look funny.if you give me some good shading or something I can work with I might be able to come up with something a lot better. like I said Ive never seen the anime, and in the CG pics his scar is barely there as well. I didnt add any scar to his eye.....I thought about it but didnt want to ruin it. I figured someone whose better at that than I am should give it a go before I change the base image.... its always easier to add things than to take them off, so I left it semi bare so it can get finished by the right people, and they dont spend hours trying to work around what I ATTEMPTED to make lol...you know... like a haircut...easier to take off than to put on....>.>....but the other way around in this case ...
                A LMFAO production:
                How to Kill a Ninja----

Comment

personally I love it , Great job man!

Comment

you know...its funny. Hexnefx has been trying to get someone to make this for what seems like forever....and I grant the request, and hes been all over it ever since.....now that I actually finished it and its up...hes going to end up being the last one to see it XD ...go figure lol
                    A LMFAO production:
                    How to Kill a Ninja----

Comment

It looks great so far, except as someone posted earlier, the strips of hair need to be defined a bit more on his forehead, and I don't think they reach to the very end where his sideburns begin, as far as how wide they have to spread out over his forehead, but it still looks good. Also, the eyebrows, they should be a bit more bushier.

As far as the hair, awesome job, and the closed eye looks good, shading may need some work around the eyes, but in game, as you said, you would not probably even notice it.

You also mentioned about making the strips of hair stick out with movement, hats off if you pull it off man. Once again, I appreciate your efforts, it's more than what I had anticipated.

Double Post Edited:
                      By the way, I tried to replace the file ROM/27/89.dat which is the Hume-M F2A Head and I got an invisible head.

???
                      Last edited by hexnefx; 07-12-2006, 12:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

invisible head? O.o ....(sorry was taking a slight break from modding, so didnt check the forums for a bit) ....wierd...dunno why that would happen...it works for other head models though right?...I'll have to check that out tomorrow and see if it does that in mine..
                        A LMFAO production:
                        How to Kill a Ninja----

Comment

I get an invisible head for Hume M head when I replace file, notice that the file size is a lot smaller too. Am I doing something wrong? Directory for file?

Comment

try it now, for some reason it didnt upload my .zip completely??...I dunno, SOMETHING happened...anyways I downloaded my file and got a blank head too, so I found a slightly older version of the one I made (I restored my original after I finished, thinking the original .zip was working.) the only difference with this and the newer one was I fixed the shading around the eyes a bit, but since I'm not up to doing that lately I just put the one I had up. It can be fixed with very very little touch up so no worries ^^ getting ready to focus on schooling, and have been sick this weekend so most likely will not be very active mod-wise, if at all for a while.

as for the older version having shading problems, I dont remember seeing this in the game itself...or very little that I remember..for some reason it just really stood out in modelviewer, but not so much in game. I later fixed all of the shading but none of these pics show the newer one so what you see in the pics will be what the one you download looks like including the in game shot.
                            A LMFAO production:
                            How to Kill a Ninja----

Comment

Well, here's what I got so far. My only complaint is the eyebrows, was wondering if you could make em a bit bushier and possibly fix the shading a bit on the closed eye.

If you can't or don't have the time, it's cool. It's better than nothing.

Thanks debad!

[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X