Dat Mod Request for mithra hair!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dat Mod Request for mithra hair!

Okay so this is my first time doing this. I was hoping someone could pull off a mithra hair mod for me. I don't know how difficult it would be but I thought I'd ask anyway. I'd like the hairstyle to be for the mithra head I already have in my avatar. here as some images on the hairstyle. Note that the hairstyle has ribbons too. If it's possible I would like to have the ribbons in an olive green color.

Thanks in advance for anyone who decides to take this on and manages to pull it off

Double Post Edited:
    ergh I forgot I changed my avatar already. i'll have the mithra head up in a moment
    Attached Files
    Last edited by nanatsu; 06-20-2006, 10:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    My Signature. Now with 50% more processed ham product than those other leading signatures.

Which FF Character Are You?
    Originally posted by Balfree
    Why does every discussion have to be a little festivity of sorts, with purple doom rain and lunatic frogs singing the yodelay on top of mushrooms and little babies being eaten by crazy flying cows and green gas explosions on the horizon and screaming goats?

Re: Dat Mod Request for mithra hair!

It's face 7B that I have now.
    Attached Files
    My Signature. Now with 50% more processed ham product than those other leading signatures.

Why does every discussion have to be a little festivity of sorts, with purple doom rain and lunatic frogs singing the yodelay on top of mushrooms and little babies being eaten by crazy flying cows and green gas explosions on the horizon and screaming goats?

Comment

I guess this means no one is able to tackle this Does anyone have any ideas about where I can go to hopefully have this done without trying to do it myself? >_>

Comment

Originally posted by nanatsu
        I guess this means no one is able to tackle this Does anyone have any ideas about where I can go to hopefully have this done without trying to do it myself? >_>
        To short a time to give for a responce, 1 day not everyone visits in 1 day and the ones that do the mods more I see seem to visit even less. If you want though you can always try presenting this on ffxidats.com or to ffximc.com and see if it gets done there.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

I haven't given up on this. I've decided to try to do it myself.

Comment

Good luck, I'd try but some reason everything I try to create has hit this wall I can't find my way around. I know what the issue is I just don't know how to fix.

If you are curious what I mean here are a few examples. I provided how they should and how they are ending up. Odd that Model Viewer, VRS, Metasequoia, and FFXI Utilities didn't show me this. It only showed up only in ChangeText, but ChangeText can't seem to even fix the issue. I import the .dds into ChangeText and try exporting out and it's still got that error.

That error that ChangeText is showing explains my problems when I try it in game. The area were the Texture is right is what the game is using to texture the model, and only that area which explained all my problems. Now it's just if anyone has any idea how to fix

These are the pictures of the Errors I'm getting with all my stuff.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Macht; 07-08-2006, 11:14 PM.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

And these are what they should of been. Until I can solve that issue I'm kind of stuck doing tweaks to stuff people already made... That or creating limited motion files.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Macht; 07-08-2006, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Alright started, all I got done for today. Still needs some work.

I'll post the dat here to download in case I get to busy and can't wait. If you like it feel free to continue working off of it if I don't get the time to continue.
                Attached Files

Comment

While I'm trying to figure it out as well, I really like the way you've done the ribbons here ^^ I appreciate you giving it a shot for me.

Comment

Still playing with it, but just for a checkpoint of sorts. Here is were it's at currently, missing a few vertex to keep a smooth curve shape all around. Hope it's shaping out how you expected. Hair still needs some work and noticed the ribbons are bit off when I placed them in again after altering the hair.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hey, I really like that face/hair mod!! =3

Here's the thing, the ribbons are good I like them, not really a problem but they interfere with some headgear. Would if be too much to ask that they be split into two seperate .dat files? It would not only be a wonderful 7B head mod, but another ribbon mod aside tail ribbons.

Comment

I was wondering since this dealt with the hair styles, I am new to this and was wondering if anyone here could tell me the ROM folder for hair F6 please *tears up*

Comment

Originally posted by Elleana View Post
                          I was wondering since this dealt with the hair styles, I am new to this and was wondering if anyone here could tell me the ROM folder for hair F6 please *tears up*
                          no need to necro a thread, you would have made a new one ;p and to be honest for better service in this department I would go here.....
                          o.O.o Final Fantasy XI Dats o.O.o - Create | Comment | Contribute

but for face Mithra F6?.... that would be....

F6 A (white) is ROM/51/104.dat
                          F6 B (red) is ROM/51/105.dat

enjoy, and always backup your old .dats never know what will happen ;p
                          -------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Working...
                          X