This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request: Brown/Black Chocobo

Was wondering if anyone could make a Brown Chocobo with black beak/legs.

Re: Request: Brown/Black Chocobo

Well i made 2 versions of your chocobo, which, you probably will like neither because for some reason i cannot get "brown" on this chocobo, it's either red or it still looks yellow to me. bah! Anyway, the 2nd version--since you like Berserk that is, has a very "death" looking feel to it... hehe. Anyway, i tried, maybe someone will use it, lol.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Original version:

Ebil version:

Attached Files

Comment

could always just use the hue/saturation tool and instead of master colors go to Reds, and lessen that color of it, or add more yellow to make it brown ^^.
      A LMFAO production:
      How to Kill a Ninja----
      http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...76&q=askaninja

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature

Comment

Originally posted by dabadking
        could always just use the hue/saturation tool and instead of master colors go to Reds, and lessen that color of it, or add more yellow to make it brown ^^.
        I tried that >.<

Been working with Paint Shop Pro for quite a few years now and i tried some things to make it look brown, but since that yellow is already there it kinda masks itself over on the yellow and it just doesn't wanna seem to come up a pure brown.

EDIT:

Here is a more dark brown version i made. Hope it works better.

Attached Files
        Last edited by Zigan; 05-19-2006, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Can you please put the armor on it from War Chocobo! That color is perfect on the last one! I kinda like the bloody one too! But if I have to choose, the last one, without the blood.

Comment

paintshop.... thats your problem lol ... photoshop makes Paintshop look like a generic brand knock-off. my opinion only of course... desaturate it then try recoloring thats what I do when theres too much of a color to make it how you want. Also sometimes AUTO color will lighten it enough for you to desaturate and make it the way you want ^^

also... I hear theres new colored chocos in the .dat files now so .... maybe find and use one of them?
            A LMFAO production:
            How to Kill a Ninja----

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature

Comment

OK I thought this was simple enough to attempt my first color changing ^^ However I ran into problem.

I was following this guide http://phabin.folye.net/?i=te

The DAT to MPQ gave me a BMP file which doesn't have any alpha channel. So, well, I ended up getting the color I like but the alpha channel is gone : /

Any help please? Here's the colored texture file, BMP straight out of photoshop in case you wanna see or work on it

Double Post Edited:
              oops, just realized I changed the color of the seat too. That wasn't intentional.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Jei; 05-19-2006, 01:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
              There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
              but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
              transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Use this DDS Authoring Plugin for Photoshop, and edit the .dds instead of the bmp, Jei. The DDS retains the alpha layer, whereas the BMP does not. Be aware, however, that opening and closing the .dds causes erosion of the bitmap quality... I back up the source as a .png before editing anything in case I need to revert.

Comment

just restore the .dat from back-up (under the files tab), then convert it back, and start again exactly how you did before BUT.... before you convert it to BMP open up the dds file NOT the BMP file... it will look wierd... save THAT as alpha channel.. also SAVE YOUR OLD bmp AS ANOTHER FILE TO SAVE YOU FROM RECOLORING IT AGAIN AFTER RESTORING. (i SAY TO RESTORE BECAUSE i DUNNO IF WHEN YOU ALREADY EDIT THE .DAT IF THE ALPHA STAYS IN THE DDS OR NOT... U CAN TRY... also If I remember correctly... use the MY encoding engine one instead of the other or it wont alpha ......if I remember correctly that is... also yeah Im sorry for the caps but... didnt see it till I was almost done and too lazy to retype all that lol.

Oh and a random question .... any ideas how to keep things from turning greenish when converting or what causes them? ....everytime I convert hanzo or Galford...the arms are green ... never happened before although I read some ppl had issues with that... only time its happened and I made nets on the arms ...maybe that is why? ....I'm confused as to why this has never happened before.
                  A LMFAO production:
                  How to Kill a Ninja----

Comment

arggg... I found a solution down at the buttom of that same tutorual page. >.> Forgive me for asking such stupid thing. Let me try again.

Stormguarde - thanks let me try it out

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Originally posted by dabadking
                      just restore the .dat from back-up (under the files tab), then convert it back, and start again exactly how you did before BUT.... before you convert it to BMP open up the dds file NOT the BMP file... it will look wierd... save THAT as alpha channel.. also SAVE YOUR OLD bmp AS ANOTHER FILE TO SAVE YOU FROM RECOLORING IT AGAIN AFTER RESTORING. (i SAY TO RESTORE BECAUSE i DUNNO IF WHEN YOU ALREADY EDIT THE .DAT IF THE ALPHA STAYS IN THE DDS OR NOT... U CAN TRY... also If I remember correctly... use the MY encoding engine one instead of the other or it wont alpha ......if I remember correctly that is... also yeah Im sorry for the caps but... didnt see it till I was almost done and too lazy to retype all that lol.

Oh and a random question .... any ideas how to keep things from turning greenish when converting or what causes them? ....everytime I convert hanzo or Galford...the arms are green ... never happened before although I read some ppl had issues with that... only time its happened and I made nets on the arms ...maybe that is why? ....I'm confused as to why this has never happened before.
                      Sadly, this happens eventually to all light greytone textures. They degrade constantly in the process of conversion. To remedy this, I work solely in photoshop save files and save as to DDS to avoid said erosion.

Comment

got it ^^ thanks guys

Not exactly brown, but a black chocobo.
                        Attached Files

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Originally posted by Stromgarde
                          Sadly, this happens eventually to all light greytone textures. They degrade constantly in the process of conversion. To remedy this, I work solely in photoshop save files and save as to DDS to avoid said erosion.

Hmm... so ...what version of Photoshop lets you convert to .dds??
                          never really cared at first but... if it starts messing with colors.....time to care lol
                          A LMFAO production:
                          How to Kill a Ninja----

Comment

Photoshop CS2 here. I downloaded the plugin from Stormgarde's link.
                            Then my photoshop lets me open/save-as DDS directly.
                            Attached Files

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

does that plugin work with photoshop 7? ....if not I'll just upgrade mine since its long overdue anyways -_- ... also this may sound dumb but since I normally just buy the new version on the programs instead of using plugins for photoshop.... do they install like a normal program or what?
                              A LMFAO production:
                              How to Kill a Ninja----

Comment

Working...
                              X