This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shrine Knight v2

I'm back from my little vacation...sorta. Have some unfinished business to do for about a week.

Well thats not the point of the topic eh? Well anyways, I decided to work on a longer term project this time. Some of you may remember my old Shrine knight mod. Now even though I based the textures off FFT (Solid colors), it was sorta crappy in my eyes lol. I wanted to expand on what I did back then and do my version of a shrine knight.

When I was working on this project, I was really depressed while working on it and still am. This hit all of a sudden and today was the day. Anyways, because of that, I was only able to get the body halfway done (model wise, textures almost done imo). I lose my creativness when I'm like this so lets just say I have to work harder and sometimes that is futile. Thus you get halfdone work from me.

I basically wanted to start on the dark version which is usually the toughest thing. For the dark version, I based my work off the Drk af set. At first, this was a DRK AF Redo Project. But I changed it to this.

Anyways, I don't know where I'm going with this and if I want to continue it. Depression sorta kills such things. I'm surprised I even got it looking like that.

Front

Back

Side

Oh and lets compare the old shrine knight mod to this, even though its the male version, the female counterpart is virtually the same....

And lets compare this to a very old project that was going to be based off this. Most of you really never saw my old old work unless you tracked me down or something lol....

Ugh lol. I sometimes look at my past work and say "WTF was I smoking?" xD. Yes, back in the days, I was actually crappy, atleast to me .

Things to do...

- Probably change up the shoulder plates (Textures).
    - Fix the cape (model wise). This will probably take weeks since I finally got back into VRS
    - Fix up the model more (Body)
    - More body model changes

If I decide to continue pushing on, I will create the rest of it along with 2 versions of the helm. One will be based off a helm in RFO. The other? Probably drk af helm. The RFO helm will look a lot better if I can pull it off.

Port?
    Sorry, I cannot make this for any other race or have the motivation. This is sorta one of those one time deals. After I'm done with everything, it will be more feminine meaning even if you yourself ported it, have fun redoing it. I do not care if someone ports it to another race when I release it, but you have to let me know.

The other main reason is the cape. I usually spend a lot of time working on that for w/e race that doesn't already have one made by me. EM has one done already, but apparently there is some fatal problem with it. I dunno, EM may get the Light version if I don't make it too feminine, but they would never get the dark version. Put too much time in that.

Release?
    Matters if I get out of this depression phase. Should I continue this? Or should I trash it like other projects? That is the question. When I look at it compared to my old SK mod, its actually a lot better I think.

Even if I do decide to finish it, it will take awhile to release as usual. I can already pinpoint a billion problems with it and I doubt all of that can be fixed. Dunno? June maybe? Thats probably when my site mods will be back anyways.

There will be one thing I'm going to do that may make this mod not look right in FFXI. If that happens, I'm dropping this project.

Can beta test this when I say so and when everything else is finished. Don't bother sending me pm right now.

Anyways, I dunno when and if I work on this again. I made this project a little too detailed texture wise. Such a pain. So yeah, may post again with more shots if I got out of my depression phase. Otherwise, dumped!

Elite noob modder

Re: Shrine Knight v2

Not bad, looking good so far, though the flat skin textures kinda bother me, and the black on the dress might be joined by some more of that gold-ish outline of the chest piece. Just some cool border - stitch lines on the dress to help it pop up more and so it doesn't look so flat or dark.

Comment

Well, depression over. Even though it was over, I kinda did not want to come back and fix this project. So I started on a new project, but then I said, this just doesn't feel right. So I decided to pick back up on this project and start from scratch again.

With me in happy mode and with my music + drinks, I was able to work on this successfully. It took a overwelming 7 hours to get this far, but I'm very happy with my end product so far.

I ended up doing a really really complicated project due to what I did. I have implemented a cape and a skirt that I made myself. No, I did not use the skirt from that typical schoolgirl mod, this is all me baby ;P.

Not to say this project doesn't have its bugs, it has many. For one, I have yet to start on the skirt animation. The cape has animation to it, but there is something else that needs to be fixed before the cape is 100% working. Unfinished textures/models on some things too.

This is the dark version. The light version will use the same model except the body will be represented a little different. I have ditched the old textures shown in previous shots. I have to say it wasn't my cup of tea.

Front - The cape is green because I had a little trouble going from blue to gold. Since I didn't care, I just change it to green.

Side

Back

Just to show you that the cape is INDEED attached to the body, here is 3 shots of her walking. Now if you saw my old projects (which very few saw), I had created capes (crap imo nowadays) and the thing was, I never attached it to the body lmao. So I'd just fool people by just showing a standing still look, but the moment she would move, you could easily tell it wasn't attached. Think I told my bud, Drago, this back when we were into FFXI and modding.

Back

Side

Front - My eyes are scary? Thats the point ;P.

It is very fun to play around with this in modelviewer. I really like the helm xD. I couldn't show any other kind of shots because her legs will pop out of the skirt on many animations and the cape would do some strange things itself.

This baby has a host of problems, but I'll post the minor ones here.

Beta = not possible until I actually start the animations for the skirt and the cape is fixed. I will not show the public the problems with the project. There are many things I have to do in order for all of this to work properly. Right now, 90% of things I do aren't right especially sitting.

May not work in game. Unlike previous projects, I did a lot of wierd stuff in this one and things could end up looking not like they are supposed to be. Doesn't really matter to me since I don't play FFXI lol.

Release?
      I will attach a beta to my thread on my forums sometime in the year 2392. To prevent leeching, ppl gonna have to get membership on my forums. Whenever I release that is ;P. Seriously, right now, its impossible to release this the way that it is. So many things undone, I thought I just show a preview.

Once again, I will say I am not doing this for any other race even EM. Too much time that has to be used for a person that doesn't mod a ton anymore. Not saying I didn't enjoy doing this one.

I don't know when I do light version. I was going to name that the light version lmao. I dunno when I do that.

So, stay in tuned for more stuff. The above was a rough draft you could say. Next batch of shots will show that the skirt is animated properly and flowing good. Dunno when that will be.

Elite noob modder

Comment

nice I like the cape and the flames on the armor O.o
        A LMFAO production:
        How to Kill a Ninja----
        http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...76&q=askaninja

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature

Comment

I hate to say this, but your previous model seemed more pleasent to my eyes. Guess it is the long dress that seemed better than the short skirt.

But we all have our own opinions, and besides it is wrong race for me

Comment

Keep it up! I agree with Mellowy with the whole dress vs. skirt though.
            Kenshin of Valefor: Behemoth Dethroner

Hitting people in four spots with a stick.
            Thats Kendo!
            It'll just take you 20 years to learn to do it right.

Comment

Oh my god, someone that can actually make a cape with an armor piece!

Why not make Guts' Armor, Berserker Armor, Black Swordsman Armor or Band of the Hawk Armor?

I think those pieces would be very popular amongst Dark Knight's.

Comment

So, no lone cape piece, huh? Ah, and I was so looking foward to looking all nobley...

Comment

Shrine Knight v2 Revision 3

Was in a fantastic mood so I decided to work on modding instead of my sites.

After a grueling 8 hours, I have finally done it. I have created probably the first fully functional cape! All my hard work and hours went well this time.

At first, the cape was totally realistic. Infact, you'd be wondering, how is that possible in ffxi xD? Every move you'd make, it would flow, it would animate, whatever you want to call it and it did it very well. But there was a flaw...

Unfortunately, for some reason, I could not connect points to the vital ones thus I had to tone it down from being "too realistic." Don't know what I'm talking about? I would post a shot so you can see what I mean, but I'll do that on my own forums sometime.

Thus the cape was degraded some.

The cape is 100% functional now, but 95% of the animations a character does works. Yes, most if not all animations work just fine. It will never be 100% because if you do the parry animation, the cape will look like complete junk. There are a few other animations that have the same issue, but there is absolutely nothing I can do about it. I made sure this time that I am able to release a mod with a cape on it without me saying "I can't release it."

The skirt got its animation also, but there is something wrong with the back part. If it wasn't for this, I'd ask 1 tester to try this mod out for me so I know it looks right in game.

So on to the shots. I was just going to show a small movie of it, but was too lazy to do it. So I picked out the shots that used to be a problem when I dealt with capes or skirts of the like.

In this shot you see that the legs don't pop out of the skirt

This is what I mean by "Fully functional." A cape that actually looks right when you sit! I worked my hardest on making sure it looked right this time.

Hmm, just showing how far the cape moves with the body....

When I bend down, it looks right.

Legs still don't pop out of the skirt

Ah now we get to the problem shot. As I said earlier, the back of the skirt had issues because I really don't remember all of the HF's skeletal system...in other words, how each skeleton (skel 1 for example) moves.

There are 2 ways of fixing the issue you see here. 1 is to do it via VRS (long time). Or 2, the easy way out and shrink her butt some using metasequoia . I'm planning to do it the VRS way though.

Finally, a shot of me riding a chocobo. Cape still looking good. It works pratically for everything!

Some notes
                  I didn't really work on the textures much. I did make undies, but that is about it.

Textures got degraded after working on the cape so much for some strange reason. The body model is a darker color now. I may fix this, I may not.

So when beta?
                  I'll let people who want it know here in this post sometime when its available. I cannot give it to anyone yet because of the skirt problems and the fact the textures need a small change to them.

Lastly, I will not release a public beta of it if I find out this does not look like it does in game. This is the reason I wanted someone trustworthy to test it out for me. I may just get in contact with one of my old friends again and see if he'll let me use his account briefly. I don't know just yet, most of my old friends who play FFXI are long gone.

Since I was in a fantastic mood after recieving some mail (It was important mail >,>), I have decided to do a Elvaan male version. It will look different than its female counterpart, but it'll use the same body model. I do not know when I'll start on this guys. I only get so little free time.

Anyways, I'll show some more shots again in a week or two, cya.

Elite noob modder

Comment

.dds is a compressed data format. While certain colors are more prone to distortion than others, the end result is the same as if you opened, edited slightly, then resaved a moderately compressed jpeg 10 or so times. For some time I have worked only in .psd file format and used save as for this reason. It's not too bad if only saving once, but since we don't have first party tools, different options (the photoshop plugin, the various encode engines for GC3) may give better results under different circumstances.

Comment

i really like these, very nice work!

Comment

Hyades these are wonderful I love the dats you make please keep up the wonderful work I love them all.

Comment

Working...
                        X