This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Izlude shrine knight from FFT and others soon

okay ...Ive decided that since I am most likely going to make a lot of FFT character outfits (I havent tried editing faces or hair so ..outfits will have to do for now). This is where ill be putting all my outfits for FFT instead of one topic per character so that i dont flood the forums lol. just a rough draft of what Ill be making, i think its best to post what I have as early as possible just in case I missed a detail, or someone has a better reference picture... i mean cmon ...have you seen the picture I have to go off of? XD Ive only just done the body for now, and even thats not finished but ..

I'd like feedback ..should I stay as close as the picture as possible(no designs etc)? Or...should I add more stuff? the rest of the gear will come once I finish the body but heres an early look at it....yeah Im far from the best at this but

before i started making my own (skinning anyways) Even SOMETHING resembling FFT or other RPG stuff was things i looked forward to, so while its not the best ..it will be something I work on for the people like me who didnt know how to do this and wanted something to remind them of past games that were lost today so it will look a lot better given time but...right now its very late, and I work tomorrow/today so.. Ill leave you with a picture and the pics Im using as a reference and hopefully ill get a few suggestions from here

P.S. thanks to the person responsible for shadowslair website (not sure what forum if any that hes on, but has since retired from modding in FFXI) for the original shrine knight outfit, which although I didnt use helped me to realize that you CAN make cape type things

-----------------Updated 12-29-05-----------------------------------
    Someone mentioned Izlude is not gold enough so ...I remade him with everything from all the previous versions and also added a more gold look.
    Posted on the first thread, so noone would have to hunt around for it now ^^. I also left the old pics up just as a comparison.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dabadking; 12-29-2005, 07:43 PM.
    A LMFAO production:
    How to Kill a Ninja----
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...76&q=askaninja

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature

Re: Izlude shrine knight from FFT and others soon

Impressive :D I need to learn to edit models like that (to the point where they don't distort horribly -.-). Nice work ~
    Though, it would be awsome to see a design on it. :D
    Just a small suggestion from an artist. Lol... we don't like to leave things as they would originally be... just to spice things up.

Comment

Dude that freakin rocks. though as a suggestion, in the originalmodel, his leg/feet armor and arm/hand armor is gold, so if you play around with the colors i think you may have a slightly better alikeness, just a suggetion thouhg. God work.

Take The Quiz Yourself!

Comment

Whooaa i like this armor!! Have you made sure the long mantle wont interfere with the knees and stuff? (That happened to some long skirt in FfxiDatcollection ><.. equipping no leg armor solved it though)

My appreciation for this. ^^
        http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=953347

War75 Thf75 Pld75 Sam75 Mnk75 Rdm75 Nin75 Bard 75

Comment

Does the back have the hood down? I'd like to see one with a hood. As I recall, most of the female shrine knights were hooded.

Also, I'm not too sure, but I think the belt part is actually a set of belt pouches. You could probably take the ones off of THF AF and put them over the belt.

More Weapons

Comment

yeah the rest of the gear seems kind of weird... i'd think modifying the rest of the paladin af to match the color scheme would look a bit better, other than that it looks very impressive. =)

Comment

Okay just got off of work and ...as everone pointed out ...the ONLY thing i changed was the body armor so far ... hey it was 1am and i had to work at 5 so ...Ill be working on the rest of the gear today ^^ I'm glad the public likes it so far ^^. Also as for the hooded one yes i will TRY to add a hood onto one but..Ive never tried to add a hood yet, as I can only skin so far ..If anyone knows how to do this, I can make the same exact colors for the hood and maybe someone can add that to make it a hooded version as well.

I Have not edited the belt or anything yet ..all i did was add the cape, and change the colors so far ... now that its not 1am Ill be looking to give this a major overhaul to look VERY close to the original hopefully... also as someone pointed out to maybe add a design to the armor....I'd like to make it as close to FFT as possible. if anyone has any flags from FFT or any Ivalice insignias or something similar I can add that to it (im fairly sure FFT was ivalice...its been a while and last tactics game i played was the GBA one so ..maybe it wasnt).. As Ive mentioned before FFT was one of my fave games and although the armor is simple the designs were some of my favorite designs in any FF to date, so I wont just be making him... there will be lots more once izlude is finished
              A LMFAO production:
              How to Kill a Ninja----

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature

Comment

Trim that tabard... it's too long imo.

Comment

it looks really good

Comment

tabard trimmed a bit, and gloves almost finished.. the whole thing should have been done by now but having an issue on the gloves showing either slightly redish or blotchy in a few spots..trying to find a happy medium lol. Also the gear looks more brownish now as looking closer at the reference, its brown not goldish. The shoulder pads are exact color match but... its hell getting the gloves to match the pads as the lighting is different for them as its lower on the model so it either looks too red, or yellowish ..pants and boots will be quick ^^ its the gloves that are giving me a prob for some reason...just a hiccup lol nothing big ^^

ok still not completely happy with a few colors..even though the boots look slightly off color of the rest of the gear ...I like it a lot ..I may change the gear to match the boots if I can ..Also still looking for designs for the cape piece, and have not worked on a hood yet but heres what I have so far.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by dabadking; 12-19-2005, 08:58 PM. Reason: updated gear
                    A LMFAO production:
                    How to Kill a Ninja----

Comment

The Tabard looks a little flat >.>

Comment

Originally posted by Selenity
                        The Tabard looks a little flat >.>
                        color wise? or look wise in general? if its because it doesnt move very fluid...thats a FFXI issue and I cant change that ..If its color, I can change that.
                        A LMFAO production:
                        How to Kill a Ninja----

Comment

Colorwise it looks a bit flat - maybe making it look like it's made from some sort of cloth might help

Comment

gotcha ^^, im on it. I just changed it to that color and figured the shading would make it look decent but.. guess theres no way around adding real cloth lol
                            A LMFAO production:
                            How to Kill a Ninja----

Comment

"adding" cloth over itself and shading and bluring the edges to make it overlay with the main piece will achieve the effect you need, also wave it up a bit at the lower part to make it look like its actually cloth and not just a piece of over-ironed sheet =x
                              signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Working...
                              X