Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cloud's gear WIP comments and suggestions?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cloud's gear WIP comments and suggestions?

first off...this is the first gear i have made like this and while i dont think I did bad for only playing with photoshop for about a week, i KNOW it needs lots of work but seeing as how noone has done this to my knowledge i figured why not throw it up and get feedback (i may change the shoulder pad as i wanted it to be like the movie but ..may change it to be like FF7 game. Also i've only done the body and legs so far and as im not quite sure how to edit out pieces of armor.. it still has the flaps on it as well). It may not be that hard to cut peices of armor out but..i havent looked up how to do that yet sowith that out of the way ...any other comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

P.S. as this is my first post on the forum most likely my upload wont work ...we shall see XD

added the file since someone mentioned I should post it.... the colors arent exact but its decent untill I learn more about color editing

EDIT: 12-17-05 new version of this gear is available for download (huma male only so far) taru version is done but not as up to date as the hume version ..can update that if theres an interest in a taru version.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dabadking; 12-17-2005, 07:32 PM.
    A LMFAO production:
    How to Kill a Ninja----
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...76&q=askaninja

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature

Re: cloud's gear WIP comments and suggestions?

for a first attempt its awesome. Keep at it and try to perfect it ^^
    ---------------------------

www.tinyurl.com/servants12

Comment

Wha?!?!

Huh?...?

teh..? new guy?!?! And good work???...!?!

And no "Help me!" post authored by him ?!?!? 11?

IT WORKS!!1!11!
      §· White Mages are given their gift to help people ·§
      §· To charge a person in need of that gift is against all White Mage principles ·§

»··· BUT ···«

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day.
      Teach a man to fish, and he will eat for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Monet
        Wha?!?!

Huh?...?

teh..? new guy?!?! And good work???...!?!

And no "Help me!" post authored by him ?!?!? 11?

IT WORKS!!1!11!
        Is this burning i smell? o.o
        signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

lol looks cool^^ keep at it

i'm almost finished with myt first attempt too

ionia of Cait Sith! 75 RDM, 75 THF
          Plotting World Domination and doing silly emotes on a server probably not near you!
          I live to entertain!

Comment

hey kewl put da dat files up lol
            if u need a cloud hair i got 1 i made

Double Post Edited:
            also got long black zack hair so could have a cloud and zack 1
            Last edited by WINGxx; 12-15-2005, 03:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
            "You have 2 legs so walk forward on them"

Comment

Originally posted by dabadking
              first off...this is the first gear i have made like this and while i dont think I did bad for only playing with photoshop for about a week, i KNOW it needs lots of work but seeing as how noone has done this to my knowledge i figured why not throw it up and get feedback (i may change the shoulder pad as i wanted it to be like the movie but ..may change it to be like FF7 game. Also i've only done the body and legs so far and as im not quite sure how to edit out pieces of armor.. it still has the flaps on it as well). It may not be that hard to cut peices of armor out but..i havent looked up how to do that yet sowith that out of the way ...any other comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

P.S. as this is my first post on the forum most likely my upload wont work ...we shall see XD
              Dont change nothing. That bad ass work^.^

Your Mine Dogs Mahahaha

Comment

I just finished this armor as well, and while im not completely happy with it ..(mainly the coloring) I figured id put this up for suggestions as well, I didnt like the fact that when i use my scorp harness as a bst it looks well...out of place
                I used a remade dragon harness i think? (forgot if thats the actual name) anyways, I should have found a brown colored armor and (there wasnt a readme so Im not sure who made it and i forgot what post it was in)used that as a base instead of using a brown armor as a baseI used his black armor and made it brown lol...I did things the hard way on this one sadly and didnt realize it untill i was past the point of no return lol
                Originally i wanted to take the shoulder pads from the bst Af but...they were smaller and i didnt know how it would look stretched.. may still change that. I tried to make the cloth of the SH to look more like the AF colors but.. it looked so close to the skin color that I wasnt always sure if i could see that, or if it was the skin lol. So, I stuck with a slight brownish/yellow. I'm also looking into making the cloth look furry using photoshop stuff ...dunno how well it will look though so we will see.

Thanks for the comments on the cloud gear im glad people like it, if anyone knows how to add custom stuff to armor and would like to edit it, that would be cool (like getting rid of the side flaps on the clouds armor) I hear it has to do with alpha something? no clue...anyways, I figured now that i know a little bit about this It is time to add to what has made FFXI much more enjoyable

Another item up for comments and suggestions although...this one will need work lol
                (everything is bst Af, I only changed the scorp harness)
                Attached Files
                Last edited by dabadking; 12-15-2005, 06:04 AM.
                A LMFAO production:
                How to Kill a Ninja----

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature

Comment

thats a pretty bad ass cloud set up. keep up the good work!

Comment

Originally posted by Balfree
                    Is this burning i smell? o.o
                    Not hardly. I am actually ecstatic that someone new to the dat-ing community is not only productive, but talented AND literate enough to find his own answers.

DEFINATELY, keep up the great work.
                    §· White Mages are given their gift to help people ·§
                    §· To charge a person in need of that gift is against all White Mage principles ·§

»··· BUT ···«

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day.
                    Teach a man to fish, and he will eat for the rest of his life.

Comment

oooooh thats awesome. good job man ^^
                      I seek the history of this world, Vana'diel. All of its legends, all of its secrets await me.
                      My search will continue until I know the truth.

Comment

Reality: If you hadn't mentioned that it was supposed to be 'Cloud', no one would even know. But hey, at least you got it working.
                        That means you're on the right track.

Comment

Originally posted by Tsikuro
                          Reality: If you hadn't mentioned that it was supposed to be 'Cloud', no one would even know. But hey, at least you got it working.
                          That means you're on the right track.
                          I based it on the playstation game so...while it wasnt exact, i thought it looked okay >.>, also ...I wasnt looking to make cloud. Just his armor, it would be kind of an overkill to make a full cloud and see EVERYONE being cloud that had your model lol, also the pants well...thats the closest thing i found as far as the baggy pants and they cover the boots
                          I will be looking into actually adding things to models, and if succesfull...most likely ill have something a lot closer to the original as i would probably take the shoulder pad from the carapace breastplate.
                          Also in my defense.. it took me most of the time to learn photoshop and ..only about 15 minutes to make the gear so ...I knew it wasnt going to be perfect XD, was just looking for opinions and suggestions so no worries ^^ once i learn more about photoshop and mess with making more gear ill understand a bit better how to change what. I save everything as layers so...changing stuff only takes a few minutes luckily. I will be learning how to make stuff and hopefully in the future will be at least attempting to make a few items from past final fantasies, Shining forces, and maybe phantasy star things depending on how well it goes.

thanks for the feedback, much appreciated ^^.

EDIT: okay hows THIS gear? ^^ i think it looks a lot better than the original also the pants well...the PS1 version is this style..Its not my favorite shade of the color but..from the old pics on the net ..it is accurate (accurate as in.. i took the actual color from the pics so...its at least very very close)I fixed the back of it (no more small patch of blue on the back, and now he has his pinstripes from the actual game model put into the harness

If anyone would like to shorten the pants so that the boots are shown id appreciate it I tried to change it in meta but...when i did, where the pants USED to be ..had no model So im assuming thats where VRS comes in, but I can and will eventually make the old spikey shoulder pad that he wore using meta..but ill change a bit at a time to get input as i change it. Also in another forum someone asked for a taru version ..I made one and... I gotta laugh .. it looks like a superdeformed cloud (AKA FF7 style lol)
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by dabadking; 12-16-2005, 08:20 PM.
                          A LMFAO production:
                          How to Kill a Ninja----

Comment

I'd suggest calling it a "SOLDIER First Class" Outfit not "Clouds outfit"

Also. A few points I want to make so you can maybe improve it.

1. You showed the back of the model (I'll full examine it in the model viewer later) At the back is missing the Leather harness like apparatus that also has the Magnet Sheath that both Zack and Cloud us to keep their Swords on their back. I suppose all SOLDIER have this as well.

2. I can't really tell what kind of boots your trying to use. But IIRC there is nothing even close to what Zack and Cloud wear. Which look like Ankle High Doc Marten Shit Kickers.

3. Try and get rid of the hip hugger armor skirts

But thats just my super FF7 Fanboyism taking over. Everything else is nice, And I aggree that the Carapace armor has potention to be the shoulder pad. just gotta make a metalic skin for it.

Comment

I would also recommend removing the top waist band and try to combine the bottom waist band with the belt to make 1 large belt.

More Weapons

Comment

Working...
                              X