Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

.dat Conversion request (Mithra >>> Elvaan M)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .dat Conversion request (Mithra >>> Elvaan M)

http://img489.imageshack.us/img489/4...dshield8wg.jpg
    Is it possible? Can you handle it?
    I'd love it if someone would do this.
    Whoever takes up the task, you have my gratitude. ^^
    Attached Files

Re: .dat Conversion request (Mithra >>> Elvaan M)

I'll do this, got sword done, i'll post later when I finish the sheild, its really simple, just in game right now i'll finish it later ^^
    Join Us at FFXI Mod Community! A great site for support! Don't forget TuTWiki, open community Wiki. Also Every User Gets 100mb To Upload Images/Dats easily! All Users Can Edit Thier own Dat Submissions!

FFXI Mod Community - Join Us!

GrumpyRarab Tutorials!

Need A Program to Swap Dats Easy And Back them up for you Then you need Dat Copier!
    FFXI Dat Copier - By Me!

Comment

Ok its finished. If I need to move it up arm more let me know but think its fine where it is. I had to move the sheild back to the proper spot. But it was easy enough, the dat can be found on my forum.

Last edited by Kilandor; 10-22-2005, 05:43 AM.
      Join Us at FFXI Mod Community! A great site for support! Don't forget TuTWiki, open community Wiki. Also Every User Gets 100mb To Upload Images/Dats easily! All Users Can Edit Thier own Dat Submissions!

GrumpyRarab Tutorials!

Need A Program to Swap Dats Easy And Back them up for you Then you need Dat Copier!
      FFXI Dat Copier - By Me!

Comment

Originally posted by Kilandor
        Ok its finished. If I need to move it up arm more let me know but think its fine where it is. I had to move the sheild back to the proper spot. But it was easy enough, the dat can be found on my forum.

THANK YOU!
        I'll try it out right now. ^^

Edit: Well, I tried it out, and there are still a few major errors =(
        When the character first draws the sword, it completely skips the sword drawing animation and he enters a h2h combat stance, but then the sword appears in his hand.

^ In the second image above, the sword is already supposedly drawn.
        Also, during combat, the animations are a bit crazy... it looks like the character tries to throw a stab at himself after hitting the enemy... XD

Don't know if any of this stuff should be expected from using custom .dats, but it seems difficult to fix ; ;

Edit #2: Upon closer examination, it looks like the game completely ignores the fact that the sword is there, and just puts your character in 'hand-to-hand' mode. -_-; ... The shield seems fine, though- it only goes through my character in that screeny because he's drawing his sword as if it were a h2h weapon, and it is a big big.
        Last edited by Tsikuro; 10-22-2005, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Hm... Very very strange, I honeslty have no clue as to why it might do that, let me talk to Strom. He might have an idea, hes checking out the files

GrumpyRarab Tutorials!

FFXI Dat Copier - By Me!

Comment

I'm having a similar problem when attempting to move the AA scythe from taru to hume, continues to run while in the battle stance and doesnt swing the weapon:

Comment

We've figured out the problem, and fixed it for the elvaan model. Kilandor will post it once he's done with some other stuff.

Comment

if you guys could get a drg pic like the ones above that would be awesome if its not trouble.

Comment

I managed to fix the problem with the scythe while attacking but now theres lines going across the model in-game. It looks fine in modelviewer.

I have no idea why this happened and dunno how it could have either =/

Comment

Those lines look pretty cool....

Comment

The resolution's too high for a player scythe. Needs to be reduced. Or, (and this creates more problems) the bitmap is something like 128x64 and needs to be rotated 90 degrees to work.
                      Last edited by Stromgarde; 10-22-2005, 04:29 PM.

Comment

it was fine before I fixed the header though, dont understand how it could be fine then and now its messed up lol.

Guess I'll look into how to lower the resolution. Still learning.

Comment

Maximum resolution is determined by type of equipment.

Comment

If I'm changing the resolution in the right place (texture) then it is the 2nd thing you mentioned.

Is there a way to avoid this problem from the start? Or am I doomed to have to figure it out?

I'm going to quickly make the scythe again from the start and see if I can avoid it. =/

Comment

Ok, Re-oploaded the sword fix. And properly named files. Thanks to Strom for fixing the sword and seeing I misnamed the files.

GrumpyRarab Tutorials!

FFXI Dat Copier - By Me!

Comment

Working...
                              X