This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parse dat files

I see all kinds of information here on how to alter the looks of things in FFXI, it appears to be a decent resource for that kind of information. However, I'm looking for some help on parsing the FFXI dat files to build a database of all the items in FFXI. Can someone help point me in the right direction?

Re: Parse dat files

check Pebbles' POLUtils.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

l
      Originally posted by neighbortaru
      check Pebbles' POLUtils.
      linky?

Comment

search button?

(she also has the link in her journal)

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Great tool, thanks. Not exactly what I was looking for though. I'm looking to parse all FFXI .dat files and dump information about items (slot, delay, damage, modifiers, etc) into a .CSV file so I can import into a database and query my heart away. That is what sites like ffxi.somepage.com and ffxi.allakhazam.com do, but they will not reveal anything as to how they do it. I'm a decent programmer, so anyone who has anything technical to say on this topic, don't hold back.

Double Post Edited:
          Ok, so this will export to a CSV file, but can it do every item? Or do I have to go through one by one... sorry for the newbness on this..
          Last edited by Ganiman; 10-18-2005, 08:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

i'm not sure. i've never made use of the export feature. might want to PM Pebbles about that.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Ok, might as well just delete this thread.. I've acted like a n00b >.>

I played with the tool, and it is doing exactly what I was hoping to program on my own. Excellent work on this, probably the most useful FFXI tool I've ever used (for my purposes). I'm very happy with how this works. It will not only export information about every item in the game, but it will also export the icon images for each item. That's a huge bonus, and now I can get to work on my searchable database. I only wish I could have it name the images what I want... but it probably does. I'll just have to play with it some more :D

Comment

i'm sure Pebbles would love to hear the good news.
                btw, I believe Cuer posted that they use it for ffxi.somepage too

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Working...
                X